Export Advice Needed Urgently

I am heading to the UK for a while and will be taking back some silver to sell. I will not be a large amount as I just want to see what style & design people are more interested in. Just a test run kind of thing.

Question is how much will I be legally allowed to carry with me in hand luggage for it not to be taxed/ illegal etc.

And if I do get caught with more than the legal amount what will be the consequences at UK customs??

Any help appreciated,

Cheers !

I am heading to the UK for a while and will be taking back some silver to sell. I will not be a large amount as I just want to see what style & design people are more interested in. Just a test run kind of thing.

Question is how much will I be legally allowed to carry with me in hand luggage for it not to be taxed/ illegal etc.

And if I do get caught with more than the legal amount what will be the consequences at UK customs??

Any help appreciated,

Cheers !

Reading from HM Revenue and Customs

It would see that apart from the usual tobacco,alcohol and perfume/eay de toilette allowance, you can also bring "£145 worth of all other goods including gifts and souvenirs" Anything above that limit is charged duty.

totster :o

Thanks for that Toster, and as for you Naka thanks for that profile of me, you must know me really well. For your information I always look for the answer myself before I ask someone else and I didn't happen to come across it,

Nah Khrap ! :o