PM Prayut will observe reorganization of trading stalls on Hua Hin beach

webfact

Gen. Prayut will observe reorganization of trading stalls on Hua Hin beach on the sidelines of mobile Cabinet meeting

BANGKOK, 9 Mar 2015 (NNT) - Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha has made known that he wanted to observe the reorganization of trading stalls on Hua Hin Beach while he and the cabinet hold a mobile Cabinet meeting in Prachuap Khiri Khan.

The Prime Minister said the inspection is important as the beach is a famous tourist attraction, considered a face of Thailand.

General Prayut is expected to visit Hua Hin on March 27th from 9.30 - 10.00 a.m., and then chair the mobile Cabinet meeting at 1.00 p.m.

The mobile Cabinet meeting has been postponed from March 13th, as the Prime Minister has to pay an official visit to Japan to attend a World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-03-09 footer_n.gif

"... the Prime Minister has to pay an official visit to Japan to attend a World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction."

I thought he banned overseas travel?

Or perhaps he will travel in Economy, so that his deeds match his words?

Prime minister........you have more important issues to devote your attention to.

Trading stalls can be observed by your subordinates.......corruption, the constitution and other matters are more important.

But, I do believe in you and your abilities to make Thailand a better country to live.

The General has done a tremendous job of cleaning up Phuket. The most important thing has been stopping the encroachment on public land. The vendors have been kicked off the beach and public land is no longer for sale. Phuket was a cesspool. It's not perfect, but it's light years away from where it was a year ago.

The General started with the beaches, that's why Hua Hin is important to him. He's laid down the law, "No Business on the King's Beach". Hua Hin is in for changes.

I support him 100% and wish my government (USA) would appreciate what he's done.

• Like 2

The General has done a tremendous job of cleaning up Phuket. The most important thing has been stopping the encroachment on public land. The vendors have been kicked off the beach and public land is no longer for sale. Phuket was a cesspool. It's not perfect, but it's light years away from where it was a year ago.

The General started with the beaches, that's why Hua Hin is important to him. He's laid down the law, "No Business on the King's Beach". Hua Hin is in for changes.

I support him 100% and wish my government (USA) would appreciate what he's done.

HE, has done nothing and I sincerely mean nothing. Every Time the government blinks, a new scam starts back right where they were in the beginning. There are still beaches encroached on, illegal taxis/tuk tuks, and there shacks on the side of road right back in same places. What about the jet ski mafia? Its same same 10 months after he stole power from the people.

• Like 1

"... the Prime Minister has to pay an official visit to Japan to attend a World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction."

I thought he banned overseas travel?

Or perhaps he will travel in Economy, so that his deeds match his words?

The problem with your comments are that he DIDN'T ban overseas travel. And he also stated that overseas travel COULD be more comfortable than economy.. But internal flights should be economy.

Please use discretion in your references to the government. Phrases which can be considered as anti-coup will be removed. Referring to Thailand or the government as a dictatorship, military dictatorship or other such terms will be removed.

• Like 1

As his next act as the nation's anti-crime fighter, Gen. Prayut will lead random searches of foreign tourists looking for urine testing. He will then move up to help apprehend illegal beach bed vendors.

Gen. Prayut is everywhere, doing nothing. Much like his economic policies to save the Thai economy.

Keep up the good work PM Prayut , I certainly am enjoying the cleanup of

some places in Thailand. For the armchair quarterbacks who do not and will not ever like

what the present PM is doing, well ask yourselves, what did the last PM do for you,

your families, or your friends. Also what did PM Thaksin do for amost of you,

Just asking! Because I did not see a great improvement to Thailand with the Past PMs

in power, of course I have only been visiting Thailand since the 1990s.

Edited by Stargrazer9889
  • Like 1

Dear Prime Minister,

While you are in Hua Hin, could you please please please, take a stroll or ride along the Hua Hin beaches, from say the Palace to the army owned beach at Suan Son. Just to make sure all is in order, and to direct your staff to correct any 'ugly' undertakings.

Enjoy your time in our once beautiful city.

Thank you.

As his next act as the nation's anti-crime fighter, Gen. Prayut will lead random searches of foreign tourists looking for urine testing. He will then move up to help apprehend illegal beach bed vendors.

Gen. Prayut is everywhere, doing nothing. Much like his economic policies to save the Thai economy.

You don't seem to be doing much either, have you tried spending some time reading news and media reports at all? Could you point out where there are "random searches of foreign tourists looking for urine testing" [sic]?

• Like 1

Perhaps there is some secret symbolic reason, but really, the PM has to inspect the vendor stalls. Seems like a case of dysfunction in the system of delegating what is not necessary for a PM to do. He certainly a lot of much bigger fish to fry.

• 2 weeks later...

You don't seem to be doing much either, have you tried spending some time reading news and media reports at all? Could you point out where there are "random searches of foreign tourists looking for urine testing" [sic]?

Even you must see the sarcasm but it doesn't suit you pettiness.

What are you talking about? Have you been in Phuket recently? I was just in Patong. 4 large sections of the beach are off limit for anyone except the parasailing and jet ski businesses. This week on 3 separate occasions I counted a total of between 60 and 65 jet skis parked at the beach. Several were on the beach and fuelling was taking place in the water contrary to regulations. Patong Beach like the other is a joke. A resort owner just rebuilt a road on public land after having it removed, the replanting of a mangrove protected area has been ripped up by a land developer, the beach clubs in Surin have yet to be removed, another poorly maintained bus crashed off a hill, a swimmer was nearly decapitated by a long tail boat (the operator of which sped away), there will be no lifeguard service as of the end of the week, the taxi mobsters and scooter renters still monopolize the public parking areas, the illegal taxis are still operating etc, etc. BTW, I asked several of the bar owners around Patong if they still had to pay their special fees to the police and other government agencies and the answer came back as yes, nothing changed

Hua Hin's sun beds are still there, as are its jet skis and restaurants. Weren't they supposed to have been cleaned up? Do you want me to post the pictures? When I was taking pictures of the Hua Hin jet skis one of the operators came over to see what I was doing. I pretended to be taking pictures of the condos. The gangsters are still running things on the beach.

So, aside from overthrowing a government and suspending civil liberties, please tell me what he has done?

NOTHING HAS IMPROVED ON THE BEACHES. NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you want to invent tales to support the man, at least make them plausible.

Edited by geriatrickid

Perhaps there is some secret symbolic reason, but really, the PM has to inspect the vendor stalls. Seems like a case of dysfunction in the system of delegating what is not necessary for a PM to do. He certainly a lot of much bigger fish to fry.

Give him credit for trying to do something within his capabilities. He may make for a good vendor inspector. Maybe he can be Hua Hin's parking inspector too and give out tickets to the tuk tuks who monopolize the parking at the main entrance to the Beach