Thai Airways lounge

There is wine ,and full bar available in the large lounge down from concourse D

You need to go to the bar ,separate from the food stations.

It is, admittedly, several months since I flew with Thai because they seem to be getting worse by the day - but there was never wine in the business class previously, spirits and beer yes, around the circular dais where all the high-carb snack are, but no wine. Unless there was a special wine area that I never discovered...

I haven't flown Thai now for over a year but there was always wine in the international business class lounge. Wasn't much of a selection but there was wine. A bottle of white and a bottle of red on you left as you faced the bar, under the counter.

I am not denying what you say, but my experience has always been different. Many times I flew with Thai and never saw wine in the lounge. I even asked one of the ladies managing the food area and she told me that they don't serve wine.

For me, the lounge is basic and sparse, little better than the old Louis Tavern in Don Muang.

The newly renovated Emirates lounge in Dubai, however, is fantastic - it stretches the length of the concourse and allows you to step from the lounge, directly to your gate. Plus a great selection of food and drink.

Yeah, the Emirates lounges in Dubai are great, although one of them (A?) is being renovated now which is something of a PITA.

The Emirates Lounge at BKK is pretty good as well.

I think the Thai lounges at BKK are okay, but as others have said, food is not that good, but they do always seem to have fresh fruit and sandwiches and whatnot.

Never thought much of the United lounge at Narita, or United lounges in general for that matter.

YES, I have tried the domestic one - Good, the international Business Lounge -Very good, the International First Class Lounge - absolutely SUPER!

Perhaps in comparison to domestic US airlines, Egyptair and El Al, but TG has arguably the worst lounge facilities compared to ANA, SQ, BR, CX who are its competitors in the region. The chairs are tatty and worn in both domestic and Int'l business. The First class lounge is comparable with ANA and SQ hub business lounges. Service in the dining room in First is slow and you have to chase the waitress for a glass of wine. The domestic J has the same miserable tuna sandwiches and cold greasy canapés that its been serving since the 90's.

• Like 1

My recollection of the tuna sandwiches in J is they were only half filled, the side face down was pretty much empty.

It's straying a little, but the Thai lounge in Manila is truly awlful. I haven't see the rats for a while, though, so things are looking up. TG HK is ok, but tends to be too warm (not that it is TG's fault). TG SG is as boring as it comes, and TG MY is no better.

My recollection of the tuna sandwiches in J is they were only half filled, the side face down was pretty much empty.

It's straying a little, but the Thai lounge in Manila is truly awlful. I haven't see the rats for a while, though, so things are looking up. TG HK is ok, but tends to be too warm (not that it is TG's fault). TG SG is as boring as it comes, and TG MY is no better.

The whole Ninoy Aquino Terminal 1 is a shocker - and to think that they charge a 550 PHP terminal fee for that dump! Hopefully Thai will move to Terminal 3, much better than 1 or 2.

I fly Domestic Thai business a fair amount, shockingly bad food, do they not feel embarrassed serving Mama 15thb noodles still in the cardboard pot ...

Worst sandwiches ever

School food was 100 times better

They should outsource to Family Mart if they wished to improve...

BTW I only fly Thai Business cos Phuket economy is known down here as the Zoo .....

I think I prefer Nok Air economy for 1999thb !....

• Like 1

I think the Thai lounges at BKK are okay, but as others have said, food is not that good, but they do always seem to have fresh fruit and sandwiches and whatnot.

This sums it up properly: the Thai international business class lounges at BKK are okay. I used the word fine. With gratis food, booze, and wifi it beats hanging out in the terminal.

If you have never been in an airport lounge before you will likely be impressed. Those who have traveled extensively and been in lounges around the world will rightly place them as midland; but they are certainly not an insulting house of horrors environment. There is alway a higher mountain or bigger fish to refer to that will make the comparison suffer. smile.png

SunLover

This sums it up properly: the Thai international business class lounges at BKK are okay. I used the word fine. With gratis food, booze, and wifi it beats hanging out in the terminal.

If you have never been in an airport lounge before you will likely be impressed. Those who have traveled extensively and been in lounges around the world will rightly place them as midland; but they are certainly not an insulting house of horrors environment. There is alway a higher mountain or bigger fish to refer to that will make the comparison suffer. smile.png

SunLover

I agree with this...its adequate.

Sometimes busy but never usually for more than half an hour.

Departing from BKK around midday yesterday on a TG flight, as usual I skipped the mediocre Thai Airways lounge and opted for the Singapore Airlines lounge. You can use any Star Alliance lounge if you have a *A Gold card. As we have been discussing food and beverages, here is what was on offer:

Singapore laksa curry noodles station

Western style beef stew

Pad Thai

Stir fried veggies in oyster sauce

Five different types of dim sum

Several types of sandwiches and pies

Imported cheeses and assorted meat cold cuts

Fruit and salad bar

Ice cream

Sweets and pastries

All in all, not quite as nice as Emirates, but orders of magnitude better than Thai Airways.

Beverages includes fresh young coconuts, red and white wine and top shelf spirits. This includes Bombay Sapphire gin (as compared to TG's selection of Gilbey's made in the Philippines gin).

The lounge was quiet and uncrowded, internet was fast and there was a wide selection of newspapers and magazines.

• Like 1