ISIS uses 46,000 Twitter accounts to spread its hateful propaganda online

thai tech

isis-700x336.jpeg

The terrorist group Islamic State operates at least 46,000 Twitter accounts, which it uses to help spread its hateful propaganda online, a new report from a U.S based research organisation has found.

The ISIS Twitter Census (pdf), was released last week by the Brookings Project in an attempt to try and quantify the influence and reach ISIS has online via social media.

The report, which includes data compiled from September to December 2014, determines the number of social media accounts run by Islamic State and its supporters, in what is the first public study of its kind.

Read more: http://tech.thaivisa.com/isis-uses-46000-twitter-accounts-to-spread-its-hateful-propaganda-online/6545/

With open forms of online media, that is the inevitable dark shadow and currently I don't see a way around that fact.

Because to stop any shadow being cast you're going to have to blot out the sun.

• Like 1

So they can use Twitter, email and the internet, but they can't leave relics of the past in a museum alone?

I wonder what Mohammad would have done with the first person he saw using a mobile phone.

• Like 1

So they can use Twitter, email and the internet, but they can't leave relics of the past in a museum alone?

I wonder what Mohammad would have done with the first person he saw using a mobile phone.

he would perhaps have asked "where can i buy one?"

I suspect it would go something along the lines of - "Use the technology of the Kuffar against them, in our global struggle against lack of belief".