French tourist, 64, booked for shoplifting sun tan lotion from Patong Family Mart

webfact

French tourist, 64, booked for shoplifting sun tan lotion from Patong Family Mart

1426419742_1-org.jpg
The suspect (in orange shirt) questioned by Patong police and a French translator.

PHUKET: -- An elderly French woman was arrested and charged with theft in Patong this morning after she was found with a bottle of sun tan lotion belonging to a convenient store concealed in her hand bag.

The suspect, named as Freseau Muriel, 64, of France, was suspected of shoplifting by employees of the Laem Phet branch of Family Mart convenient store on Phra Baramee Rd in Patong, who then promptly alerted police this morning.0

An ensuing search of the woman's handbag confirmed suspicions of the employees who fingered the suspect as evidence.

Police seized the woman's white hand bag and the 200 militlitre "New Vision" bottle of sun tan lotion.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/french-tourist-64-booked-for-shoplifting-sun-tan-lotion-from-patong-family-mart-51417.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-03-16

How does it cost ? not worth it but if in Bangkok she might get away with warning or paying the item, only in Phuket taking such huge afford and tax payer money to go to police and media.

Edited by Bkungbank
  • Like 1

"... belonging to a convenient store concealed in her hand bag."

No wonder she couldn't get away.

Docteur Qui.

This rag has a serious need of a good proof reader.

//edit/and some news

Edited by Thaddeus
  • Like 1

How can you steal from someone who has less than you? Disgusting.

Ask any politician and wait even longer for an answer...

No blowback at home, that can't even get her name right. Freseau, Muriel.

Or Muriel Freseau, clepto.

Edited by animatic

finally, some french people with french names & french faces smile.png

" the employees who fingered the suspect as evidence"

isn't that sexual harrasment ?

Just what I was thinking . She gets fingered by an employee of Family Mart and steals some lotion to compensate for the illicite fingering.

She wins first prize in the idiot contest , I hope she learns a lesson but at 64 she should know better.

Agreed,..how stupid can one be ? now she's going to have to pay a fine multiple times the value of the stolen item....and the shame to have her picture published !!!

and embarrass he husband...who I guess is sitting next to her....great day..!!!

the high point of there holiday.....they can show the pictures to the family at home. !!!

I just have a problem with this, "An ensuing search of the woman's handbag confirmed suspicions of the employees who fingered the suspect as evidence."

Fingered ???? I hope it's not what my dirty mind thinks ???

Edited by off road pat

How can you steal from someone who has less than you? Disgusting.

Family mart?

A few months ago I was given change for 1000 when I had handed over 500, Mart was busy and the girl just got it wrong. I handed back the 500 because it's not Mart that would be the loser but the staff who would have to make up the money missing from the till at cash up time.

• Like 1

I cannot imagine what it would be like to be arrested at 64 years old for stealing suntan lotion! Food, Water maybe... but suntan lotion? And I thought the French were such nice people (except in Paris)... hope I didn't tread on anyones toes, but she's got a nice tan, and I'm sure someone loves her. (god help them)smile.png

Many menopausal women have a problem with shoplifting. It's not as if (in many cases) they have a need for the items they steal. It's a psychological problem. Many older UK members may remember the case of Lady Isobel Barnett, a well known TV personality and physician who was caught shoplifting. She committed suicide over the incident.

• Like 1

And the man is guilty of not providing his wife with enough pocket money. A much more severe crime.

I believe the man on our right, her left was purely the translator, and no relation, although they could have been more specific

Damn, How many times do I have to ask if there are facilities available for people in trouble, obviously like this lady, but also all the suicides and self harmings.. I get nothing, no reply Nada. Does it not exist?

When one finds a well off person, "beyond middle-age", shoplifting items of (to them) insignificant cost, one should consider Alzheimer's. Early symptoms including, but not confined to:

"They may lose control of their impulses, leaving them to say tactless things or shoplift as a result of forgetting the need to pay"

Damn, How many times do I have to ask if there are facilities available for people in trouble, obviously like this lady, but also all the suicides and self harmings.. I get nothing, no reply Nada. Does it not exist?

Samaritans of Thailand have suicide hotlines in Bangkok and Chiang Mai.http://www.suicide.org/hotlines/international/thailand-suicide-hotlines.html

• Like 1

Samaritans of Thailand have suicide hotlines in Bangkok and Chiang Mai.http://www.suicide.org/hotlines/international/thailand-suicide-hotlines.html

OK, thanks a million, I know why many people come here, and then find that their problems just don't go away... why should they, this ain't heaven.