Pipes help

eladblum

A pressure pump of sorts with 2 inlets, 2 outlets and a chech valve. There seems to be some writing or a schematic on either side near the water fittings. Can you post more photos.

If it isn't a personal question.....why?

A pressure pump of sorts with 2 inlets, 2 outlets and a chech valve. There seems to be some writing or a schematic on either side near the water fittings. Can you post more photos.

its a pool pump/filter isn't it ?, the white conduit is the power nad as you have said inlets and outlets and a by pass

• Like 2

Thanks for the help guys.

I'm asking just of curiosity as I never had a pump or a water tank before.

I've managed to figure it out,

The pipe in the back which ends up in the higher inlet of the tank, feeds the tank with water.

The lower outlet of the tank, leeds to the pump and out from the pump it splits to two ways.

One to the house, and the other leeds back to the pipe that feeds the tank (Can't really understand why though).

And what's the purpose of the valve on the right of the pump?

• Like 1

Since you appear to be running on mains water pressure, the tank isn't being refreshed and we don't know how long it's been like that.

I would drain down the tank and drop a few glugs of Haiter bleach or a pool chlorine block in there to kill off any interesting wildlife.

• Like 1

Looks to me that the line that has the valve open is the filter bypass, so that you still have water while the filter unit is off-line. You have two separate off takes so I assume the lines feed to different places.

The filter itself is currently being bypassed because the water feed and discharge valves are closed, so I hope you don't want filtered water at present.

To me, this looks like your place gets water from the local supply (upper, "open" pipe) and also can be switched to a storage tank when the water is off. You could close the upper valve and open the other valve+ valve behind pump. Than open a tap inside the house and watch if the pump starts, water is running. Could be, that the pump has an extra switch you need to turn on first. Ask your landlord, i'm sure he/she will demonstrate it to you.

• Like 1

So is it a filter or a pump?

It's a pump.

Open all the valves, no need to close anything. Locate the power supply for the pump. Turn on a tap, pump should start.

What is the mains water pressure like at present? It could be good enough to use alone without the pump.

• Like 2

its a pool pump/filter isn't it ?, the white conduit is the power nad as you have said inlets and outlets and a by pass

Pool pumps generally look like this:

hayward-super-pump2.jpg

Note: no pressure tank smile.png

Pool filters generally look like this:

312128_orig.jpg

Note: Big and fat

smile.png

Edited by IMHO
  • Like 1

I was originally looking at the photo on my 3 inch phone screen. Now that I have it on my laptop it is much clearer.

Hey eladblum, I bet you a sic-pack of Chang the pump is seized.

Sorry Mate. There isn't much happening on TVF at the moment, so I am glued to your thread.

blink.png

Lol

Everything is working fine actually,

I closed the valves before I took the photo.

The funny thing is, I was replacing a tap in the house, so I closed the main valve that is on the meter.

When I finished, I opened the valves in the pic. Like I said, I've never had a water tank before, so it took about 36 hours for us to empty the tank.

Eventually, after playing with the valves in the photo thinking I might have done something wrong, I posted the thread and after a few hours it popped into my mind that the main valve was closed the whole time... Wife showered from a bottle as the water ran out right when she was washing her hair....

• Like 1

Hey eladblum, I bet you a sic-pack of Chang the pump is seized.

Sorry Mate. There isn't much happening on TVF at the moment, so I am glued to your thread.

blink.png

Lol

Everything is working fine actually,

I closed the valves before I took the photo.

The funny thing is, I was replacing a tap in the house, so I closed the main valve that is on the meter.

When I finished, I opened the valves in the pic. Like I said, I've never had a water tank before, so it took about 36 hours for us to empty the tank.

Eventually, after playing with the valves in the photo thinking I might have done something wrong, I posted the thread and after a few hours it popped into my mind that the main valve was closed the whole time... Wife showered from a bottle as the water ran out right when she was washing her hair....

Ok. I owe you a 6 pack should we meet....

thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7pbAk

I would drain down the tank and drop a few glugs of Haiter bleach or a pool chlorine block in there to kill off any interesting wildlife.

interesting...

Say I do it and put a bit haiter bleach in threre, you think I'll be able to wash it out easily?