Thai poll: Criminal Court bombings politically motivated

webfact

Poll: Criminal Court bombings politically motivated

BANGKOK, 12 March 2015 (NNT) – Last week’s bomb attack on the Criminal Court is believed by many Thais to be politically motivated, according to a recent survey by Suan Dusit Rajabhat University.

The poll, which was conducted over March 8th-11th among 1,271 people across the country, found that the majority of respondents regarded the attack as a prelude to turmoil. Most of them believed that the bombings were politically motivated, adding that the perpetrators may intend to spark political conflict, social disorder or to protest against the Court’s rulings.

When asked about the repercussions the bomb attack would have on the country, the respondents commented that the incident would bruise the country’s image, spark fears among the public and affect the economy and tourism.

To prevent further unrest and restore the public’s confidence, the respondents suggested that security officials strengthen preventive measures and that the public help watch out for irregularities. Firm legal action should also be taken against the culprits.

As for their expectations of the government, most of them said they wanted the agencies concerned to follow up on the incident urgently so as to bring the perpetrators to justice as soon as possible. The public meanwhile should be updated on the progress of the investigation.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-03-12 footer_n.gif

Should we just take a step further and name the political group behind the bombing?

What a cowardly act! These people resort to violence whenever they don't get their way, and their cowardly acts have me seeing "red" (pun intended?)

Should we just take a step further and name the political group behind the bombing?

What a cowardly act! These people resort to violence whenever they don't get their way, and their cowardly acts have me seeing "red" (pun intended?)

Yeah, I don't like coup-makers either...

• Like 1

What a great comment. No, really - well done.

My 6 year old nephew could not have done better. Mind you, he is a bit slow for his age.

My 6 year old nephew could not have done better. Mind you, he is a bit slow for his age.

You should have asked him to write your comment too

The government releases significant information about the perpetrators, in the usual fashion basically convicting them ahead of a trial. Then a university does a poll to find out if the public bought the official story. Lo and behold, the mob has spoken. Why bother with due orocess when a compliant press and gullible public will speed things along so nicely?

• Like 1

What exactly is wrong with not liking those who seize power denying the Thai electorate the opportunity to put that claim that the PTP were a spent force and no longer the majority party?

Actually don't bother answering get your nephew to answer it as he will be less biased than you are !!

Not another BS poll. It is amazing how all of these polls have results that are beneficial to the current regime. I'm not saying that the results are fixed but more like the questions are loaded. Where's the poll on how Thais feel about their PM threatening to punch a journalist for asking a perfectly reasonable question? Where's the poll asking the Thais how they feel about the media being censored and not being able to pass critical judgement on the Country's leadership?

...and why is he writing in your name?

Not another BS poll. It is amazing how all of these polls have results that are beneficial to the current regime. I'm not saying that the results are fixed but more like the questions are loaded. Where's the poll on how Thais feel about their PM threatening to punch a journalist for asking a perfectly reasonable question? Where's the poll asking the Thais how they feel about the media being censored and not being able to pass critical judgement on the Country's leadership?

Oh I get it. ..you want more polls...with questions loaded against the countries leadership.....

Oh I get it. ..you want more polls...with questions loaded against the countries leadership.....

Not at all. I'd be happier with less polls.

The purpose of a poll should be to gauge the public's opinion on any particular issue regardless on whether its outcome will be positive or negative for the sitting government. Under the current regime it is impossible to have a poll that would negatively reflect on the current regime. That would not be allowed so what is the point in having any polls?

IMHO there is only one poll that really matters and that poll is performed at the ballot box. If the PM truly wants to restore democracy to Thailand he needs to get a move on. Spend less time micro managing the small stuff, holding press conferences where he makes a fool of himself and get on with meaningful reform so that the Thais can choose their own government again.

Edited by MW72