Slaughter My Old PC, Anybody Interested In Parts?

lostinisaan

Hello and Sawasdee Khrap,

I'll slaughter my first PC I always tried to keep alive and if somebody's interested in some parts, please let me know.

The machine is about 14 years old, was always upgraded by me and here're the parts, I have to offer for those who find it difficult to get parts for their older machines.:

Motherboard Asus, will post a photo of it this evening. It had a Celeron D processor, that I replaced by a Pentium 4 one.

Three DDR2 - 400 memory cards. 2 x 256 MB, one still with warranty, bought six months ago with 1 GB of DDR 2-400 RAM

Two Seagate HD's , one with 80 GB, the other one with 160 GB ( still more than a year warranty on)

Pentium 4 processor, incl. fan, etc...

Samsung DVD drive - Floppy Drive, mouse- keyboard and an ordinary monitor.

I bought the 1 GB memory card for 1 K because I wanted to keep the machine alive. But finally figured out that it's not worth to.

Please page me if you need one of these parts.

I'm in lower northeast, Sisaket area. G"Day.'.

• 3 months later...

Hi

Do you do upgrades to laptop. Mine was worked on a while back but it's now half Thai half English, want it all English also problems downloading from the internet & working as it should with the printer.

I live near Prang Ku, going to SI Sa Ket town Thursday no problem taking it to you.

Thanks

BHW

Thanks for the nice offer. But don't need anything from it. I still have a few slightly younger PC running.

If it is still working you could make it a Linux server or a NAS on the network.

But for what purpose...I don't know.

Will you be slaughtering it in the traditional Islamic manner?

biggrin.png

I took some parts out, got them n my office, the two PC's are still somewhere outside and my dogs are watching them.....

Could open a computer school for the technical college and they'd all in a sudden have technicians who understand what they do.....lol facepalm.gif

Thanks for the nice offer. But don't need anything from it. I still have a few slightly younger PC running.

If it is still working you could make it a Linux server or a NAS on the network.

Made my mind up and build one on a board to teach little kids how such a thing works. My point was more that I have quite a few memory cards that are freaking expensive, if you still get them.

Two motherboards,CPU's, two okay sound cards, with a different socket, plus a lot of other stuff.

The sound cards and HD's are not old, I think on two smaller HD's is still warranty.....

And thanks for the server idea. Maybe in my next life. The oldest one was the thingy that actually taught me how to use and fix these machines.

I needed almost every two weeks a new X program, because the technicians of the best( at this time ABC, Siket) shop had no freaking idea what they're doing. That went on for about two years !!! and i could learn a lot, but also paid for my lessons a lot......

All bad things also have a good side. Either you learn out of it, or not. Thanks a lot. Have a great week........thumbsup.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

Made my mind up and build one on a board to teach little kids how such a thing works. My point was more that I have quite a few memory cards that are freaking expensive, if you still get them.

Two motherboards,CPU's, two okay sound cards, with a different socket, plus a lot of other stuff.

The sound cards and HD's are not old, I think on two smaller HD's is still warranty.....

And thanks for the server idea. Maybe in my next life. The oldest one was the thingy that actually taught me how to use and fix these machines.

I needed almost every two weeks a new X program, because the technicians of the best( at this time ABC, Siket) shop had no freaking idea what they're doing. That went on for about two years !!! and i could learn a lot, but also paid for my lessons a lot......

All bad things also have a good side. Either you learn out of it, or not. Thanks a lot. Have a great week........thumbsup.gif

Second hand Memory at places like Panthip should be very cheap, there are ton lying around.

There is a test program to test memory, if it passes you can be sure it is OK. Still there is not much point to keep it alive beside teaching, in case someone want to know.

All other ideas on keeping alive (NAS, File Server, Media Server) don't make much sense.