Prayut says US disallows him to travel to the states

Lite Beer

cant go to Aussie either can he ?....for the same reason

He's seems to be speaking for the Americans again. His assumption just because Obama ain't invited him. The billionaire Wall St. connected Thaksin, a convicted criminal fugitive with 15 outstanding criminal court cases got a visa ok on a private visit, unusual for America. And the former PM Ms. Yingluck was always dropping hints about a "White House invitation" that never came.

Who America invites, allows in and doesn't invite or prohibits is there business. Hypocrisy is up the them.

As for Aussie - why would he want to visit a piss pot country with an idiot PM?

• Like 2

I'm sure he knows the reasons why the US won't let him in, so there really wasn't any reason to reiterate their stance, I was just being facetious in my earlier post, and don't really see the big deal about not letting him into the USA.

I have a love hate relationship with the USA , many of them still support terrorist organisations such as the IRAQ and often fundraise on their behalf but yet have such a Hardon for Islamic terror groups?

They have lapse immigration laws when it suits, I personally know a lad who has lived and worked there for nearly 3 years with no SS card and no green card and is also a part time firefighter.

It's a great place to visit and I have many friends living all over the various states and I've never had a bad time or experience in th numerous times I've been. Oh apart from eating grits!!! That left me feeling very unwell!! 5555

America is no different from lots of other countries as in they think they're the best but in reality they're no better or worse it's all down to how you personally interact with the people that's makes it good or bad.

Just like here, I have more grief from farangs on this site than I have from Thais around my local area. ?

I think you have to read that article again.

It said the US is not inviting him in. It doesn't say, they banned him from entering the USA.

Slightly different. I'm sure there is absolute no problem for him to go on a quick shopping trip

to New York if he wishes.

• Like 2

PM or not you got to go through the process of getting a Visa, why should he go and my Thai BG can't 555, Plus he already has chosen his side of sleeping with the Chinese so why go to the U.S. and ask for more aid.

When he does go will he have to pay double for using his ATM card, will he have to pay double ..not being a American to visit the parks

What you'd expect from US admin, whether Obama's or any other President's, just a bunch of dummy spitters who think there's only one way.....USAway!

Wrong........Can't fix own probs, i.e. racial issues, healthcare, etc, etc, MYOB!!!

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

What you'd expect from US admin, whether Obama's or any other President's, just a bunch of dummy spitters who think there's only one way.....USAway!

Wrong........Can't fix own probs, i.e. racial issues, healthcare, etc, etc, MYOB!!!

If you read CAREFULLY, you'll see that the US has not told him he can't come. The US is not in the habit of inviting coup leaders to the US for diplomatic visits. That said, if he wanted to go, he doesn't need an invite. As a head of state he would be admitted.

• Like 1

Pardon me or being dim but what the hell does "However he asked that no matter what countries or what ruling systems they have, they are all considered living in the same globe" mean. I'm damned if I know.

I'm sure he knows the reasons why the US won't let him in, so there really wasn't any reason to reiterate their stance, I was just being facetious in my earlier post, and don't really see the big deal about not letting him into the USA.

I have a love hate relationship with the USA , many of them still support terrorist organisations such as the IRAQ and often fundraise on their behalf but yet have such a Hardon for Islamic terror groups?

They have lapse immigration laws when it suits, I personally know a lad who has lived and worked there for nearly 3 years with no SS card and no green card and is also a part time firefighter.

It's a great place to visit and I have many friends living all over the various states and I've never had a bad time or experience in th numerous times I've been. Oh apart from eating grits!!! That left me feeling very unwell!! 5555

America is no different from lots of other countries as in they think they're the best but in reality they're no better or worse it's all down to how you personally interact with the people that's makes it good or bad.

Just like here, I have more grief from farangs on this site than I have from Thais around my local area.

Did you mean the IRA?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Why do you even want to go?

I remember the poor soul who survived through the killing fields of the Khmer Rogue died on the streets of USA.

First post from an America hater who has no doubt ever been to that wonderful country and experienced the true hospitality of Americans, something no other country can beat. Go see for yourself how nice Americans are before you open your trap and spout complete nonsense.

Yup, my pals in NY said, don't venture out in the dark. Been going this in Bangkok for decades.

• Like 1

funny that - what a weird world we live in

The man behind most if not all the unrest deaths and conflict in Thailand these last almost 10 years can freely travel where and when he likes - how &&&&&& up is that

• Like 2

He's seems to be speaking for the Americans again. His assumption just because Obama ain't invited him. The billionaire Wall St. connected Thaksin, a convicted criminal fugitive with 15 outstanding criminal court cases got a visa ok on a private visit, unusual for America. And the former PM Ms. Yingluck was always dropping hints about a "White House invitation" that never came.

Who America invites, allows in and doesn't invite or prohibits is there business. Hypocrisy is up the them.

As for Aussie - why would he want to visit a piss pot country with an idiot PM?

Some might be feeling that about coming to Thailand ?

Just like here, I have more grief from farangs on this site than I have from Thais around my local area.

Did you mean the IRA?

Oops yeah damn predictive text!!!

The Dumb tunnel vision Yanks have no idea as usual.

The Coupe was the best thing that happened here and it has gone very smoothly.

The good PM is doing a great job in a very difficult cultural environment.

The USA it seems cannot weigh up the fact that Thailand is at last being 'cleaned' up of the corruption and much more.

But it seems the USA prefer an elected corrupt government to an honest one!

A corrupt govt can be bought. See Marcos.

Now see Germany and the US.

Wah wah wah. Call elections, hell run in them too, you're doing such a good job and 93.7% of the Thai people love you so get legitimate and stop whining.

He doesn't has the money for the required vote buying without corruption

Just like here, I have more grief from farangs on this site than I have from Thais around my local area. ?

I think you have to read that article again.

It said the US is not inviting him in. It doesn't say, they banned him from entering the USA.

Slightly different. I'm sure there is absolute no problem for him to go on a quick shopping trip

to New York if he wishes.

Doesn't he state himself the USA disallows him to travel to the states ? Isn't that techno speak for "banned"

Isn't that not the very same thing as you're not allowed to stage protests? In other words protests are banned?

Semantics indeed, and I never said in my post any thing about him being banned ?

• Like 1

It can be hard for Thai people to get visas to go overseas. Looks like it's no different for Prayuth!

Not to worry Gen Prayuth, you'd hate it - too much bread.

Funny that once you cross the border into Indo China, the bread is rather good. Better than most bread in the US. Love the bread in Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos. Laos has great pastries.

Other than wanting to go to America, wonder how much time Thais spend just over their own borders. Lots of bread is consumed by their neighbors.

The general or any of his cronies are delusional if they think they will be invited by any elected politicians in the west. For Japan, it is a matter of heavily vested interests.

I remember the poor soul who survived through the killing fields of the Khmer Rogue died on the streets of USA.

First post from an America hater who has no doubt ever been to that wonderful country and experienced the true hospitality of Americans, something no other country can beat. Go see for yourself how nice Americans are before you open your trap and spout complete nonsense.

Yup, my pals in NY said, don't venture out in the dark. Been going this in Bangkok for decades.

Really? After dark? then why do they live there. I am sure they are out after dark often and without incident. What about the millions of people who are out going to dinner, shows? clubs when the sun has gone down. Are they all gunned down?

ok I give up .. why cant he travel to the USA?

He was not refused entry to US. Bad translation.

He just wasn't invited because of US Law which does not invite Junta leaders. Weather there good or bad for a country.

Prayut can go on his own any time he wishes.

I'll add that I have been out "after dark" in pretty much every US city I've ever visited and I survived unscathed!!!