Crackdown On Anti-Thaksin Movement

george

I would assume that Dr PolLt Col Thaksin does not actually want an emergency decree ... he <imho> wants a situation where he can order the pre-emptive ban on PADrallies and trouncethe opposition if their rallies turn "anti-Thaksin" in the run up to the elections!

Official campaign season JUST started

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So now we're having the Deputy Prime Minister and the Interior Minister both saying.... put an end to democracy.

GEORGE BUSH HAS BEEN DOING THAT IN THE USA FOR THE LAST 6 YEARS

AND IS GETTING AWAY WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY NOT HERE? DO YOU THINK ANYONE WOULD STOP IT????

Thank you for your

:o post, but

I might suggest you try the "Crackdown on Anti-Bush Movement" thread available on www.americanvisa.com/forum

:D

....strictly enforce the law when dealing with demonstrations...

Any form of demonstration within the law should not be a problem. And as long as they do that, as they did sofar they will gain the respect of people. The ones that ignore the law and start hitting people and arresting will loose more and more respect.

Any form of demonstration within the law should not be a problem If you really think this to be true you should pinch yourself and come back from noddy land.

This man ( the caretaker head waiter) ranks with the worst of the despots who in past years wrecked carnage upon the Thai people.

He is (and has only ever been) interested in his self " hen ga tua"

Many will die before Thailand is rid of him for good.

Well I see the problems are not going away since I have been away.

I have been in the UK for just over a year doing what I have to do and have kept up with all the negatives this forum dishes out. Oh I do get surprised sometimes when I read a positive.

Anyway I thought Mr Taksin was actually removed from the high office!!!!!!

Ah well what do I know about politics?????

So is there anybody in this forum who has positive statements as I am returning to the land of smiles in September to take up my old job in Chiangmai. (Not allowed to say who the company is sorry) as I will get a rollicking from the moderator.

Thanks in advance

Being you think that we are just so negative and maybe childlike, and you can't say it, why don't you just spell it ?????

:o:D:D

The thought occurred to me today that the ant-Thaksin movement is pro someone else. So essentially this applies to everyone who is running for office from other parties. I don’t know about your thoughts but that would seem to violate campaign rules.

The words “strictly enforce the law” have been carefully chosen to make it look other that what it is intended to be.

That fact that it is a now published attempt by the TRT to unfairly squelch it’s opponents may itself be grounds to dissolve the TRT with a completely different charge. I am not sure but I think the hiring of thugs can be added to that charge too. It sets up a precedent that the TRT will start the violence and try to blame it on the other side. It is already clearly part of their campaign strategy to cause violent confrontations. Bring lots of cameras!

This is another one of Thaksin’s downfalls, he is not even attempting to hide his dirty work now, it is clearly out in the open. He seems to have taken this approach when he felt threatened earlier this year. I don’t recall this blatant overtness by Thaksin prior to the April elections.

When Thaksin mandates, "instructions were given to police to strictly enforce the law when dealing with demonstrations..." he means 'enforce the law as he wants it twisted.' He still has a lot of cards to play.

The sorry-assed scapegoat who got grabbed for driving a car around Thaksin's block with non-functional 'bomb' will get let off with a wrist slap - and oddly turn up later with a new house - clandestinely paid for with TRT money.

When it gets too hot in the kitchen, Thaksin and the Thaksinettes (and other marionettes) will get their billionaire buns to London. Disgraced despots usually sneak off to Florida, but that 'Land of the Hanging Chads' will revert back to a swamp in 50 years.

I think what we will see next is a start up of the rallies and something I havn't seen mentioned yet although i think it's almost certain to happen.

I think Thaksin will have thugs pretend to be PAD and they will start the violence. It's quite obvious at present that any violence will have to be started by pro Thaksin supporters, they can't get PAD to be violent, so thats why they became violent the other day, it back fired big time as anti thaksin protesters still refused to fight.

The next step is to infiltrate PAD with pro thaksin supporters and have them start the next wave of violence.

I wonder how long it will take before we have the emergency decree in place?

The emergency decree and the banning of ANTI Toxsin / TRT protestors was always the obvious agenda of the non bomb threat along with distracting media away from the obvious REAL news stories.

I fear a bloody repeat of the early 90,s is about to unfold if Thai society isn,t careful .

Let us all hope it doesn,t happen, no matter what your views are on democracy and the constitution.

marshbags :o:D:D

Is the really Thailand??

More like China, or North Korea........ :o:D

It will become like China, if toxic remains in power, or at least like Singapore! Sooner he takes himself and his bag of money and leaves the better. Either that or he might go the way of Chauchescu!

The army has run Thailand for ages and police were living off the leftovers. Then, in 1992, khaki guys screwed up and were forced to step down and let civilians take over. That left the gap for the police to fill.

With one of their own at the helm police started asserting themselves. The bomb scare is just the latest opportunity for them to come out as nation saviours.

On the other hand, ISOC isn't exactly the army, it's an agency under supervision of the PM's office, not defence ministry. Sacking Panlop probably had other implications, like taking control over thousands of ISOC volunteers and informants. Could come useful in crackdowns on demonstrations, better than Forestry Dept. volunteers. Incindentally, the Forestry dept has just been told to surrender their weapons - the army said that their guns are much needed in the south now.

Turf battles in preparation for show of force.

In the same article the police were quoted about the bomb plot

1 The bomb was built by a few experts in Thailand

2 it was not switched on

3 it had a blast radious of 1 km

4 the remote trigger was only good for 300 meters.

5 reporters and the public were kept only 400 meters or less away

6 when the bomb was examined on site,

the public was NOT moved farther away quickly or slowly...

So... the guy driving the car

AND the guy hitting the remote

would both have been blown up

at the avaialble distance of the trigger.

But 1st the driver would have had to set the switch...

Never are we told WHERE this switch was

In the trunk maybe? So he would have to get out...

not too stealthy that scenario.

What expert would have :

Used a remote good for only 30% of the distance of blast radious...

Not have arming and triggering possible from the drivers seat

Not have a true fanatic doing the driving, ready to die.

Which would suggest the southern muslems, not PAD or Democrats

No expert that I can imagine.

The police were blythly either :

ignorant of how bombs are made and work

or

knew it was unarmed and not likely to go off.

So having major press reporting was safe,

and of more value than the risk to the public.

It all stinks!

All verbal protestors have been non-violent in the

best Ghandi tradition.

Pro Thaksin people have been clearly violent

all year long, and totally intolerant of other opinions.

Manufactured covert violence from pro T forces

is certainly logical at this point.

Most sadly.

Motus operandi : Hold on to power at any cost,

because otherwise, intense rectal microscopy will be happening

to all business and political functions, and not by friends,

and no greasing the probe either....

I am sure large segments of TRT are quite disturbed by this,

getting painted by the same brush,

but see hanging on, for the moment, as the only viable way to

continue a career. Knowing if Thaksin is out, they are out in the cold

sooner or later.

Except if he can stop the courts, especially the TV perjury trial,

put off the election, silence dissent including news reporting,

and

maintain complete control of security functions.

It seems the run up to that is starting.

His class 10 army cronies, may back him, and his former police cronies too,

But they are not a majority, and don't have unabridged power.

There are too many others not aligned with him, that do NOT,

want a return to the old days; EVER.

I think he is burning bridges fast an furious, and digging his own hole.

It is amazing he can say that he is the only person doing any work,

all his cabinet and bureaucrats are "just helpers".

But sadly again it seems violence will be in the cards.

I love Thailand, the Thai people and The King and Queen

I only want what's best for all of them, nothing more nothing less.

Well maybe adding increased, or at least undiminished respect

for farangs who feel the same. There are so many.

But as purely an observer, with no axe to grind, and only the best intentions,

it is hard not to see things going in the hopper for a time here.

Jesus wept, and Budha too.

Fortunately you can be 100% pro Thailand,

and not be "labled" Anti-Thaksin... I hope.

a fake bomb plot? Hmm he must have learned a lot from the Americans in that case. But what is less fake is a compatriot with crocodile tears (Sondhi) who complains on Chinese TV that demcocracy is a farce in Thailand? Interesting especially the venue.

Do you mean to say that Chinese allow more media freedom than Thailand? The only reason for Sondhi to stay "on air" legally in this country is that he doesn't broadcast anything himself - he just uploads his programs to Hong Kong over the Internet and then they are broadcasted via Chinese satellite.

Another joker, Chamlong with a lot of blood on his hands dating back from the time that he was an army general.

Could you specify?

A rapist and political convict (sanan) who is above the parties,

Rapist? Above the parties?

an ex friend who admitted that he bought the senate more than once (Sanoh),

Whose friend? Yours?

a boy who got screwd by the rapist and still went along with the boycott, Abhisit, and we have the entire circus complete.

??????????

At least now you know which side you are supporting! Oops and I forgot of course the man who benefitted most from that other crooked telecom company TAC (Mr, Suthep) who could have mlectured Thaksin about how to steal! Welcome to politics, and not only in thailand.

Welcome to the board. It looks like you are taking on late Colpyat's role. Or maybe you can fast forward, call us all dimwits not worth having an intellegent and civil discussion with, and resign.

And talking about intellegence and civility - you need to brush up on those skills if you want to be taken seriously.

Personally I have no problem with the Royal Thai Police enforcing the law as it stands. Of course they will enforce the law without exception. Arresting people no matter what side of the argument they support. This will certainly enhance the image of the boys in brown.

What we all fear, however, is repeats of the selective action taken in the past. We can only hope that somewhere in that organisation is someone with the balls to carry out duties on behalf of the people and not just do the bidding of this corrupt and internationally embarrassing government.

Remember that you are called the ROYAL Thai Police. Please honour that title and do the right thing.

its amazing how a couple of inaccurate articles appearing in known anti-thaksin papers can get so many forum members worked up in such a tizzy.

and people wonder why more professional media don't cover the incident. GWB is involved? OMFG its an international scandal!

with the election results a practical certainty, why would the incumbant party leader want to cause any trouble and risk alienating his electorate? he has even had to cut down on his public appearances in this politically crucial time.

just goes to show that when you hate someone, you will twist logic and bend over backwards to justify his evil. the most simple explaination is most often also the most truthful.

Edited by thedude

Before I left work on Friday, I got a call and was asked to take all my important documents and personal items home with me. I did without question. :D

My family and most friends don't care much about politics as it hasn't given them much reason to care, but the bamboo telegraph is telling them there are signs with caution written all over them. :D Be prepared!

Looks like a storm to me! :D

:o

a fake bomb plot? Hmm he must have learned a lot from the Americans in that case. But what is less fake is a compatriot with crocodile tears (Sondhi) who complains on Chinese TV that demcocracy is a farce in Thailand? Interesting especially the venue.

Do you mean to say that Chinese allow more media freedom than Thailand? The only reason for Sondhi to stay "on air" legally in this country is that he doesn't broadcast anything himself - he just uploads his programs to Hong Kong over the Internet and then they are broadcasted via Chinese satellite.

Another joker, Chamlong with a lot of blood on his hands dating back from the time that he was an army general.

Could you specify?

A rapist and political convict (sanan) who is above the parties,

Rapist? Above the parties?

an ex friend who admitted that he bought the senate more than once (Sanoh),

Whose friend? Yours?

a boy who got screwd by the rapist and still went along with the boycott, Abhisit, and we have the entire circus complete.

??????????

At least now you know which side you are supporting! Oops and I forgot of course the man who benefitted most from that other crooked telecom company TAC (Mr, Suthep) who could have mlectured Thaksin about how to steal! Welcome to politics, and not only in thailand.

Welcome to the board. It looks like you are taking on late Colpyat's role. Or maybe you can fast forward, call us all dimwits not worth having an intellegent and civil discussion with, and resign.

And talking about intellegence and civility - you need to brush up on those skills if you want to be taken seriously.

ROFLMAO!!! :o

I'll just wait for his claims of expertise in ALL fields and his firm desire to only conduct "serious scientific research" on an internet forum.

:D

btw, Welcome Back to Colpyat Incognito's resurrection. post-9005-1156744176.gif

Before I left work on Friday, I got a call and was asked to take all my important documents and personal items home with me. I did without question. :D

My family and most friends don't care much about politics as it hasn't given them much reason to care, but the bamboo telegraph is telling them there are signs with caution written all over them. :D Be prepared!

Looks like a storm to me! :D

:o

I think you are right. The writing is on the wall, all over the wall actually. Maybe nothing will come of it in the end, but then again, no one should be surprised if something did - a coup is in the air.

Meanwhile, the general population is brainwashed by TV into thinking there is something behind the bomb. From humble beginnings - a story that made absolutely no sense with a car running around the house several times and a small amount of explosives - the story is being straightened out with each new "police finding" - more explosives, half-assembled, and definitely extremely dangerous. Pretty soon there will have been poison gas and a small nuclear weapon in this car which was approaching toxin's house at high speed and stopped only by a number of fortunate coincidences and the heroics of the Thai police...

I am not a negative person but I see what I see. The positive twist on this is that the outcome of all the plotting is unclear and cannot be planned and/or foreseen by anyone. And Thaksin's credibility is definitely down the drain now.

I cannot help but think that a person who constantly causes trouble - whether it's his own fault or not - will not be accepted by Thai society. He/she will lose face and be disgraced. I think that will make it impossible for Thaksin to win. However, some of his enemies look to be even worse - a choice between the Thief and the Assassin...

and people wonder why more professional media don't cover the incident. GWB is involved? OMFG its an international scandal!

Because nobody in the international media cares about Thailand. Its considered a joke place which is only good for nightlife stories.

Certainly not an 'international scandal', just another of your little domestic storms in a teacup.

just goes to show that when you hate someone, you will twist logic and bend over backwards to justify his evil.

So why do you hate us so much?

see what i mean about twisting things?

i don't hate you plus, i just feel sorry to see so much naivety.

Here we Go! ...

a faked bomb plot ... to prevent public demonstrations during the lead up to the next elections!

Sadly this is going to result in blood shed, before this virulent cancerous pest it removed from office. I hope that he is eventually jailed for his crimes against the Thai people!

I second that, but hope its not gonne be a bloodshed like we had about 10 years ago on ratchadamnern (?)

Thedude, I don't think you really hate me or anyone else in these parts of thaivisa but you surely can "twist logic and bend over backwards to justify his evil" and call everyone else "worked up in such a tizzy".

When I read your earlier post I thought of replying to you in detail but you didn't include any details yourself to reply to. Talking about twisting logic and facts!

"Couple of inaccurate articles" - what is there to reply to? And if you read those articles, you'd have seen plenty of reasons for Thaksin to pull a fake assassination attempt. Assassination attempt would elicit sympathy and paint his opponents in a bad light. I think he didn't go for a "botched fake assassination attempt" - as it turned out to be a PR disaster.

If you want to say that you believe the official line about the bomb, why don't you answer numerous questions that have been asked instead.

I think what we will see next is a start up of the rallies and something I havn't seen mentioned yet although i think it's almost certain to happen.

I think Thaksin will have thugs pretend to be PAD and they will start the violence. It's quite obvious at present that any violence will have to be started by pro Thaksin supporters, they can't get PAD to be violent, so thats why they became violent the other day, it back fired big time as anti thaksin protesters still refused to fight.

The next step is to infiltrate PAD with pro thaksin supporters and have them start the next wave of violence.

==================================================================

That's precisely how Hitler 'created' his troops having an excuse to march into Poland; a number of German soldiers dressed-up as Polish soldiers and started firing at German troops . . . . . . this gave Adolf the excuse he neede to legitimatelly storm into this poor country . . . .

Hmmmm, so Thaksin does read history nooks too, hey ?

Brace yourself for what's coming next: it'l be as ugly as it will be transparant ! ! !

"Car-Bombing attempt" ? ? ?: my foot ! ! ! !

Kongsak threatens to take action against PAD for election law violations

Caretaker Interior Minister Kongsak Wantana Monday threatened to take legal action against the People's Alliance for Democracy if it holds demonstrations against the prime minister.

Kongsak said such rallies would be deemed as violations to Article 44 of the MPs and Senators Election Act.

He said the article prohibited anyone from carrying out actions, which affect credibility of any person or political party during the run-up to an election.

"The election decrees takes effect from August 24 to October 15 so everyone must stop [attacking others] now. If they don't stop, they will be regarded as breaking the law. Officials who encounter the law breaking must make arrests or else they will be deemed as carrying nonfeasance," Kongsak said.

The Nation