Dog Boarding Kennels

KhonJaiYen

One on the Mae Rim Rd is very professional, but a little cold and impersonal, its clearly a business first and foremost.. I also doubt the claims they make about how much time the dogs spend free roaming, I suspect its a lot less then they tell you it is, which makes it something closer to caged boarding. I also had a issue where one price was agreed, deposit paid and on return he tried to charge me a (slightly) higher day rate, insisting he didnt agree the earlier rate, luckily I happened to have the receipt which is unusual as I dont normally keep paper for much time. Then he got all huffy and acted like he was being ripped off and all "next time cannot this price" when he clearly quoted me that.. It is however very clean and efficient, they can wash your dog before you return (extra fees) and they photograph the dogs daily and send these images to you via facebook albums and tagging, my wife likes that a lot. I just dont get a really caring vibe from it.

Also theres pooch resort, which has moved from saraphi to the san patong side of hang dong.. If I will be a little blunt, the guy who runs this seems a teeny bit away with the fairies, but he clearly loves dogs, understands them, and they are full time allowed to be out and loose.. Its very much slacker and less professional than the above, but oddly I feel like he cares more about each animal as an individual.. I trust him to 'care' about my dog more.

• Like 1

One on the Mae Rim Rd is very professional, but a little cold and impersonal, its clearly a business first and foremost.. I also doubt the claims they make about how much time the dogs spend free roaming, I suspect its a lot less then they tell you it is, which makes it something closer to caged boarding. I also had a issue where one price was agreed, deposit paid and on return he tried to charge me a (slightly) higher day rate, insisting he didnt agree the earlier rate, luckily I happened to have the receipt which is unusual as I dont normally keep paper for much time. Then he got all huffy and acted like he was being ripped off and all "next time cannot this price" when he clearly quoted me that.. It is however very clean and efficient, they can wash your dog before you return (extra fees) and they photograph the dogs daily and send these images to you via facebook albums and tagging, my wife likes that a lot. I just dont get a really caring vibe from it.

Also theres pooch resort, which has moved from saraphi to the san patong side of hang dong.. If I will be a little blunt, the guy who runs this seems a teeny bit away with the fairies, but he clearly loves dogs, understands them, and they are full time allowed to be out and loose.. Its very much slacker and less professional than the above, but oddly I feel like he cares more about each animal as an individual.. I trust him to 'care' about my dog more.

plus 1 for Pooch Resort ................Google it. Have a 50 kilo German Shepherd dog who has his own suite there when we travel.

I ve used Lucky Dog and been pleased , but so far to drive now . I use Bok Meaw she gets her own room with airconditioning or fan and I can watch her 24 7 oncvtv. I nring her food and its 300 baht per day .

Ha!... 300 baht a day with AC and meals!...

There are a few Thivisa member who should check that out!

Edited by sfokevin
  • Like 1

Is Bok Meaw the one in Saraphi

Yes.. curious how much time they get outside of the room / cell ??

Would be a good option for me but I dont want him inside a small room for 80% of his day.. Needs to be 8 plus hours out. Otherwise its solitary confinement.

LuckyDogs-TH moved a year ago to a 10 rai plot of garden with lots of large and medium sized trees and at least 25 different birds species, and I'm still adding 'new' ones to the list. :)

Lots of space to run and play for the dogs pretty much the whole day.

We have now 5 dog runs and 7 play-camps. The play-camps are attached to 10 dog kennels.
Next to the runs and kennels with play-camps, there is the option of in-house boarding, provided that the dog is compatible with me, my staff and my dogs.

And we have cat-boarding as well.

4 of the 5 dog runs
post-27646-0-40113800-1426514320_thumb.j

6 of the 7 play-camps
post-27646-0-97900200-1426514363_thumb.j

• Like 1

I had an issue a few years ago with the Mae Rim outfit. Twice my dog came home spaced out, wobbly on her feet and not eating well for 3-4 days afterwards. My vet suggested something may have been added to the food. FYI