Two Phuket properties destroyed by fire

webfact

Two Phuket properties destroyed by fire
Eakkapop Thongtub

1425894347_1-org.jpg
It is estimated that the damage caused by the fire is in the region of B100,000.

PHUKET: -- Two houses in the Sapanruam Community in Talad Yai were totally destroyed by a fire this morning (March 9). Luckily there were no injuries reported but damage caused by the fire amounted to about B100,000 reporters were told by police.

At about 6am, Phuket inspector Lt Col Umponwat Sangraung was called to investigate a fire which had broken out at the Sapanruam community on Anupatphuketkarn Rd in Talad Yai.

Lt Col Umponwat arrived at the scene with Phuket Municipality rescue workers, three municipality and two Phuket Orborjor fire trucks.

The fire had broken out at a property at the end of Soi Anupatkhuketkarn 8. The road is very narrow and this made it difficult for the fire trucks to get close to the scene.

The fire was totally out of control when the team arrived and thick smoke covered the area.

When water was sprayed onto the burning house, the fire spread to a neighbouring property and it took rescue workers over an hour to get the fire under control.

Damage to the two houses caused by the fire, which were owned by Sombat Dachapan, 49, and Prakorb Suwan, 62, is believed to be in the region of B100,000.

Mr Sombat, whose house was were the fire started, said that he was sleeping when the fire started and was woken up by the heat.

“I saw the fire was speading to the back of my house so I ran outside and shouted FIRE.

“My neighbours and I tried to put the fire out but it spread so quickly so we had to call for help,” Mr Sombat said.

Neither of the home owners had time to remove any possesions from their properties and they have said they lost everything.

Police are now investigating to find the cause of the fire.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/two-phuket-properties-destroyed-by-fire-51318.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-03-09