Arisman, 12 other red-shirt leaders freed on bail

webfact

looks like a lot of people here don't understand that it is normal in most countries to be considered for bail while your case is in progress or on appeal and that Thailand is an exception in routinely denying bail to people on a regular basis ... almost always in the case of cases of LM, for example.

So yeah, people convicted of a crime Thailand are out on bail during their appeal. So is the governor of Virginia and his wife. What's the problem with you people... coffee1.gif

• Like 1

looks like a lot of people here don't understand that it is normal in most countries to be considered for bail while your case is in progress or on appeal and that Thailand is an exception in routinely denying bail to people on a regular basis ... almost always in the case of cases of LM, for example.

So yeah, people convicted of a crime Thailand are out on bail during their appeal. So is the governor of Virginia and his wife. What's the problem with you people... coffee1.gif

McDonnell is on bail after being convicted of corruption. There is little similarity to his offences and those of the violent red shirts, and murderers, allowed bail here, for sometimes nominal amounts. Bail is also allowed here for multiple charges and convictions, for offences committed at different times.

In the US (seeming you wish to compare) those charged with violent offences, and especially murder, are usually given much larger bail amounts, even relevant for their higher incomes. Bail for convicted murderers is almost unheard of AFAIK.

Well most of the red shirts are found guilty, very quick work. What happened to the yellow shirts that raided the airport and made the country look stupid? Did they let them go or I did missed the news?

they fined them about 522 million baht instead.

This country is not going anywhere in the next 50 years or so!

Where is this country going after 50 years?

Perhaps a holiday in Europe?

Or Maybe a relocation to the moon

they all have an emergency ticket for Dubai !

Free retirement , just no Singha ! 55555

Umm, given the "political" baggage Singha carries as a brand, I suspect they drink Chang!

This country is not going anywhere in the next 50 years or so!

Where is this country going after 50 years?

Perhaps a holiday in Europe?

Or Maybe a relocation to the moon

they all have an emergency ticket for Dubai !

Free retirement , just no Singha ! 55555

Umm, given the "political" baggage Singha carries as a brand, I suspect they drink Chang!

You guys never pay attention, now do you?

For 'these' people it's Heineken and Johnnie Walker Black or Blue and possibly a fine Cognac with ice and CocaCola to show sophistication.

Edited by rubl
  • Like 2

I can't recall the actual story but a couple of months ago some semi famous bloke was found guilty of Murder and then got bail ?

As did three Kalasin based policemen whom murded a innocent teenager in Thaksins WOD. They were sentenced to dead but are still free on bail.

McDonnell is on bail after being convicted of corruption. There is little similarity to his offences and those of the violent red shirts, and murderers, allowed bail here, for sometimes nominal amounts. Bail is also allowed here for multiple charges and convictions, for offences committed at different times.

In the US (seeming you wish to compare) those charged with violent offences, and especially murder, are usually given much larger bail amounts, even relevant for their higher incomes. Bail for convicted murderers is almost unheard of AFAIK.

aren't we talking about the 4 year convictions for leading the protest at the ASEAN Summit or are we now just calling them murderers because we hate all red shirts?

aren't we talking about the 4 year convictions for leading the protest at the ASEAN Summit or are we now just calling them murderers because we hate all red shirts?

This from the person who told me I should learn to read! Bail was being discussed and how anybody with a reasonable education could think this '...the violent red shirts, and murderers, allowed bail here.....' was an accusation of red shirts as murderers is unbelievable. FYI, the commas clearly separate the two subjects.

You are correct that in this specific instance, no murders were committed by the red shirts. Bail for convicted murder was mentioned in prior posts . Remember

"What's the problem with you people... coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJARfU4"

BTW I don't hate ALL red shirts, I have lived with a red sympathiser for over 10 years. I do hate the violent thugs who for pay or pleasure, see it as their right to intimidate others and (you will like this) deny them their democratic rights. Most I pity for their lack of education, experience, and often, intelligence.

Edited by halloween
  • Like 1

This from the person who told me I should learn to read! Bail was being discussed and how anybody with a reasonable education could think this '...the violent red shirts, and murderers, allowed bail here.....' was an accusation of red shirts as murderers is unbelievable. FYI, the commas clearly separate the two subjects.

You are correct that in this specific instance, no murders were committed by the red shirts. Bail for convicted murder was mentioned in prior posts . Remember

"What's the problem with you people... coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJARfU4"

BTW I don't hate ALL red shirts, I have lived with a red sympathiser for over 10 years. I do hate the violent thugs who for pay or pleasure, see it as their right to intimidate others and (you will like this) deny them their democratic rights. Most I pity for their lack of education, experience, and often, intelligence.

yeah, obviously you need to learn to read. Apparently even your own posts. whistling.gif