Renewing family's visas

That time of year to extend the visas.

I am on a Non-B with work permit.

Wife is on Non-O, she is a foreigner (we have a Thai marriage certificate from about 10 years ago)

Daughter is young and on a Ed visa.

Have been back for just over a year and about to renew our visas for the first time (on this "tour" of LoS).

My place of employment has indicated that I need all the stuff that Non-O candidates (ie. my friends married to Thai ladies) need, like pictures of the house and family, owner's house book, owner's ID card, rental contract etc. (I don't mind obviously, but don't want mission for no reason)

I have never had to submit this stuff before. Does that sound correct? All the HR people are new and I am not sure.....

No extension of stay is based upon a visa. Yours apparently is based upon working.

For your wife's extension of stay as your dependent you will not need photos other than one for the TM7 application form. Normally all that is needed is your marriage certificate and copies of passport photo page and extension of stay stamp. Some offices will want a letter from employer stating you are still working for them.

No extension of stay is based upon a visa. Yours apparently is based upon working.

For your wife's extension of stay as your dependent you will not need photos other than one for the TM7 application form. Normally all that is needed is your marriage certificate and copies of passport photo page and extension of stay stamp. Some offices will want a letter from employer stating you are still working for them.

Yes, I got a Non-B and an extension of stay through employment.

This is my argument to my employer, however they are insisting and now I have to get my marriage certificate letter from the District office "made new" - my wife and I are also married in Thailand (10 years ago).

Probably will do all this PT and when I get to immigration I will get it all thrown back at me. Oh well....

Your boss is confusing an extension based upon marriage to a Thai with a dependent extension of stay. He is thinking of the requirement to get a updated Kor Ror 2 marriage registry needed for those. I don't think those exist when 2 foreigners are married here.

If the amphur does not issue updated KR2 for marriages among foreigners, the OP he can get a note in Thai from the amphur stating so, and bring it to the employer.

Edited by paz
  • Like 1

Just as a report back;

Went to the district office to ask for updated letter.....no problem.....did not even bat an eyelid.....5 minutes.....20 baht.......still gobsmacked......

Know I probably don't need it, but still nice to be surprised sometimes.