Passport Here Or Oz?

Jockstar

Basically my passport has 1 and a half pages left. So should i get a replacement here or Oz? Bare in mind my Oz residence visa is in the passport. As is my Thailand visa. So should i wait till i get to Oz or just buy a new one here. How much here and and how much in Oz? Any ideas guys?

Basically my passport has 1 and a half pages left. So should i get a replacement here or Oz? Bare in mind my Oz residence visa is in the passport. As is my Thailand visa. So should i wait till i get to Oz or just buy a new one here. How much here and and how much in Oz? Any ideas guys?

As far as the visas go,if it is the same as a UK visa for a Thai person then just keep your old passport with your new one and the visas are still valid, and show both passports at immigration.

Costs for new passports are as follows, remembering you now need a biometric passport.

Bangkok, from the embassy website

Given the new security features biometric passports will inevitably be more expensive than the current format passport. A child passport will cost £59 and adult passport £91. This is the equivalent to THB 4130 and THB 6370 at the current rate of exchange.

Biometric passports will only be available in 32 page books initially. It is expected that 48 page books will be available in 2007. Therefore, as of 15 May 2006, and until further notice, we will no longer be able to process applications for 48 page passports.

Australia, from embassy website

Adult passport $Aus223 they have a set rate of £1 =$2.45 so cost for passport is £91.

So appears as if the cost is standard across the board so i would choose whichever is closer and easier to where your living or going to be living.

Actually i have just noticed that that Aus passport is done by courier so you have to add $15 to the cost, but i reckon that will be a lot easier than spending the day dealing with the embassy in Bangers :o

Here is a full breakdown of the Aus costs :D Hope this helps

http://bhc.britaus.net/uploadedFiles/Passp...s/pass_fees.pdf

they did with my Thai visa before after renewing passport in BKK. They will usually cut off one of the corners of the passport diagonally to show its used I was told by embassey just to fold the page of any with a current visa on inside so it didnt get cut and then went to immigration where they just added stamps to show was on valid visa in new passport

Can/will they just transfer visas to the new passport? This is what i have heard.

Well i spoke to the embassy about transferring my wife's visa to her new passport and guess what? They wanted the cost of a new visa £300+ to do it, and i was advised to just keep both passports and that would be fine, and this is what we did and she had no problems re entering the UK when we came back this year. Maybe a phone call to the embassy in Bangers would clear this up, but i imagine they will charge you the cost of a new visa, bloody rip off merchants :o