German vandals ordered jailed, caned in Singapore

webfact

Made a mistake?..........give me a break! The only mistake made was your father not using that condom 21 years ago! No excuse at all

Just a bunch of retarded punks thinking they could get away with it. Singapore should also spray their faces red before kicking them out of the

Country, and don't send them here!...........Then again, we could use some paint on some of the Highway overpasses. Something to look at as we wait 2 hrs. for the traffic to move!..... Simply inexcusable Jerks!

• Like 2

Mentioning thugs. remember the two Russians that broke into the temple in Pai. Or the three naked Euros on the motorbike in Cambodia. Numerous half naked idiots in Vang Vieng Laos. This seems like the worst year ever for foreigners getting out of hand in Thailand or Southeast Asia in general. Would love to see these people pull this off in Singapore. I learned at an early age to not mess with others belongings and to be respectful of other cultures when traveling. Otherwise my dad beat the crap out of me. By age seven i think i got the message. Sorry no sympathy when i see foreigners getting beaten here. Have witnessed it more than once. The i,ll do as i damn please attitude is wearing thin with the Thais. I wonder why they hate us so ?

Made a mistake?..........give me a break! The only mistake made was your father not using that condom 21 years ago! No excuse at all

Just a bunch of retarded punks thinking they could get away with it. Singapore should also spray their faces red before kicking them out of the

Country, and don't send them here!...........Then again, we could use some paint on some of the Highway overpasses. Something to look at as we wait 2 hrs. for the traffic to move!..... Simply inexcusable Jerks!

• Like 1

It's a barbaric practice that has no place in modern society, regardless of the "crimes" committed.

I'd put it at the same level as flogging women for infidelity.

Google "Singapore caning" and look for pictures of what it's all about.

Yes quite barbaric indeed.

They say that once you have been caned , you NEVER want that again..

Once people have gone to jail, going back is not a big issue for many criminals...

But many americans fed up with crime think this punishment might deter criminals from recidivism in their country...

It surely would, but will not happen... PC.

As a boy i took canings in school, i made sure most the perps regretted it later in life, one of the teachers realised his mistake a few hours after the incident when he suffered a severe beating administered by my mother.

Interesting. In my school in the US, they did not cane anyone, therefore I was not caned.

But had I been caned, I, too, would have made sure the perpetrators paid for it. I would have hunted them down and taken care of business. No doubt about it.

I would bet all of those in favor of these vandals getting caned have never been caned themselves.

At this time caning in public schools seemed rife, was obvious many of the teachers or even headmasters enjoyed it even to the point of saliva and foam at the mouth, later in my late twenties i invested considerable time hunting them down...most were still in the education field doing the same, to be fair i used the same weapon as they but made sure it was an experience never to be forgotten..ie they did not walk away.

Have you served time ?

They simply chose the wrong country to do this kind of thing in.

No sympathy.

They knew the risk

They really should do this stuff at home.

Calling it a 'mistake' stupid or intelligent speaks a lot about themselves!

Imagine a Thai (or any other 'undeveloped' country citizen) does this in Germany...

Imagine the comments here...

Tells a story, does it not?

Well done Singapore!

clap2.gif

Edit

After a mistake...

Both men fled Singapore after the incident but were caught in neighbouring Malaysia en route to Australia, where they were working, and extradited.

Edited by ravip

As a boy i took canings in school, i made sure most the perps regretted it later in life, one of the teachers realised his mistake a few hours after the incident when he suffered a severe beating administered by my mother.

Interesting. In my school in the US, they did not cane anyone, therefore I was not caned.

But had I been caned, I, too, would have made sure the perpetrators paid for it. I would have hunted them down and taken care of business. No doubt about it.

I would bet all of those in favor of these vandals getting caned have never been caned themselves.

At this time caning in public schools seemed rife, was obvious many of the teachers or even headmasters enjoyed it even to the point of saliva and foam at the mouth, later in my late twenties i invested considerable time hunting them down...most were still in the education field doing the same, to be fair i used the same weapon as they but made sure it was an experience never to be forgotten..ie they did not walk awa

hahahahaha stop lying on here you belittle yourself ..hunted them down did you..grow up and give us a credible story without the extra tinsel theirs a good boy..

Fact is i later found i was,nt the only ex victim making enquiries, i was just more mobile, such an impression they made on us,

I cant imagine the mentality of the guys in singapore who either order or administer the canings, wonder if they sleep at night.

At this time caning in public schools seemed rife, was obvious many of the teachers or even headmasters enjoyed it even to the point of saliva and foam at the mouth, later in my late twenties i invested considerable time hunting them down...most were still in the education field doing the same, to be fair i used the same weapon as they but made sure it was an experience never to be forgotten..ie they did not walk away.

Have you served time ?

As a juvenile yes but not as an adult, and as far as i know ..no criminal record,

i should add that at this point in my life i was still going through uni funded myself with zero financial aid from my parents.

Edited by tingtongfarang

That's why US schools/buses/subways look the way they do and not like in Singapore...

Plenty of peole who think like you do and shoot teachers in the US because they looked at

them in a wrong way.

US schools are full of bullies and drug dealers. Anyone, who can afford, pays 100s of

thousands of dollars for private schools NOT to have his kid go to ghetto public schools.

Not so in Singapore. Ever wondered why?

Barbaric behavior calls for barbaric punishment. If US schools were to institute some

of the barbaric punishments, maybe there would be fewer barbaric students and later

on fewer barbaric citizens in the society...

• Like 2

Bravo, Singapore!

bamboo canes is the best cure for those monkeys, sticking there so called "graffiti art" in other people's throats.

they behave like dogs, marking there territory with urine.

if somebody volunteerly became an animal - he (or she) should be treated like an animal - with bamboo canes

Fact is i later found i was,nt the only ex victim making enquiries, i was just more mobile, such an impression they made on us,

I cant imagine the mentality of the guys in singapore who either order or administer the canings, wonder if they sleep at night.

well, not all people are so sensitive

It's a barbaric practice that has no place in modern society, regardless of the "crimes" committed.

So you think it is OK for people to deliberately enter a restricted area, not just once but twice, cause S$13,xxx worth of damage and be let off with just a smack on the hand and a warning NOT to do it again.

It is common knowledge that Singapore is tough on crime and criminals. The internet is available to look things up.

One of them apparently said it was a stupid mistake and that they wouldn't do it again.

It was NOT a stupid mistake, it was deliberately done with planning carried out before hand.

Their mistake was thinking that they wouldn't be caught.

You would lose your bet with me @mesquite.

I got caught breaking the rules a couple of times and got caned for it. I learned after the second time and never did it again nor did my parents interfere with the school or the teachers.

quote "I would have hunted them down and taken care of business".

So in your mind it is OK to break the rules and the laws yet if you were caught you would have broken the law and got retribution and been happy with that.

I am not sure if you are trolling, in which case I bit, or you are as stupid as you sound on your post.

Edited by billd766

Bravo, Singapore!

bamboo canes is the best cure for those monkeys, sticking there so called "graffiti art" in other people's throats.

they behave like dogs, marking there territory with urine.

if somebody volunteerly became an animal - he (or she) should be treated like an animal - with bamboo canes

Unfair to animals. Animals don't do graffiti, only morons do crap like that.

Singapore isn't your home country. One of the first things people comment on is how clean and orderly it is compared to so many of it's neighbours - clearly, there is a price to be paid for that and these two will pay that price. I dont like to see the photos of people being caned in what seems like an extremely fetishistic apparatus, but its their society : as soihok said these two idiots messed up in the wrong country. The amount of planning that went into this leaves me wondering if they've committed similar vandalism back in Oz, where the community pays millions every year to clean up graffiti. There is street art - and most of those guys are given walls to work on - and there's idiotic taggers : these two strike me as the latter. Google 'personal responsibility'.

We lament so many things that have gone downhill n the West over the last 30-40 years - ironically the same period that has seen Singapore go from zero to hero economically. Cant say I could live there on anything less than 500K SGD a year, though ;)