Iriver Mp3 Players - Where Can I Buy?

mallmagician

Just a footnote. I have an IRiver MP3 player and love it. I take it everywhere with me. I wouldn't use an Ipod if I was given one. The IPOD has a hardrive...the IRiver does not...just flash memory...so it's better for jogging and can take a beating etc.

As an addendum to the footnote posted earlier, I thought both iPod and iRiver have harddrive as well as flash models? Like, the iPod mini uses flash memory. And I know from memory that iRiver players with hard drives exist.

I looked into them a year ago and found the iRiver prices not very competative compared to Europe. This may or may not have changed.

Cheers,

Chanchao

the trend is to buy a phone with mp3 playing functionality. do you guys think thats a better idea than just to get an mp3 player?/?

i think a phone should just function as a phone rather than to have it as a multitask machine.. what are your opinions??

i did have a nice mp3 player called iblue cube. so small with OLED but its busted! what would be a good value for money mp3 player to get now??? i think less than 1Gig is more than sufficient..

i think a phone should just function as a phone rather than to have it as a multitask machine.. what are your opinions??

I woud tend to agree with you Tiger but I fear the trend is the other way and that pretty soon everything will be crammed into your phone including your credit card.

In Japan apparently 40 million people have phones which act as payment vehicles. You pass the phone across a scanner and bingo you are done. They use them in shops, restaurants and even vending machines. Governments and big business are very keen on this system being introduced as they can track your money and spending habits with ever increasing accuracy. Too much like Big Brother for my liking.

> Governments and big business are very keen on this system being

> introduced as they can track your money and spending habits with ever

> increasing accuracy. Too much like Big Brother for my liking.

You suppose this is harder for them to track when using credit cards? :o

------

> the trend is to buy a phone with mp3 playing functionality. do you guys

> think thats a better idea than just to get an mp3 player?/?

Depends. Inevitably, a phone MP3 player will not be a harddrive player but will use either the phone's internal memory, or a flash memory card. (Say, 512MB, perhaps 1Gb). So that means you will have a lot of songs on there, but NOT a complete record collection like you can do with some iPods that have a 20 or 40 or 60 Gb harddrive.

> i think a phone should just function as a phone rather than

> to have it as a multitask machine.. what are your opinions??

Depends. I love reading ThaiVisa when in the middle of nowhere on a mountain somewhere and post through the browser in my phone. :D If it had decent memory then I think I'd also use it for MP3 playback.. But again it would be more limited than an actual harddrive iPod, just like the camera would be more limited than a proper digital camera..

Horses for courses and all that..

Cheers,

Chanchao

Just a footnote. I have an IRiver MP3 player and love it. I take it everywhere with me. I wouldn't use an Ipod if I was given one. The IPOD has a hardrive...the IRiver does not...just flash memory...so it's better for jogging and can take a beating etc.

I have a iRiver H10 5 Gb and Im sure it has a hard drive, awesome sound. Bought it in Singapore nearly 2 years ago.

31256866_2_120_0.bmp

Edited by Donnyboy

• 1 year later...
Hi,

I'm looking for a source of IRiver MP3 players. I specifically want an IRiver, and was wondering if anyone knew of a place that definitely has these in stock?

Many Thanks

Phil

Hi Phil,

you may try here for latest iriver products

http://www.warehouse123.com/ProductSearch....=IRI&page=3

Warehouse123 is a great store to deal with. They have always had the fastest possible shipping and the best customer service.

Hi,

I'm looking for a source of IRiver MP3 players. I specifically want an IRiver, and was wondering if anyone knew of a place that definitely has these in stock?

Many Thanks

Phil

Hi Phil,

Warehouse123 is a great store to deal with. They have always had the fastest possible shipping and the best customer service.

WC - Where are the products shipped from and have you had any issues with customs?

Cheers :o

Hi,

Many Thanks

Phil

Hi Phil,

1 and half years down the road, this thread pops up. do you think the OP still wants an iRiver? :o prices of these kind of stuff change by the day!

• 3 months later...
Hi,

Many Thanks

Phil

Hi Phil,

1 and half years down the road, this thread pops up. do you think the OP still wants an iRiver? :o prices of these kind of stuff change by the day!

That is true! Surpeise to see someone in here looking for iRver.

Anway, I think iRiver is making better mp3 players than previous couple years. :D

I'm on my second i river player a 4gb Clix, fantastic little machine, it has a flash memory.

Do you have Clix and Clix2? The LCD screen on the Clix2 is amazing.

Yes I got the Clix about a year ago and my wife wanted to grab it for music in her shop, that was my opportunity to get the Clix 2 Your right the LCD screen and the richness of the sound are great.

• 5 months later...
I'm on my second i river player a 4gb Clix, fantastic little machine, it has a flash memory.

Do you have Clix and Clix2? The LCD screen on the Clix2 is amazing.

Yes I got the Clix about a year ago and my wife wanted to grab it for music in her shop, that was my opportunity to get the Clix 2 Your right the LCD screen and the richness of the sound are great.

Clix2 is using the AMOLED LCD which look bright and clear. I believe iRiver has one of the best LCD on the market.