Going from Work Permit to Guardian/Education Visa

Hi

I've been here about 15 years on non Immigramt visa all that time.

My job here is coming to an end in the next few days. I'm 5 years shy of being eligible for a retirement visa and I have 2 children in full time education in international school.

I have no desire to get another job in the next year or so, or maybe ever.

There's a slight complication in that my passport expires in June but anyway.....

I understand that with 2 children in full time education (their mother is Thai), that I should be able to get some sort of visa related to that. Both children are Thai Nationals, I'm on the birth certificates & they live with me.

Does anyone know what the process is? Is there a period of grace after finishing the job where I have time to get the new visa or am I supposed to exit immediately? Would I be better off getting a new passport first or the visa first?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers

Pete

Edited by pedro01

You need to get a new passport first. In order to get a visa you need at least 6 months remaining on your passport. If you applied for a one year extension at immigration you it only be valid to the date your passport expires.

You could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your children when you job ends.

You would have to apply for a 7 day extension to leave the country. There is no free 7 days.

Are you the legal father of your children by way of marriage or legitimization? If not see: How To Gain Parental Rights As A Father

If you are the legal father of your children you can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai. You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank or proof of 40k baht income.