Phuket International Schools

voytek

There's only the two on Phuket - QSI and the British International college (ex Dulwitch). Both are expensive. The QSI always seems to be going through some crisis or another.

Consider the Darasamut just outside phuket town near Central Festival for a cheaper option. A very good school with a good reputation.

Are there any other recomendable elementary international schools in Phuket apart from Dulwitch /to pricy/.

Welcome your comments and suggestions.

Thank you for your help

Hi

My name is Alan Siporin, director of QSI International School of Phuket. It is true that an education at a private international school can be pricey, but to many is worth the investment. We are a small (about 100 students from 3 years old-high school) American style school. We follow an American curriculum and offer instruction in English.

If you are still interested in our school, I would encourage you to visit. You can set up an appointment by calling 076 354 076 or just stop by any day. The school is in the central part of the island, fairly close to Tesco/Lotus, but removed from the congestion of the main roads.

Hope to hear from you

Regards

Alan

Dear Mr. Siporin,

Thank you for your response. I have tried to get more info on your school via internet but available data is rather limited.

Currently I am residing in Europe. Planning to relocate to Phuket next year but will visit briefly in Dec'06. Certainly I will contact you in order to setup an appointment.

In the meantime I would appreciate if you could provide me with more detailed information such as curriculum description, enrolment procedures and tuition fees. Can QSI assist me in obtaining education visas for my childre?

Appreciate all the info. My email - [email protected]

Kind regards,

Voytek

Hi

My name is Alan Siporin, director of QSI International School of Phuket. It is true that an education at a private international school can be pricey, but to many is worth the investment. We are a small (about 100 students from 3 years old-high school) American style school. We follow an American curriculum and offer instruction in English.

If you are still interested in our school, I would encourage you to visit. You can set up an appointment by calling 076 354 076 or just stop by any day. The school is in the central part of the island, fairly close to Tesco/Lotus, but removed from the congestion of the main roads.

Hope to hear from you

Regards

Alan

There are more than 2 international schools in Phuket.

You have also Montessori school at rawai

www.montessori-thailand.com

And Horizons / greenhouse ( english-american school all teachers are native english speaking)) located in front of phuket marina

My daughter is here and i am very pleased with that school

ww.horizons-phuket.com

and

www.greenhouse-phuket.com

I won't repeat what others are saying regarding the list of schools.

I tutor some Dulwitch and QSI as well as Montessori students. By far, reviewing their homework, school to home communication, they all loose.

With Dulwich you pay for the name, though they are just as expensive as they ever have, even after loosing the Dulwich franchise.

I have not heard anything negative re QSI, but at 3000 USD per term, it is pricey and I am constantly correcting their teachers with the homework. They fail to teach grammar and caligraphy and spelling errors while communicating home is simply ridiculous.

Montessori schools are a bit strange, as students have a run of the school and they are very tough to tutor, as they are used to choosing what they want to do, whereas I am somewhat firm with what I want to teach that day (after reviewing their homework, classes or upcoming tests).

Out of the 3 (Dul, Mon and QSI) I would give QSI a try. But if you are European, then it may not be for you, as it is an American curriculum, not a Baccalaureate (sp) system.

Another user mentioned Darasamut. Excellent choice. I tutored a student there for her IELTS exams in the UK and she got a 6.0 band, enough to get in the university. So in hindsight, they prepared her well enough to understand my teachings. She needed help but she was able to do it!

And they teach Chinese. Costs about 30k per term if falang, or 10k if Thai born.

Good luck,

And Horizons / greenhouse ( english-american school all teachers are native english speaking)) located in front of phuket marina

ww.horizons-phuket.com

and

ww.horizons-phuket.com

and

Thank you for the info concerning Greenhouse. 2 questions - have they expanded their elementary/secondary school program, and what are their fees/tuition?

Grateful for your answer.

I won't repeat what others are saying regarding the list of schools.

I tutor some Dulwitch and QSI as well as Montessori students. By far, reviewing their homework, school to home communication, they all loose.

With Dulwich you pay for the name, though they are just as expensive as they ever have, even after loosing the Dulwich franchise.

I have not heard anything negative re QSI, but at 3000 USD per term, it is pricey and I am constantly correcting their teachers with the homework. They fail to teach grammar and caligraphy and spelling errors while communicating home is simply ridiculous.

Montessori schools are a bit strange, as students have a run of the school and they are very tough to tutor, as they are used to choosing what they want to do, whereas I am somewhat firm with what I want to teach that day (after reviewing their homework, classes or upcoming tests).

Out of the 3 (Dul, Mon and QSI) I would give QSI a try. But if you are European, then it may not be for you, as it is an American curriculum, not a Baccalaureate (sp) system.

Another user mentioned Darasamut. Excellent choice. I tutored a student there for her IELTS exams in the UK and she got a 6.0 band, enough to get in the university. So in hindsight, they prepared her well enough to understand my teachings. She needed help but she was able to do it!

And they teach Chinese. Costs about 30k per term if falang, or 10k if Thai born.

Good luck,

Great insights. Re Darasamut - 30k - I assume we are talking BHT and 3 terms per year.

If anyone has got kids attending Darasamut I would greatly appreciate their oppinion.