What to expect on Monday’s Apple Watch event

thai tech

What to expect on Monday’s Apple Watch event

Apple-Watch-Premium-702x336.jpg

By now, most people that follow technology will know that the Apple Watch is due to be announced at an event on Monday. What can we expect and will there be any surprises?

Since September, there has been a seemingly long wait for more details about the highly anticipated Apple Watch.

At this point, we know a lot about the design and features of the watch itself, but there are some key questions left that will hopefully be answered tomorrow. Thai Tech will be staying up late to watch the keynote live, so expect a full report on Tuesday morning.

Read more: http://tech.thaivisa.com/what-to-expect-apple-watch/6486/

TBH I'm not an Apple person but I was really hoping they would set the bar again by bring out an amazing smart watch. OFC hoping the competition would copy it into Android format. Where Apple lead the world into smart phones and tablets I don't see it in their watch. It looks like a cheap 80's digital watch I'm sure it will sell like hotcakes to i-peeps anyways as many Apple people just want to belong. The Moto and LG phones look so much better what a disappointment from Apple.

TBH I'm not an Apple person but I was really hoping they would set the bar again by bring out an amazing smart watch. OFC hoping the competition would copy it into Android format. Where Apple lead the world into smart phones and tablets I don't see it in their watch. It looks like a cheap 80's digital watch I'm sure it will sell like hotcakes to i-peeps anyways as many Apple people just want to belong. The Moto and LG phones look so much better what a disappointment from Apple.

I never hear the Apple owners bashing the Android stuff.

These Android people get their panties in a bunch way too easily.

• Like 2

The industry has an acronym for such people: IHGs (Irrational Apple Haters)

"I never hear the Apple owners bashing the Android stuff." Because Apple products are usually 2 years behind Android products tough to bash better phones with more features.

Seriously though I'm not bashing Apple people I own 2 i-pads (my kid's school requirement) . It is well documented the Apple people will buy the latest releases just because they are Apple products. Great marketing by Apple PR team for sure to have that kind of brand loyalty.

​Just look at the lukewarm reviews of this watch, it is no better than what is already available but people will buy it by the millions to show they have it on their wrists. No different from the i-phone which is slowly catching up to Android phones. Can any of you deny especially in Asia that people don't just buy the i-phone because its the most expensive and gives them the biggest "face" bang for the buck.

"I never hear the Apple owners bashing the Android stuff." Because Apple products are usually 2 years behind Android products tough to bash better phones with more features.

Seriously though I'm not bashing Apple people I own 2 i-pads (my kid's school requirement) . It is well documented the Apple people will buy the latest releases just because they are Apple products. Great marketing by Apple PR team for sure to have that kind of brand loyalty.

​Just look at the lukewarm reviews of this watch, it is no better than what is already available but people will buy it by the millions to show they have it on their wrists. No different from the i-phone which is slowly catching up to Android phones. Can any of you deny especially in Asia that people don't just buy the i-phone because its the most expensive and gives them the biggest "face" bang for the buck.

I have both an Android (Sony, about six months old) and an iPhone 6. I guess I don't see how my Sony is two years ahead of my iPhone 6. Am I missing something?

Can your i-phone expand memory to 128 gig? Will you be able to put the new 200 gig memory card being developed for Android in it. Can it take photos underwater? Does it have 4k video capture? Can the battery last 2 days on a charge?

One good thing about your i-phone it does have good Sony optics.

BTW I have the Z3 too great phone.

Really, you like to take underwater photos with your smartphone?

Surely Apple could make theirs waterproof but why, when maybe one out of a million want to do that.

Buy some Apple stock, then you can afford to buy the iPhone. No problem.

Whats that? You bought Samsung stock. Ooops.

Surely Apple could make theirs waterproof but why, when maybe one out of a million want to do that.

Now you're really desperate for a comeback LOL. I can afford many i-phones. Actually you are correct I would never take underwater photos however I like the piece of mind that if my phone gets wet it no biggie. My friend's wife had both their i-phones in her purse walk in the ocean to get into a boat and she slipped. Two dead i-phones LOL sh*t happens. Btw 19% of people drop their phones in the toilet 1 in 5.

What I like about Android is the choices I bought the Z3 because I take many photos and the dedicated shutter button is great. My phone needs to be locked by a 6 digit pin as per my company policy to have corporate email. Pushing and holding the shutter button unlocks the camera and I can snap away many great photos without having to unlock the phone. Plus the battery lasts forever so no need to charge it all day.

Point being Android has so many choices Apple has big and small, if Steve Jobs didn't pass away RIP. You would be stuck with the small phone and big tablet. Apple didn't even wait until his body was cold before announcing the i-pad mini even though he scoffed a Samsung for introducing the 7" Galaxy Tab. same with the i-phone that was "the perfect size" now come in the Plus.

People who use i-phones are accustomed to the iOS software which is good (except itunes which sucks IMHO) but I would bet if Apple licensed out the software i-phones would wouldn't last long.

Few of the engineers I work with use i-phones and the ones that do admit its because they are used to ios and their BOSE dock LOL.

The only negative I see with so many choices of Android phones is that there are fewer accessories compared to i-phones. If you're a girl who wants a dozen different cases to match your shoes i-phones are definitely the way to go.

Can your i-phone expand memory to 128 gig? Will you be able to put the new 200 gig memory card being developed for Android in it. Can it take photos underwater? Does it have 4k video capture? Can the battery last 2 days on a charge?

Can it take photos underwater?

No on both of my phones. Not that I need a waterproof phone and the added weight. The Z3 is thicker and heavier than the iPhone 6, but yes, you can do underwater photos down to 1.5 meters. But does the fact that your phone is waterproof make Android phones two years ahead of iPhones?

Does it have 4k video capture?

I dunno. Doesn't really matter much to me. Both my Sony and iPhone take adequate videos for my purposes. So the Z3 does higher resolution videos than the iPhone 6? Does that put android phones two years ahead of iPhones?

Can your i-phone expand memory to 128 gig?

​My iPhone already has 128GB of storage and it is way more than I need. Haven't found the need to add more memory to my Sony. Again, does the ability to add more memory put android phones two years ahead of iPhones?

Those were the key reasons why Android phones are two years ahead of iPhones? Err...ok.

What I like about Android is the choices I bought the Z3 because I take many photos and the dedicated shutter button is great. My phone needs to be locked by a 6 digit pin as per my company policy to have corporate email. Pushing and holding the shutter button unlocks the camera and I can snap away many great photos without having to unlock the phone. Plus the battery lasts forever so no need to charge it all day.

Uhm, you can set the iPhone so you can use the camera without unlocking. The volume down button snaps a pic (acts as shutter) as well as volume button on headphones.

No on both of my phones. Not that I need a waterproof phone and the added weight. The Z3 is thicker and heavier than the iPhone 6, but yes, you can do underwater photos down to 1.5 meters. But does the fact that your phone is waterproof make Android phones two years ahead of iPhones?

I dunno. Doesn't really matter much to me. Both my Sony and iPhone take adequate videos for my purposes. So the Z3 does higher resolution videos than the iPhone 6? Does that put android phones two years ahead of iPhones?

​My iPhone already has 128GB of storage and it is way more than I need. Haven't found the need to add more memory to my Sony. Again, does the ability to add more memory put android phones two years ahead of iPhones?

Those were the key reasons why Android phones are two years ahead of iPhones? Err...ok.

The Z3 should be compared to the i-phone 6 plus which is heavier @ 172 g compared 152 g for Z3. The i-phone is also 0.47 inch longer and 0.23 inch wider however has a screen that is 0.3 inch longer. The Z3 C (my wife has it) is smaller than the i-phone yet the screen size is almost the same 4.7 i-phone 4.6 Z3 C.

http://betanews.com/2014/09/11/android-smartphones-are-too-far-ahead-for-iphones-to-ever-catch-up/

The Z3 should be compared to the i-phone 6 plus which is heavier @ 172 g compared 152 g for Z3. The i-phone is also 0.47 inch longer and 0.23 inch wider however has a screen that is 0.3 inch longer. The Z3 C (my wife has it) is smaller than the i-phone yet the screen size is almost the same 4.7 i-phone 4.6 Z3 C.

http://betanews.com/2014/09/11/android-smartphones-are-too-far-ahead-for-iphones-to-ever-catch-up/

I'm glad you feel good with your purchase, but c'mon - you can't read Android biased stories like this and not sense that big, fat, elephant in the room.....

apple-watch-macbook-spring-forward-2015_

apple-watch-macbook-spring-forward-2015_

Edited by IMHO

Now you're really desperate for a comeback LOL. I can afford many i-phones. Actually you are correct I would never take underwater photos however I like the piece of mind that if my phone gets wet it no biggie. My friend's wife had both their i-phones in her purse walk in the ocean to get into a boat and she slipped. Two dead i-phones LOL sh*t happens. Btw 19% of people drop their phones in the toilet 1 in 5.

Point being Android has so many choices Apple has big and small, if Steve Jobs didn't pass away RIP. You would be stuck with the small phone and big tablet. Apple didn't even wait until his body was cold before announcing the i-pad mini even though he scoffed a Samsung for introducing the 7" Galaxy Tab. same with the i-phone that was "the perfect size" now come in the Plus.

People who use i-phones are accustomed to the iOS software which is good (except itunes which sucks IMHO) but I would bet if Apple licensed out the software i-phones would wouldn't last long.

Few of the engineers I work with use i-phones and the ones that do admit its because they are used to ios and their BOSE dock LOL.

The only negative I see with so many choices of Android phones is that there are fewer accessories compared to i-phones. If you're a girl who wants a dozen different cases to match your shoes i-phones are definitely the way to go.

Dont laugh i have 4 differant covers for my iphone 5 depends on my mood...and im a guy.

I gave my iphone 4 to my daughter's partner, recently he droped in water not sure of the details but he was sure it was finnished, checked it a few days later and PRESTO its working and still...

Why do i like my iphone? just bought the 6+ cause there so easy to use i seem to struggle if i changed brands before the smart phone days to "get to know" it, nokia, ericsson and semens the latter lasting less than 6 months my phone rarely lasted more than a year, once i got my first iphone it was just so easy to navigate and still going 5 ys later.

My daughter converted to a iphone 5 from samsung galaxy 4s, so theres been defectors, i might add one of the reasons people seem to prefer an iphone is becasue of the quality of the case, it does have a nicer feel as with most of Apples products, also Apple doesnt pollute the range with multiple models...you now have the 6 and 6+, as for the adding gigs you would be crazy to not back up your photos to start with and really i ask you whos looking at 200 gigs of photos anyway? I have a 64 gig phone about 20 gigs of playlists are on it and im yet to run out of space....but then again i back up and remove 3 or 4 times a year.

Dont laugh i have 4 differant covers for my iphone 5 depends on my mood...and im a guy.

I gave my iphone 4 to my daughter's partner, recently he droped in water not sure of the details but he was sure it was finnished, checked it a few days later and PRESTO its working and still...

Why do i like my iphone? just bought the 6+ cause there so easy to use i seem to struggle if i changed brands before the smart phone days to "get to know" it, nokia, ericsson and semens the latter lasting less than 6 months my phone rarely lasted more than a year, once i got my first iphone it was just so easy to navigate and still going 5 ys later.

My daughter converted to a iphone 5 from samsung galaxy 4s, so theres been defectors, i might add one of the reasons people seem to prefer an iphone is becasue of the quality of the case, it does have a nicer feel as with most of Apples products, also Apple doesnt pollute the range with multiple models...you now have the 6 and 6+, as for the adding gigs you would be crazy to not back up your photos to start with and really i ask you whos looking at 200 gigs of photos anyway? I have a 64 gig phone about 20 gigs of playlists are on it and im yet to run out of space....but then again i back up and remove 3 or 4 times a year.

Right, whoever thinks that the iPhone 6's 128GB of storage isn't enough, needs to get with the times a buy a 3G plan biggrin.png

As for the whole "specs on paper" debate, if that was actually the only valid way to compare phones and their ecosystems, a Ford would be a better car than a Benz, no matter how you cut it.

LOL.

As for defectors, I had an iPhone 3GS, replaced it with a Galaxy Note, replaced that with a Galaxy Note 2, replaced that with a 6+. Glad to be back on the best.

Edited by IMHO

Ahhhh i forgot...the watch...well im yet to cue up for anything, will i buy one? ummm maybe, i wear a vivofit most of the time and it does make me notice how active ive been, but having said that i have 3 dress watches plus a construction proof watch which i hardly wear these days due flicking out that iphone in nice big numbers....it tells you the time.

Tim Cook recently stated that about 15% of the iPhone 5 users have upgraded to the iPhone 6. A majority of the sales were to former Android users.

Looking at Samsung stock, I believe it.

I upgraded from the 5 to the 6+ because,

This will me my last full year of employment so mr abbot can give me a tax deduction and give me back my GST on the new phone, im self employed,

The bigger screen is perfect for my eye sight, there not like they once were,

i normaly change phones every 2 years anyway and before the smart phone days got into the habit of changeingyearly due to the nokia's etc dieing around the 12 to 15 mths of life.

The battery life of the 5 isnt to hot i find myself charging twice a day sometimes...

I think it is a generally held assumption that phones with larger displays (iPhone 6) weigh more than phones with displays that are smaller (Z3). The fact that the Z3 uses plastic sides while the iPhone 6 uses all-aluminium may have something to do with that as well.

Again, what are the key reasons why Android phones are two years ahead of iOS phones?

Tim Cook recently stated that about 15% of the iPhone 5 users have upgraded to the iPhone 6. A majority of the sales were to former Android users.

Looking at Samsung stock, I believe it.

Of course they are Android users, Android is the entry level operating system for people to get their first smartphones. Most young people and people from developing nations can't afford an iphone. However we all know how face is a significant cultural trait especially in Asia. China is the largest market for iphones, the same people who will eat the last giant salamander and see the extinction of the african elephant to showcase their status and wealth are going to buy an iphone. Europeans and American are similar in wanting to keep up with the Jones.

It doesn't matter if the phone is not as good as the competition it is an iconic symbol of America and the most expensive phone on the market. You bet that as soon as people can afford one they will buy it.

My 13 y/o step son is a classic example, he has my wife's old Galaxy S2 and loves it however he keeps asking me for an iphone. I asked him why and he replies that they are cool I told him to get a job or all A's on his final report card (no of which will happen LOL).

Marketing is everything and Apple has the budget plus expertise to keep iphones on top that makes Apple a better company but doesn't mean the iphone is a better phone..

BTW you keep harping about Samsung stock, you do know they are not the only Android phone manufactures. I still own a couple of Samsungs but my new love is the Sony.

The point I'm trying to make which you seem to support me is that one size doesn't fit all. You don't need the large memory but others do especially people who store video libraries on their phones. The phablets are great if you travel and want to keep a large collection of movies. I work all over the world and let me tell you many places have dodgy internet (like Africa where I am writing to you from atm). Having a choice of phone with different options is great. Just look at the success of the iphone plus, Apple users were begging for a larger screen. Before it was released Steve Jobs kept saying the original iphone was the perfect size yet Apple has been following Samsung ever since with large iphones and smaller tablets.

I think it is a generally held assumption that phones with larger displays (iPhone 6) weigh more than phones with displays that are smaller (Z3). The fact that the Z3 uses plastic sides while the iPhone 6 uses all-aluminium may have something to do with that as well.

Again, what are the key reasons why Android phones are two years ahead of iOS phones?

I agree with you on the size thing but you were the one writing that the Z3 is heavier than the iphone I was just pointing out you were comparing the wrong models.

Though I not willing to do the research on the web of all the features Android phone current have that iphones don't it is well documented if you do a simple search.

Let me ask you what new features in the last few models Apple has added to the iphones that Android phones didn't already have? From larger screens, NFC, finger print security I can't think of anything that has been added that Android phones didn't already have.

Let me make a prediction that in the next year or two new iphones will be water and dust proof and they will allow file transfer through their NFC plus maybe a pen on the iphone 6 plus iteration (6a plus?). Also they will have 2 days battery life.

Edited by Sakeopete

Apple Pay. HealthKit. Homekit. Carkit, Researchkit. Yeah droid had Google Wallet but it sucks and no one really uses it. Maybe Droid does rush stuff out quickly. But it generally sucks and no one uses it. Apple takes the time to implement well.

Apple Pay. HealthKit. Homekit. Carkit, Researchkit. Yeah droid had Google Wallet but it sucks and no one really uses it. Maybe Droid does rush stuff out quickly. But it generally sucks and no one uses it. Apple takes the time to implement well.

You mean like how well they implemented apple maps?

Actually my post was referring to hardware not software.