ToT Internet

Dirk_brijs

Not in Pattaya, but in Na Jomtien and my TOT connection goes out like clockwork every night between 7-8 PM

Annoying thing is that I know it is going to happen because I start to get these low volume rings on my house phone right before the Internet goes down. Pick up the phone and there is a lot of static on the line

So annoying that I have just disconnected the phone and the "ADSL filter" and run my router directly to the wall plate

Afraid to call TOT because they usually make things worse and an hour loss per day is better than no Internet at all

• Like 1

TOT, actually provide the fibre backbone to all the other providers. Im with true and its been very erratic the past couple of days. Might be something to do with motorworks.

Anyway here is my speedtest from the Darkside on a 15M connection.

4192429734.png

An upload speed of 0.1Mbs coupled with a download speed of 5Mbs is indicative of a line fault and is very unlikely to be connected to any network problem or overload.

You should check the stats of your DSL connection via the modem configuration page as I suspect that you have a very poor upstream SNR and/or upstream attenuation.

If so, the answer is to get a technician to look at your line. They can tell exactly where the problem will be on it, almost to the centimetre.

My Results don't appear too bad and streaming used to be fine but it has sucked for a couple of months now at least. Not response from TOT.

We're supposed to have a fast fibre connection too.

I remember there were some undersea cable problems which I thought may have an impact but I believe these were repaired?

I used to connect to my daughters server in Australia (NBN) for streaming but now it is so poor I can't stream anything.

I don't understand why the speed test looks ok but performs terribly?

post-100320-0-70999000-1425624452_thumb.

3bb and has been slow the last couple of days - streaming video is almost impossible

some speed tests are unreliable as the providers can create network paths to them that don't actually show their true traffic speeds

• Like 1

simple, the speed test is local, and not international.

Try and change to an international server

actually it is not as simple as that - like I said ISP's can create special routing to "international" speedtest sites but anyway never mind about that - there does seem to be a problem

I have checked 3 different 3bb services available to me and they are all the same - extremely slow, there may be a problem with the international backbone out of Thailand at the moment, the last time this happened it was an undersea fibre cable had been damaged

OK just checked 3bb's own speedtest and it is slow also - so this is an internal issue within Thailand

Edited by smedly

I'm with ToT and it's been dodgy for months. But really bad lately. Especially the past few days. Can't even stream video the past day or so. Cutting in and out.

The ones who are on 3BB in the village here have it even worse and many are going back to ToT. Plus, if you need something done, seems 3BB charges an arm and a leg for the repair work.

The TOT ADSL here on Thepprasit Soi 8 has been really poor for about two weeks. Yesterday it came back a bit and today it's not been too bad at all. I'm getting very tempted to change to True as my neighbours in the village here say it's excellent.

Here's what I was getting a few days back:

post-51556-0-01107500-1425627706_thumb.j

Honestly, that's dial-up modem speed, not ADSL! sad.png

post-51556-0-25818000-1425627782_thumb.j

It couldn't even complete the damn speed test!

Edited by Guderian
  • Like 1

I'm with ToT and it's been dodgy for months. But really bad lately. Especially the past few days. Can't even stream video the past day or so. Cutting in and out.

The ones who are on 3BB in the village here have it even worse and many are going back to ToT. Plus, if you need something done, seems 3BB charges an arm and a leg for the repair work.

the three connections here are generally good but the last few days there have been issues, the max I can get after several reboots and on 3bb's own speed test (internal to Thailand) is 2mbps download, it is usually in the range 13-15mbps - all three separate accounts are the same

My TOT was cancelled by them 2 weeks ago. Although I initially got a 'shrug of the shoulders' from the Klang office I asked my Thai landlady to see them. She reported back to me that they had cut me off by mistake - it was another farang that had cancelled.

The point of this paragraph is to show the rubbish customer care, but, and relevant to this thread, since I have been re-connected my streaming has been pretty poor.

I'm not clued up enough to post the speeds but I have a note of them .Download 8 mbs Upload 0.3 mbs. It's really ruining my worldcup cricket streaming paid for via Star Sports.

Funny, I was only thinking in early Feb that the TOT streaming was pretty good and they had sorted out the gremlins (I have been with them for 7 years at three different darkside locations).

I have 3BB. I've never paid anything for repairs.

If I have a problem I call them, they call me back within a minute or two, I describe the problem and someone fixes it within 48 hours. Sometimes without coming to my condo at all.

In the year I have been with them I've done this three times, and the first two times were in fact down to bad wiring inside my condo building (and so not in fact 3BB's problem at all, but they sorted it out with the building technicians).

The TOT ADSL here on Thepprasit Soi 8 has been really poor for about two weeks. Yesterday it came back a bit and today it's not been too bad at all. I'm getting very tempted to change to True as my neighbours in the village here say it's excellent.

Here's what I was getting a few days back:

attachicon.gifTOT crap.jpg

Honestly, that's dial-up modem speed, not ADSL! sad.png

attachicon.gifTOT crap 3.jpg

It couldn't even complete the damn speed test!

So it's Guderian.......downloading multiple series in one time.............sad.png

• Like 1

I have 3BB. I've never paid anything for repairs.

If I have a problem I call them, they call me back within a minute or two, I describe the problem and someone fixes it within 48 hours. Sometimes without coming to my condo at all.

In the year I have been with them I've done this three times, and the first two times were in fact down to bad wiring inside my condo building (and so not in fact 3BB's problem at all, but they sorted it out with the building technicians).

They came to our village about 2 years ago, or so. My neighbor had problems and they said it was the cable and charged them 3,000B to lay a new one. I think they signed up too many new customers and the service was terrible, so many switched back to ToT. Not sure how it's working now. But I know for sure ToT is not doing good here! LOL

They came to our village about 2 years ago, or so. My neighbor had problems and they said it was the cable and charged them 3,000B to lay a new one. I think they signed up too many new customers and the service was terrible, so many switched back to ToT. Not sure how it's working now. But I know for sure ToT is not doing good here! LOL

Ah, is that cable/fibre? Maybe they have different pricing rules for that. I certainly pay nothing for servicing my ADSL line or even changing the line (which they did when I initially signed up).

I just checked with our village manager. Everybody here is having problems with ToT. He's going to check with those on 3BB to see what's going on.

Yes, it's cable they had to run to our village. I guess. But most have switched back due to the poor service/performance. I attribute that to growing pains though.

Still horrible speeds from ToT today...

I just checked with our village manager. Everybody here is having problems with ToT. He's going to check with those on 3BB to see what's going on.

Yes, it's cable they had to run to our village. I guess. But most have switched back due to the poor service/performance. I attribute that to growing pains though.

It's not specific to your village, Craig, I'm getting the same nonsense here. Yesterday it was OK, not great but acceptable. This morning it started off OK then within 30 minutes the ADSL connection was dropped twice and now the best TOT can offer is around 20KB/s DL speed. Complete rubbish. sad.png

Edited by Guderian

I can report that TOT in Na Jomtien has been terrible to Europe and US websites for almost 2 weeks now. If you do a speedtest here testmy.net you can select a server in UK . I only get 0.2 mb , all day and night. Same with US 0.2-0.5 mb. Try Hong Kong server and the speed is normal up to 10 mb.

The speed is so slow I can't even read my local news or look at pictures. After midnight until 6 am its a lot better , still only 1mb to Europe.

So I use my 3G Dtac connection instead that gives me up to 1mb .

Does it help complaining to TOT ?

Edited by balo

I've complained about service a few times here. Most of the time, I get a very good response. Some almost over the top. But these are with big, reputable companies. Not just small vendors at, say, Tukcom.

I had issues with ToT, called them, and things seemed to get better. I'm still not where I'd like to be, but it does seem much better.

I can confirm, that TOT on the Darkside is very, very poor since 2-3 weeks.

Even simple Internet Radio is impossible from time to time.

And after 9PM...forget it.

Funny enough, TOT seems to have some kind of Peering with some German ISP, cause I can download/stream shows from some German TV Stations with ~10MBit/s day and night...

Edited by Turkleton
  • Like 1

It's improved here to the point where it's at least usable, though it's still noticeably slower than it used to be. Actual DL speeds fluctuate wildly from 50 KB/s to 150 KB/s, but at least it's stopped dropping the connection all the time. I'd like to think that they're aware of the problem and working around the clock to fix it, but I expect that's just living in hope.

• Like 1

Not much of an improvement here, I get 100-130 kb/s to the UK and Scandinavia , compared with yesterday at the same time it was only 50 kb/s....or nothing , This is only servers in Europe, try China and Singapore and the speed is at almost maximum .

Edited by balo

Yesterday , everything changed here .

I always check the speed to the UK server , it's been terrible for the last 3 weeks. between 50 and 200 kb/s .

Well, yesterday suddenly the speed came back to 2- 3 Mb/s testing to Europe and the US. .

I can now watch any TV stream without much problems , and surprisingly right now during prime time in Thailand , the speed is still good 2.3 mb/s . Good news indeed , enjoy it while you can.

Similar story to Balo. I try to access my daughters server nearly every day.

This afternoon here in Patts I have been able to watch a show streamed from her server in QLD, Australia uninterrupted for the first time in about 2 months!

Big improvement so I wonder what has been restored as I used to get this sort of performance but not for about 2 months.

Good news for the time being clap2.gif