I forgot what it's like to be with farang women!

I don't have a Thai partner.

Is Partner not a term reserved for a gay's significant other. That would explain some of bikey's comments.

No. It is used by many people.

I would use wife or girlfriend, never partner.

Partner always seemed (to me) to indicate a gay relationship or someone that was somehow unworthy of marriage.

Partner is more appropriate for these modern times.It is not a given that people who are in a relationship will be married (like in the past) even if they are living together with kids etc. It can be used for married/unmarried gay or straight. I actually prefer it as it removes any of those awkward moments one can encounter from time to time.

OB

I haven't forgot, the last time I went with a farang women, it was back in the uk on a drunken night out with my mates. I can't remember much about the night out but remember waking up in the morning with a smile on my face thinking I'd pulled a stunner, turned over, looked at the beast, turned back and slept till she left. That was about 8 years ago now and I doubt I'll do it again.

Sorry, I forgot that everyone here met their Thai partners at hiso events.

Where did you meet yours?

I met my English wife in a bar!

Yeah but was she working there? Could you barfine her?

What a nonsensical question,it seems cypress is obsessed with money,stipends and all the rest,why is that i wonder,possibly because he has none?

Still trying to dig and failing miserably

I was trying to show that the circumstances under which he met his English wife would have been completely different from those under which many men here meet their Thai wives.

As for my finances, they're none of your business but I live very well, thanks.

Have a nice evening

personnaly I am very attracted by Thai women but I know there are subjects I can discuss only with farangs, because Thai are not interested in them

I fully agree with this. I met a Thai woman in Mueang Phetchaburi which I thought to be quite normal and lovely

Alas, shortly later, I figured out that most questions were met by "I don't know", "up to you" or just plain no answer. (which I eventually found quite annoying)

It quickly became quite boring..

now, I expect that most people would be thinking "well, language barrier".. not this one, her English was quite fine but she lacked interest in talking about anything, had no opinions on anything when asked and had nothing to talk about ever.

when I came back home for work for 4 months she kept asking me "what are you doing?" and "did you eat yet?" every single day even tho I had told her I work every day and mostly stay home in cold Canadian winter

I have read I think on this page something that was saying that the education system was a cause for this, because it relies more on rote learning and they are never quite thought critical thinking, to discuss or question anything

I have met Thai ladies with next to zero English skills that made 20x more efforts to try to talk to me.

Edited by kekalot
  • Like 2

personnaly I am very attracted by Thai women but I know there are subjects I can discuss only with farangs, because Thai are not interested in them

I fully agree with this. I met a Thai woman in Mueang Phetchaburi which I thought to be quite normal and lovely

Alas, shortly later, I figured out that most questions were met by "I don't know", "up to you" or just plain no answer. (which I eventually found quite annoying)

It quickly became quite boring..

now, I expect that most people would be thinking "well, language barrier".. not this one, her English was quite fine but she lacked interest in talking about anything, had no opinions on anything when asked and had nothing to talk about ever.

when I came back home for work for 4 months she kept asking me "what are you doing?" and "did you eat yet?" every single day even tho I had told her I work every day and mostly stay home in cold Canadian winter

I have read I think on this page something that was saying that the education system was a cause for this, because it relies more on rote learning and they are never quite thought critical thinking, to discuss or question anything

I have met Thai ladies with next to zero English skills that made 20x more efforts to try to talk to me.

Why should a Thai be interested in your cultural norms?

Thailand is a rural agricultural country, most Thais were born and raised in rural areas, and Thais generally talk about subjects appropriate to that economy and environment.

Most western conversation is pointless, want to talk about politics? Why? you don't have any say in who gets elected.

Ad infinitum ........

Edited by MaeJoMTB
  • Like 1

Thailand is a rural agricultural country, most Thais were born and raised in rural areas, and Thais generally talk about subjects appropriate to that economy and environment.

Most western conversation is pointless, want to talk about politics? Why? you don't have any say in who gets elected.

Ad infinitum ........

There's nothing to argue about here, I was agreeing with him and included my story about one particular lady.

I do think it's rather global that if you have no opinion on anything and nothing to talk about, no hobbies, etc.. People will attempt to initiate conversation a few times and then give up.

I have met plenty of other well educated and some not so educated Thai women that had plenty to say about hundreds of topics

and I have 0% interest in politics there or anywhere in the world.

• Like 1

Ad infinitum ........

There's nothing to argue about here, I was agreeing with him and included my story about one particular lady.

I do think it's rather global that if you have no opinion on anything and nothing to talk about, no hobbies, etc.. People will attempt to initiate conversation a few times and then give up.

I have met plenty of other well educated and some not so educated Thai women that had plenty to say about hundreds of topics

and I have 0% interest in politics there or anywhere in the world.

I've not found any women EVER that I was interested in conversing with.

I've found very few men worth speaking with, let's face it, expats in Thailand aren't generally the most interesting people in the world.

But I have plenty of pals who I like to run and mountain bike in the jungle with, no need for them to talk, they just need to keep up.

Would happily do it alone, but there is always the change of meeting a snake, hitting a tree, etc.

So it's good to have someone to raise the alarm (and vice versa).

Conversation is vastly overrated.

You've never met a woman you wanted to talk to?

Wow. I generally find women more interesting to talk to than men.

The brighter you are, the more difficult it becomes to converse with those lesser beings.

You should have no problems talking with anyone.

(I suspect you couldn't keep up either)

Edited by MaeJoMTB

The brighter you are, the more difficult it becomes to converse with those lesser beings.

Ignoring your latest childish insult - do you really see women as 'lesser beings?'

Ignoring your latest childish insult - do you really see women as 'lesser beings?'

I see almost everyone as lesser beings.

(no sexism from me)

Hard to talk about 'farang women', considering it emcompasses both anglo-saxon and continental women.

I can't say there's many American women I've enjoyed talking to. But spend a day with an interesting french or italian woman... it makes you realise how poor the education system in Thailand is.