PM Prayut says land and building taxes are necessary

webfact

This is what the result of fully implemented BRAINWASHING looks like !!!

1. Why should anybody pay taxes on a land or a house ? ... there is not a single reason for this other than government greed.

2. Why would people think these taxes would be justified ? ... because they don't think for themselves !

3. Why will anybody who questions these taxes be attacked ? ... because this is how brainwashing works ! [just follow orders and never question anything]

4. ALL western government are in a certain way dictatorships ... why should Thailand be any different ?

Mr. Obama turns out to be the biggest tyrant on the planet [with EXECUTIVE ORDERS which are only done by Dictators (!!!)] so this

is actually proven fact !

5. Nobody should be forced to pay taxes on what he ownes !!! There might be a debate if income from properties should be taxed, but there is NO reasoin at all to tax any property of an individual at all !!!

How do you propose that the infrastructure that serves those homes be paid for? You know, "stuff" like roads, sewers, fire protection, police services etc? Who do you expect to pay for the services provided?

Comment 4 touches upon the question of rational behaviour and I will let your comment speak for itself. I do however suggest you take a course in basic US political structure and powers as you don't understand what an Executive Order is and how it is provided for under the US constitution and laws.

Perhaps you would be more comfortable "living off the grid" in a trailer somewhere deep in the Ozarks with 20+ guns waiting for the "uprising" or zombie apocalypse.

• Like 1

Only 75,000 Baht a month as PM? But when he was army chief, his annual salary was 1.4 million according to Wikipedia.

Was he that concerned about the country that he was prepared to take a cut in annual salary of 500,000 Baht in order to become PM?

A very noble gesture indeed.

You may not wish to discuss the tax treatment of military pensions. I believe probing questions may result in unpleasant consequences.

Only 75,000 Baht a month as PM? But when he was army chief, his annual salary was 1.4 million according to Wikipedia.

Was he that concerned about the country that he was prepared to take a cut in annual salary of 500,000 Baht in order to become PM?

You may not wish to discuss the tax treatment of military pensions. I believe probing questions may result in unpleasant consequences.

That would be one of those not nice, unwanted questions. I don't think those are allowed.

75k as a salary for PM just encourages corruption, of course there will never likely be a PM here who isnt a dollar millionaire already so I guess its not like they need the money.

In all honesty judging by the way the last half dozen PM have and do act none are worth more than paying 75k a month for.

He is becoming too cautious and more like a politician.

I don't agree with his decision of delaying land and building taxes.

Those taxes are overdue in Thailand.

In 2 years the politicians in charge will do nothing, fearing the loss of votes.

You have the power in your hands Prime Minister, don't let it go wasted.

Now is the time to impliment laws that will help Thailand in the future.

With few alterations...and a question why would foreigners have any say what Thais do or don't? Personally living on this planet more than four decades I've witnessed so many taxes collected mostly benefiting those in power with their bureaucrats...I feel that at least once home should not be taxed. Everyone needs a place to live in.

Those taxes are overdue in Greece.

In 2 years the politicians in charge will do nothing, fearing the loss of votes.

Now is the time to implement laws that will help Greece in the future.

• Like 1

He is becoming too cautious and more like a politician.

I don't agree with his decision of delaying land and building taxes.

Those taxes are overdue in Thailand.

Now is the time to impliment laws that will help Thailand in the future.

With few alterations...and a question why would foreigners have any say what Thais do or don't? Personally living on this planet more than four decades I've witnessed so many taxes collected mostly benefiting those in power with their bureaucrats...I feel that at least once home should not be taxed. Everyone needs a place to live in.

Those taxes are overdue in Greece.

Now is the time to implement laws that will help Greece in the future.

One man's hut is another man's castle. Equitable?

The hut is tax at Bt1,000. The castle at Bt100,000. Both are homes.

Edited by trogers

I think the PM would be getting a pension from the army, to which he would be entitled to.....plus he and his family probably have their regular trip to the recycle centre to cash in the bottles and cans they bag up outside the garden shed. That would be a good little earner for them.

I wouldn't be to worried about the PM's standard of living, he is getting by. wai2.gif

I don't see how a lot of the people in my village can afford to pay taxes on their homes, surely there should be an exemption for houses valued, or assessed below a certain level. Speculators sitting on large plots of land, I have no sympathy for, but everyone should be allowed to own their home without fear of losing it through unpaid taxes. As one poster already stated, corruption costs more than taxation could possibly raise.

I don't see how a lot of the people in my village can afford to pay taxes on their homes, surely there should be an exemption for houses valued, or assessed below a certain level. Speculators sitting on large plots of land, I have no sympathy for, but everyone should be allowed to own their home without fear of losing it through unpaid taxes. As one poster already stated, corruption costs more than taxation could possibly raise.

In a Village and 1,000,000 baht exemption does not cover them?

didnt you realize, he transferred himself to an inactive post, on full salary of course. 5555

How long will it be after these taxes come into force that there's a new ruling pushed thru'..

..'Any property owned or permantly occupied by farang is subject to same price-structure as Thai National Parks..they able to pay more, so they pay 100 times more'..?

And how you see the difference in meaning of 1000Baht to a poor farmer making 250 a day compared to a millionaire making 100K a day?

As far as I am aware, when building house for my Thai family, we paid 7% VAT on everything and added to local economy by paying the daily wages.

I think that 7% is fair enough for nothing. Don't you?

And how you see the difference in meaning of 1000Baht to a poor farmer making 250 a day compared to a millionaire making 100K a day?

As far as I am aware, when building house for my Thai family, we paid 7% VAT on everything and added to local economy by paying the daily wages.

The question now is, should there be a land tax where the poor pays that Bt1,000 and the rich Bt100,000 or should VAT be raised to 10%?

Which makes the poor pays more per year?

Edited by trogers
  • Like 1

The question now is, should there be a land tax where the poor pays that Bt1,000 and the rich Bt100,000 or should VAT be raised to 10%?

There is a false question there. First, I would ask why would you need to raise the taxes. If you are "eliminating" corruption, the government should be saving a substantial amount of money under the current plans. If you are "eliminating" costly populist programs that they say was wrong with Thaksin administrations, then there should be more money available for education and infrastructure. First the government has to be open and transparent with everything.... Why do they need extra money? Probably because they were not being honest about eliminating corruption, just taking it out of the "wrong" pockets and putting it back in the right pockets. Adding more money to a system that is endemically corrupt, is going to do nothing more than feed the fire.

There is a false question there. First, I would ask why would you need to raise the taxes. If you are "eliminating" corruption, the government should be saving a substantial amount of money under the current plans. If you are "eliminating" costly populist programs that they say was wrong with Thaksin administrations, then there should be more money available for education and infrastructure. First the government has to be open and transparent with everything.... Why do they need extra money? Probably because they were not being honest about eliminating corruption, just taking it out of the "wrong" pockets and putting it back in the right pockets. Adding more money to a system that is endemically corrupt, is going to do nothing more than feed the fire.
Eliminating corruption does not bring money back into the coffer. The horse has bolted from the stable. Such elimination only stop or reduce future bleeding.

In the meantime, much debts have been incurred that have to be repaid, and people are crying for fiscal spending to prop up the economy, and this requires funds.

Thus, new taxes needed to avoid budget deficit.

Edited by trogers

seems a constant on this forum ' 'the gov' dont do this or that or give help here' sure do it but the reality is it needs paying for. Baring selling national assets raising money by tax directly or indirectly is the easiest way to do it get used to it thailand ,u want to become a first ish world nation it costs.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app