Do Malaysian airlines allow duty free booze on board?

frankpelagic

Perhaps check with the Duty-Free seller at BKK, before you buy it, they might refuse to sell it where they know it won't be allowed ?

I've known that at LHR when flying to BKK via DEL.

Some airports do permit D/F for connecting-flights, provided the contents include the receipt & that the bag itself is sealed, I recently experienced this at HKG while traveling from YVR to CNX.

Edited by Ricardo

I have flown countless times with MH (MALAYSIA AIRLINES) and NEVER had a problem carrying Duty Free Alcohol.

They SERVE Alcohol on MH Flights. But DON'T Fly with Royal Brunei. NO ALCOHOL SERVED and since BRUNEI has adopted Sharia Law, I would have my doubts about being allowed to even take a sealed pack of Duty Free on board.

But with MH....no worries!! (Please note, the name of the carrier is: MALAYSIA AIRLINES... NOT "Malaysian."

Edited by Torrens54

I have flown countless times with MH (MALAYSIA AIRLINES) and NEVER had a problem carrying Duty Free Alcohol.

They SERVE Alcohol on MH Flights. But DON'T Fly with Royal Brunei. NO ALCOHOL SERVED and since BRUNEI has adopted Sharia Law, I would have my doubts about being allowed to even take a sealed pack of Duty Free on board.

But with MH....no worries!! (Please note, the name of the carrier is: MALAYSIA AIRLINES... NOT "Malaysian."

I don't believe I need an English lesson from you Torrens54.

Malaysian in this instance is being used as an adjective, not a noun.

Not very nice after being given all that info by Torrens !

• Like 1

Key issue here is the transit in KUL for a flight to MLB. KUL have security with an x-ray machine at the gates. They are particularly secure for flights to Australia. I am fairly certain that they will not allow duty free liquids from other airports, sealed bags or not. CNXBKKMAN said it: buy your booze at the duty free shops at KUL during your transit time.

I finally got an answer from Malaysia Airlines.............

Greetings from Malaysia Airlines.

Pertaining to below email, regret to inform that any form of liquid such as drinks, creams, perfumes, sprays, gels, and toothpaste must be in containers that have a maximum capacity of 100 ml/mg. Therefore, please check-in your liquid as checked baggage as drinks that more than 100ml/mg is not accepted as cabin baggage.

So I wonder is it a subjective sort of thing, and up to the people on the gate on the day.

To White Christmas13, I really like Thai Varinthip whisky, which is also really cheap (190 baht a bottle). It's not so much about the price, I just have a taste for it.

So, I will buy my three bottles in Big C and pack them in my check in luggage.

Thanks to all who replied.

Not very nice after being given all that info by Torrens !

You mean all that totally useless and invalid info by Torrens?

Why not just buy your duty free in Melbourne after arrival

For those that are regular flyers to/from Australia and keep track on best value bottled stuff at transit points, invest in some of the polystyrene foam bottle shipping boxes available from Australia Post and pack an extra small bag. If you pick up (for example) a bargain bottle of Laphroaig 21 year-old as you transit (for example) KL, then you can repackage and rebag it and add it to your checked baggage.

A few years back, I had a very understanding UA groundstaff at Narita reconsigned a bottle of Grouse that I had picked up on departure from BKK to the hold for the onward flight to SFO. When I got there, I had enough time to place it in my transit checked baggage before rechecking the bag to Houston or else I would have lost it to US airport security.

I think the DF shops at BKK all ask final destination and will not sell booze if your transit and/or final destination airport will confiscate your purchase.