Bluetooth issue

mogandave

When my iPhone 4S linked to the car audio system via Bluetooth, it often (not always) turned the ring down on the phone which kind of bugged.

Now the new 6+ is doing the same thing. Has anyone had the same issue?

If so, is there a fix for it?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm guessing you didn't buy the Applecare which unfortunately isn't available in Thailand so short of that i can only imagine your best sourse would be the official Apple Forum.

There are obviously concerns on the part of Apple about opening a Store anywhere in SEA which I suspect has to do with government corruption.

I hope at some point in the future those concerns can be mitigated.

I'm guessing you didn't buy the Applecare which unfortunately isn't available in Thailand so short of that i can only imagine your best sourse would be the official Apple Forum.

There are obviously concerns on the part of Apple about opening a Store anywhere in SEA which I suspect has to do with government corruption.

Not true! Apple have plenty of Authorized Apple/ Mac dealers in Thailand .....and warranty service centres, why people think it has to be an Official Apple Store, is beyond me blink.png

IBeats, Istudio, Icare ..... even dedicated repair centres ..... some listed here:-

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/722640-apple-mac-warranty-centres-in-thailand-official-places/

Do a Google search too ....

I can't help on Bluetooth problem the OP has, but occasionally I get it on my Mac, I just unplug, the Blue tooth device and plug it in again.. not sure how to do with an Iphone...

• Like 1

@OP, I'm not really sure what you mean here... Are you saying you can't adjust the ring tone volume under Settings > Sounds, or are you saying adjusting here has no effect?

Have you tried adjusting the ring tone volume in Settings > Sounds after you're already connected to BT? The phone will remember separate sound settings for internal speaker, BT and Airplay. If you even need to do an all-new initial pairing, those settings can be lost though.

Edited by IMHO

Not true! Apple have plenty of Authorized Apple/ Mac dealers in Thailand .....and warranty service centres, why people think it has to be an Official Apple Store, is beyond me blink.png

IBeats, Istudio, Icare ..... even dedicated repair centres ..... some listed here:-

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/722640-apple-mac-warranty-centres-in-thailand-official-places/

I can't help on Bluetooth problem the OP has, but occasionally I get it on my Mac, I just unplug, the Blue tooth device and plug it in again.. not sure how to do with an Iphone...

Your post was not in the form of a question but I'll offer a couple of thoughts nevertheless.

An official Apple Store may not be of use or of any value to you but it would be to me.

I can only address Apple Stores in the USA. I've been in a few there but none outside the USA.

Customer service and satisfaction concerns would be the first things that stands out to me as a reason to want an official Apple Store.

As an example of customer service/satisfaction I offer these two examples:

1. I had immediate replacement of an iPod under Applecare that developed a permanent white screen. Try that at a reseller.

2. When a USB to ethernet adaptor didn't function correctly for a Powerbook G4 I was offered a full refund at an Apple Store without even having a receipt.

That isn't such a big deal except for the fact that i bought it at Best Buy. Imagine buying something from a Tesco in Thailand and trying to

return it at a Big C.

These are just a couple of examples of how Apple treats customers or at least this customer.

An Apple store offers immediate assistance for any issues occurring with an Apple Product. The way it worked is a person could make an appointment online for a time segment of 15 or 20 minutes with an Apple tech that fully understands the product. i forget exactly how long it was. But it worked very well for me. It didm't matter how old the Apple product was. Apple stood behind the product it sold.

I could go on but will just conclude with my understanding of Applecare which I've always bought for each of the 9 Apple products I've bought over the years

Applecare is available for all Apple products bought in Thailand, I believe, except for the iPhone. Applecare for the iPhone is only available in countries which have an OFFICIAL Apple Store. I don't know if the OP was addressing an iPhone or another product ( I can't read his posts) but I do know for sure, whatever issue he had would be fully addressed by Apple through Applecare with phone support. The answer will be produced by the phone support. They simply don't say "sorry, we can't help you".

Anyway, I do hope an Apple Store will be opened in Thailand before too long. After i saw your post I looked up about stores in SEA and read a Bloomberg article suggesting Apple may be looking to Vietnam as an initial presence in SEA as I experience it.

All good to you Jim. You're welcome to add your thoughts to my experiences.

Edited by watcharacters

Your post was not in the form of a question but I'll offer a couple of thoughts nevertheless.

An official Apple Store may not be of use or of any value to you but it would be to me.

I can only address Apple Stores in the USA. I've been in a few there but none outside the USA.

Customer service and satisfaction concerns would be the first things that stands out to me as a reason to want an official Apple Store.

1. I had immediate replacement of an iPod under Applecare that developed a permanent white screen. Try that at a reseller.

2. When a USB to ethernet adaptor didn't function correctly for a Powerbook G4 I was offered a full refund at an Apple Store without even having a receipt.

That isn't such a big deal except for the fact that i bought it at Best Buy. Imagine buying something from a Tesco in Thailand and trying to

return it at a Big C.

These are just a couple of examples of how Apple treats customers or at least this customer.

An Apple store offers immediate assistance for any issues occurring with an Apple Product. The way it worked is a person could make an appointment online for a time segment of 15 or 20 minutes with an Apple tech that fully understands the product. i forget exactly how long it was. But it worked very well for me. It didm't matter how old the Apple product was. Apple stood behind the product it sold.

I could go on but will just conclude with my understanding of Applecare which I've always bought for each of the 9 Apple products I've bought over the years

Applecare is available for all Apple products bought in Thailand, I believe, except for the iPhone. Applecare for the iPhone is only available in countries which have an OFFICIAL Apple Store. I don't know if the OP was addressing an iPhone or another product ( I can't read his posts) but I do know for sure, whatever issue he had would be fully addressed by Apple through Applecare with phone support. The answer will be produced by the phone support. They simply don't say "sorry, we can't help you".

Anyway, I do hope an Apple Store will be opened in Thailand before too long. After i saw your post I looked up about stores in SEA and read a Bloomberg article suggesting Apple may be looking to Vietnam as an initial presence in SEA as I experience it.

Well I have only needed to use Apple care once, and that was to replace a battery on a Mac Air .... I called the Applecare number, and spoke to a guy in the Philippines ... After doing a bit a checking he determined the issue....

He then gave me a work order number, (good at any Apple repair centre in Thailand ) and although not convenient at the time, I had it sent to BKK... Where it was replaced... Now Icare stores seem to be popping up... and that would save the problem of only dealing in BKK or perhaps Chaing Mai .... (for official repair centres) But distances are great within Thailand, how many Official Apple Stores would they need to build to satisfy people with Macs all over Thailand?

So just because you are probably having "better service" in probably the larger cities in the US, I bet that would not be the case in less populated states such as Montana or .....?

Perhaps some people with an Iphone can give experiences with the Apple warranty ?

• Like 1

return it at a Big C.

Well I have only needed to use Apple care once, and that was to replace a battery on a Mac Air .... I called the Applecare number, and spoke to a guy in the Philippines ... After doing a bit a checking he determined the issue....

He then gave me a work order number, (good at any Apple repair centre in Thailand ) and although not convenient at the time, I had it sent to BKK... Where it was replaced... Now Icare stores seem to be popping up... and that would save the problem of only dealing in BKK or perhaps Chaing Mai .... (for official repair centres) But distances are great within Thailand, how many Official Apple Stores would they need to build to satisfy people with Macs all over Thailand?

So just because you are probably having "better service" in probably the larger cities in the US, I bet that would not be the case in less populated states such as Montana or .....?

Perhaps some people with an Iphone can give experiences with the Apple warranty ?

Thanks for the reply, samuijimmy.

All's good.

You've convinced me that having an Official Apple Store in Thailand is not something of value or use to you.

So be it.

All's good.

You've convinced me that having an Official Apple Store in Thailand is not something of value or use to you.

So be it.

It's highly unlikely there will ever be an Apple-owned Apple store in Thailand, because of the max. 49% foreign ownerships laws. There's also no official Microsoft store, Asus store, Acer store etc etc and I'm guessing for the same reason.

iStudio operates under license as Apple's official agent.

• Like 1

Apple being an American company, I would think that they could get Treaty of Amity privileges for 100% ownership if they really wanted to open an Apple store here.

I read an article in Bloomberg a few days ago written around the middle of 2014 which suggested Apple is most like to focus on Vietnam as a first venture into this region of the planet.

I do agree with you though, bubba, that it seems Apple as the elephant in the room could likely work around any legal issues in Thailand. I'd imagine there may be other matters under consideration.

All's good.

So be it.

It's highly unlikely there will ever be an Apple-owned Apple store in Thailand, because of the max. 49% foreign ownerships laws. There's also no official Microsoft store, Asus store, Acer store etc etc and I'm guessing for the same reason.

iStudio operates under license as Apple's official agent.

What about Samsung? I don't know if they're stores or not but the Missus bought a phone in a TukCom that sold nothing but Samsung products so i thought it was a kind of official store.

Apple being an American company, I would think that they could get Treaty of Amity privileges for 100% ownership if they really wanted to open an Apple store here.

I read an article in Bloomberg a few days ago written around the middle of 2014 which suggested Apple is most like to focus on Vietnam as a first venture into this region of the planet.

I do agree with you though, bubba, that it seems Apple as the elephant in the room could likely work around any legal issues in Thailand. I'd imagine there may be other matters under consideration.

The only 'Apple Stores' in Asia are in Hong Kong and China. Doing Treaty of Amity for a 100% American owned company is easy, and does not require any particular clout. It probably just comes down to revenue potential. Singapore would be a far more likely candidate for a new country location than Thailand.