F1 back this weekend

AJBangkok

Well, Button should make the best of the first race as Alonso not even racing in Australia. Kimi beating Vettel, hard to see that.

Alonso is lucky not to be racing as the performance of the Maclaren today in FP2 was horrible. Kimi looked more comfortable in the car than Vettel but Vettel did manage a faster lap.

I was surprised the see the Ferrari's solidly outpacing the williams but it is only practice after all.

Off topic I know, but I haven't been able to find any live coverage of the V8 Supercar racing this weekend. Anybody know any different?

Mercedes appear pretty comfortable.............

Sauber have some issues off track which will be interesting to watch.

Dan Ricciardo must be pretty cheesed off today having used the 1st of his 4 motors for the season before the first race.

Ferrari looking quite OK at this stage.

What do you Guy's think?

I hope the next races are interesting. That was awful. Should have gone for a nap instead.

Exactly. I just finished watching the delayed BBC coverage. Terrible, even the commentators could not drum up any excitment. 16 car start, 11 car finish. Dreadful. Bernie must be pulling out any hair left under his wig.

• Like 1

If it's just going to another season with the vastly superior Mercedes cars disappearing into the distance I don't think I'll bother with it.

And, having the best car, with only his fairly average team mate to compete against, is going to greatly stroke Hamilton's already massive ego. He really thinks he's the best in the world!

• Like 1

Rule changes ruin the sport and I lost interest. The rule changes are lobbied by the powerful teams to swing dominance in their favour. It's less about racing now and more about politics and money.

Has been that way for the past 15 seasons at least.

Rule changes ruin the sport and I lost interest. The rule changes are lobbied by the powerful teams to swing dominance in their favour. It's less about racing now and more about politics and money.

Has been that way for the past 15 seasons at least.

Maybe so but it's more evident with the last set of rules changes.

• 2 weeks later...

Most importantly, it was an exciting race.

Yes, exactly Steven. It was much better entertainment value than the Melbourne race. Might turn into a more interesting season.

“Might turn into a more interesting season”... coffee1.gif Hab sheesh...only 2 races in and the curmudgeon club is already launching the diapers...just because the fastest thing you lot ride on is in a home stair chair lift, how could you possibly know what it’s like sitting in one on those cars?...oh never mind. I’m going to Silverstone with my brother and a work colleague is going to the Monaco circuit...lucky bugger...I’d love to go to that one but the air tickets and accommodation are silly money.

• Like 1

If it's just going to another season with the vastly superior Mercedes cars disappearing into the distance I don't think I'll bother with it.

And, having the best car, with only his fairly average team mate to compete against, is going to greatly stroke Hamilton's already massive ego. He really thinks he's the best in the world!

LH44 is the best by far!

i'm downloading motogp from last night now. no idea who won (although i can guess). anyhow, that's real racing, f1 is more like an orderly precession

Can't disagree that F1 can be incredibly boring once the start is over! hopefully this year there will be two teams in it rather than one, I doubt Ferrari will repeat Malaysia though, let's hope they do for the sake of the fans.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

i'm downloading motogp from last night now. no idea who won (although i can guess). anyhow, that's real racing, f1 is more like an orderly precession

What site have you been using...and I will take a punt and say you guessed wrong?

https://www.thepiratebay.se/torrent/11784877/MotoGP.2015.Qatar.HDTV.x264-CHAMPiONS

holy crap, what a race. i'm not going to say what happened because you all should download the above and watch what real racing is like.

i'm willing to bet there was more changes in the front running in this race than there will be in the entire season of F1