Tourist Visa Double Entry Denied at Chiang Kong

Have a Double Entry Tourist Visa that was Extended 30 days at Chiang Rai Immigration and told I would still receive my Second Entry when Re-Entering.

i crossed the Boarder from Chiang Kong into Laos and Re-Entered at Chiang Kong.

The Immigration officer said my Visa was used up by the 30 day Extension on the First Entry.

The Officer said I must only stay 60 days, then cross the Boarder and activate my Second Entry, then Extend only ONCE.

My Visa use by date is still Valid.

Today I was only given the 2 week Entry from the Immigration Officer at Chiang Kong.

I know the Officer is incorect in his Interpretation of the rules, but we all know, it is Up To the Officer and No Point Arguing even tho Chiang Rai Immigration Office said I could re-enter and activate the Second Entry as most persons do.

BTW: I am decently dresssed, not dirty, and presenting myself as a normal human being.

Any Options ?

Local Immigration "MAY" correct it at best. But Doubt they will overturn another Officers Decision.but I agree, it is worth a Try if No other alternatives are possible.

Also possibly a legal services company possibly since my plans are pretty set in stone for the next 3 months. Very difficult to lose all I have already paid for lodging etc.

If you had a valid visa when entering the country that will be obvious the the Local immigration officers.

They would have no reason not to correct a stamp made in error.

Just go and polity ask for the officers assistance.

Edited by nzexpat

Local Immigration "MAY" correct it at best. But Doubt they will overturn another Officers Decision.but I agree, it is worth a Try if No other alternatives are possible.

Also possibly a legal services company possibly since my plans are pretty set in stone for the next 3 months. Very difficult to lose all I have already paid for lodging etc.

"But Doubt they will overturn another Officers Decision"

Doubt it would be interpreted as overturning a decision. Errors on entry stamps are fairly common and routinely corrected.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"But Doubt they will overturn another Officers Decision"

Doubt it would be interpreted as overturning a decision. Errors on entry stamps are fairly common and routinely corrected.

As you know Cynics and "Thai Bashers" infest some of these treads !