Chiang Mai hospitals warned of worsening smog

webfact

We would love to live here if and when the local Thai government does something about the haze, but I am not holding my breath so we will wait and see if this problem ever gets fixed. I am not willing to spend a lot of money to buy an apartment and make the move here while there is an air pollution problem and try to suffer through because of it.

You could stay in Chiang Mai and hold your breath?

For decades it is the same thing year after year. They get money to hold a meeting and talk about it and then it's beer o'clock and nothing is ever done or will ever be done. All they organise is the food and drinks for next year's meeting.

I agree..why don't they (local and national gov'ts) stop sitting on their f**king hands and do something about this?

For decades it is the same thing year after year. They get money to hold a meeting and talk about it and then it's beer o'clock and nothing is ever done or will ever be done. All they organise is the food and drinks for next year's meeting.

I agree..why don't they (local and national gov'ts) stop sitting on their f**king hands and do something about this?

Because they are Thai and there are more important issues like ?????????????

Thais still think of their country as a modern ,developing country but in many ways its still 3rd world..

I've been in Chiang Mia from West Aus on holidays now for 6 weeks, I have already have been unable to feel any wind from any direction during this time except on last Friday when the Thai Airforce had a helicopter over the River Restaurant next to the Iron Bridge whilst I and others were having breakfast. It was a show to appear to be doing something...what a joke!!!,

Only 6 weeks here well you are excused.Watering the roads ,spraying water into the air and having "rain making" planes on stand by,despite no cloud, is all about PR forget about the problem...saving

face is more important. We are "monitoring the situation" they said the other day, its all PR and wait for the rain to come.

Thais are conditioned to put up with adversity and keep quiet no matter what.