New Visa Charge Australian 309 Provisional Partner Visa

Has anyone noticed the new Visa 309 charge in THB? It used to be 97,000 but now its 138,050. Is there some sort of mistake. In AUD it used to be $4500 now its $4650. The new charge in AUD @ $5520 Just wondering what the go is. Cheers

Yep..The price went up by 40% on the 1st of January thanks to the Abbott government. Not sure of the reasoning behind it except it will keep legitimate applicants out while fostering the growth of illegal entry. IMHO.

I am in the process of applying for my wife and her daughter.

Cost - Siam Legal fee for wife - 37000 baht. Siam Legal fee for daughter - 15000 baht. Visa fee for wife - 138650 baht. Visa fee for daughter - 69800 baht. Medical check for both - 10000 baht. Police check for both - 15200 baht.

I can afford it, but I feel for the average Aussie that comes to Thailand and falls in love. I do not know of many average Aussies that have over $4000 to pay for this especially when the visa might not even be granted and you do not get your money back.

• Like 1

yes read recently about the big increase in charges for that visa, very nasty.

10000 for the medicals, expensive i think, i seem to remember my wife's was way less than that, even with having to go back to the hospital, due to recent events after the nuptials.

nothing to complain about legal fees, i like many others from aus, did it personally.

good luck with your application

• Like 2