Best places to buy men's cloths in Patttaya and why?

infinity11

I am looking for light weight comfortable in the heat but smart clean not too casual looking well made that won't fall apart quickly or easily and hopefully the seller takes master card.

Any and all recommendations in pattaya especially central festival or the pattaya central area.
Note i purchased cloths at jim thompson only to be disappointed.

Maybe i should i just go to big c and see what they have? Cheap there at least?
Maybe more later, and thanks in advance.

Camel ... the old Central Festival (with the Big C inside) on 2nd road.

Gallop (or is it Gallup) in outlet mall near Tesco Thappraya road.

Arrow, 2nd (or 3rd) floor Mike's shopping mall + in Central department store.

I shop for clothes in the U.S. Much better value.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

... and quality!

Probably made in China or the Philippines either way.

Camel Active at the Outlet Mall or Central is as good quality as you'll get for that price range of clothing in the US ... although some people may find it difficult to find clothing here in their "special" sizes.

Edited by Suradit69

I shop for clothes in the U.S. Much better value.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

... and quality!

Probably made in China or the Philippines either way.

Camel Active at the Outlet Mall or Central is as good quality as you'll get for that price range of clothing in the US ... although some people may find it difficult to find clothing here in their "special" sizes.

Most clothes are made in Asia and Africa now. But, there's varying degrees of quality. What I've found in the US is...for the price...a much better quality and a much better selection. Here, we're really stuck with few choices for inexpensive and quality clothing. That goes for most consumer goods here...unfortunately.

I've got quite a few pieces from Camel Active and I do like them. Good stuff!

• Like 2

Thank you all.

So there is a camel active at central festival pattaya beach?

What floor please?

Right now i need LIGHT WEIGHT slacks in farang size.

Keep the leads coming!

And pants and shirts that will NOT PILL. (balls of fabric after a few wash and wears)

I found great deals (around 100 baht) at the tues and fri market (inside) but light weight in farang size not so easy and mostly second hand.

Edited by infinity11

As Craigh said: EXPORT-shops in the major shopping-malls; you could look for "XL" as well.

Apart from them, there is plenty on sale at Central Pattaya Beach....at a price, but since you have bought clothes at Jim Tompson, money is no issue......I guess.

• Like 1

A lot of the stuff at the "export" shops in Thailand are DEFECTIVE, often outrageously so. The labels are often ripped out as the brand wants nothing to do with them and the printed sizes are often wildly wrong. Sometimes the defects are comically bad and you admire the cheekiness of trying to sell them as the prices are not exactly giveaways.

Inspect all items carefully. No refunds. You've been warned.

• Like 1

Thank you all.

What floor please?

Keep the leads coming!

And pants and shirts that will NOT PILL. (balls of fabric after a few wash and wears)

I found great deals (around 100 baht) at the tues and fri market (inside) but light weight in farang size not so easy and mostly second hand.

I had a lightweight pair of trousers made by Mr Tic on Second Rd in 2003. I've worn and washed them dozens - if not hundreds of times - after playing golf. They are as fresh today as the day they were made.

I would certainly recommend having them made by one of the reputable tailors. You canchoose the material that way. I've never been able to buy lightweight trousers in the stores here to measure up to these.

• Like 1

That's probably a great way to go. I shopped at Central Department store and the selection was pretty poor. Each area is run by a different vendor. They just rent out the space. Finding a full selection of sizes is impossible. It's real hit and miss...and not cheap.

• Like 1

I work in Thailand so cannot daily wear my casual beach clothes of shorts and a T-shirt. Luckily I do not have to wear a tie to work, but "smart casual" with long sleeve shirt and long pants. I have no problem finding shirts with collars & long sleeve in Pattaya or BKK. If I buy a size M shirt at a brand name store, I wait for a sale-- but it still doesn't mean it is a good deal just because the item has a 30% discount tag on it (sometimes the store puts a new "original sticker price on it" then acts like they are giving you a 30% discount) I can find some decent shirts at one of those "export" shops but as one member suggested, wear the shirt or pants to see the button holes match up with the sewn buttons or the zipper works on the pair of pants. Not all the clothes at the export shops have defective merchandize but it may be from over production or the company would not accept the quality of workmanship. I have bought "copies" of brand name button down shirts and no brand name shirts at night markets such as along Pattaya's promenade or along Silom Rd in BKK and most of the shirts were still decent to wear after one - two years. I have problems finding decent quality long pants at a reasonable price in Thailand. There is not that much of a selection from night markets and the export shops have limited style (cargo shorts and pants are out of style now; yet they still sell them). You can look around at Big C or Tesco but it depends on your waist size (mine is 32). I had a pair of slack made once at a so called Indian tailor shop but the price was comparable to buying something a Central and I do not care to business with Indian tailors in Pattay or BKK since they are not the "tailors" but give the work to some sweat shop ( a couple in the Sunee area) that hire underage or young men from rural Isaan or Burma to do the cutting and sewing for the Indian salesman. Over priced and the Indian owners are not going to get the best quality of material (which is from Korea or Japan). Most of my pants end up being purchase when there is a sale at the shopping center. Not the best deal of the day, but I know the pants will not fall apart and fit me correctly....

I work in Thailand so cannot daily wear my casual beach clothes of shorts and a T-shirt. Luckily I do not have to wear a tie to work, but "smart casual" with long sleeve shirt and long pants. I have no problem finding shirts with collars & long sleeve in Pattaya or BKK. If I buy a size M shirt at a brand name store, I wait for a sale-- but it still doesn't mean it is a good deal just because the item has a 30% discount tag on it (sometimes the store puts a new "original sticker price on it" then acts like they are giving you a 30% discount) I can find some decent shirts at one of those "export" shops but as one member suggested, wear the shirt or pants to see the button holes match up with the sewn buttons or the zipper works on the pair of pants. Not all the clothes at the export shops have defective merchandize but it may be from over production or the company would not accept the quality of workmanship. I have bought "copies" of brand name button down shirts and no brand name shirts at night markets such as along Pattaya's promenade or along Silom Rd in BKK and most of the shirts were still decent to wear after one - two years. I have problems finding decent quality long pants at a reasonable price in Thailand. There is not that much of a selection from night markets and the export shops have limited style (cargo shorts and pants are out of style now; yet they still sell them). You can look around at Big C or Tesco but it depends on your waist size (mine is 32). I had a pair of slack made once at a so called Indian tailor shop but the price was comparable to buying something a Central and I do not care to business with Indian tailors in Pattay or BKK since they are not the "tailors" but give the work to some sweat shop ( a couple in the Sunee area) that hire underage or young men from rural Isaan or Burma to do the cutting and sewing for the Indian salesman. Over priced and the Indian owners are not going to get the best quality of material (which is from Korea or Japan). Most of my pants end up being purchase when there is a sale at the shopping center. Not the best deal of the day, but I know the pants will not fall apart and fit me correctly....

For decent pants your choice may be limited to Arrows ... Mike Shopping Mall has one with nice sales staff, Central has one and there you may have some benefits from The One Card... Not too overpriced either this Arrows stuff.

• Like 1

Thank you all.

What floor please?

Keep the leads coming!

I had a lightweight pair of trousers made by Mr Tic on Second Rd in 2003. I've worn and washed them dozens - if not hundreds of times - after playing golf. They are as fresh today as the day they were made.

I would certainly recommend having them made by one of the reputable tailors. You canchoose the material that way. I've never been able to buy lightweight trousers in the stores here to measure up to these.

Cost? Do they take master card?

thanks