Witness of 2010 temple crackdown deaths 'abducted by military'

webfact

We can always use the red-shirt argument. "She was abducted by red-shirts, masquerading as soldiers, in order to discredit the junta". Turnabout is fair play.

Who knows what happened here, or at the temple back in 2010. The only way the truth would ever be discovered is to have an international inquiry, and that will never happen. Any Thai inquiry into the events of 2010 would suffer from bias.

Here is more info for you. http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/06/six-killed-thai-soldiers-crackdown-protesters

Yes, but who can believe those damn foreigners. Just because there are lots of video of Thai soldiers shooting protesters, and thousands of rounds were expended, and their are no pictures of red shirts with guns, alive or dead, doesn't mean the red shirts didn't concoct this whole story. Surely at the behest of Thaksin they were ordered to run into bullets to gain sympathy for the cause? And of course the Red Shirts, with Thaksin's backing, can operate anywhere in the country, and impersonate soldiers with impunity. We should all be very afraid...

Edited by In Town
  • Like 2

Yes, but who can believe those damn foreigners. Just because there are lots of video of Thai soldiers shooting protesters, and thousands of rounds were expended, and their are no pictures of red shirts with guns, alive or dead, doesn't mean the red shirts didn't concoct this whole story. Surely at the behest of Thaksin they were ordered to run into bullets to gain sympathy for the cause? And of course the Red Shirts, with Thaksin's backing, can operate anywhere in the country, and impersonate soldiers with impunity. We should all be very afraid...

Yet there are plenty of pictures of redshirts who are armed and they did kill people. Knowingly posting lies breaks the forum rules.

Whoa dude, I'm on your side. I realise the armed soldiers did their very best not to shoot unarmed democracy protestors, but were driven to it by the actions of the notorious blackshirts. And no, I'm not referring to the armed blackshirts who were working for Suthep last year. I'm sure those blackshirts had nothing at all to do with the famous and elusive blackshirts of 2010.

• Like 1

We can always use the red-shirt argument. "She was abducted by red-shirts, masquerading as soldiers, in order to discredit the junta". Turnabout is fair play.

Who knows what happened here, or at the temple back in 2010. The only way the truth would ever be discovered is to have an international inquiry, and that will never happen. Any Thai inquiry into the events of 2010 would suffer from bias.

the only way to know what "really" happened would be through a witness that was there

it would appear that all involved have been silenced by either redshirt terrorists (I believe) or the army (don't believe)

we actually already know what happened - people in the temple were shot by the army - what is unknown is the justification - I believe the nurse was caught in the crossfire and was killed accidently - that's what happens when in a live fire zone and armed terrorists flee to your location - you get caught up in it from somewhere you thought was reasonably safe

That's not what the courts ruled (who've certainly never been known for their generosity towards the reds). But you & your ilk will keep spreading the myths

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1375784432&section=11

Yet there are plenty of pictures of redshirts who are armed and they did kill people. Knowingly posting lies breaks the forum rules.

There are no pictures of armed red shirts shot dead by the military, but a hell of a lot of dead unarmed ones

I don't believe this story, it would depend on what exactly what she witnessed - I still maintain that those who fled into the temple were carrying assault rifles and had just been engaged in a fire fight with soldiers - as a witness she could have testified and verified that armed men were present - she is either dead or is living in hiding in a neighbouring country and has been told to keep her mouth shut

I don't get this you believe this that fled they went intot the temple with weapons which is speculation on your part is it not? And them the post immediately after that one you mention getting facts right?

Either it's well documented the dead in the temple had weapons and were those who fled or your making assumptions which I don't have an issue with but its a double standard with your back to back posts ?

Edited by Fat Haggis
  • Like 1

There are no pictures of armed red shirts shot dead by the military, but a hell of a lot of dead unarmed ones

Ahhhhh so dead bodies but no guns there later when the bodies were picked up..

Of course none of them were armed because there were no soldiers killed.... Oh wait...

As I recall, no soldiers were killed during the crackdown. Is that incorrect?

• Like 1

She is for her free speech attitude adjustment, by the people who claim to return Thailand to a democracy bah.gif

Oh?

You appear to know more than the reporter.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out .

The ultimate apologist for anything hideous that appears in the media

• Like 2

This is the method of operation of military/police/government authority when dealing with those who saw what they should not have seen and those who know what should not be known in third world countries with totalitarian governments. Nothing new here.

If that is your premise, can you explain the 5 year delay?

The malfeasance case brought by the NACC against Abhisit and Suthep only happened last month. Abhisit claimed that Prayut was pulling the strings. No need to, 'disappear,' her until the NACC acted and fingers were pointed.

Why would the military just suddenly show up some 5 years after the event at the temple?

The report has been published long ago

The military has been in power for months already

Makes no sense that this witness was taken by the military

I don't believe this story, it would depend on what exactly what she witnessed - I still maintain that those who fled into the temple were carrying assault rifles and had just been engaged in a fire fight with soldiers - as a witness she could have testified and verified that armed men were present - she is either dead or is living in hiding in a neighbouring country and has been told to keep her mouth shut

I don't get this you believe this that fled they went intot the temple with weapons which is speculation on your part is it not? And them the post immediately after that one you mention getting facts right?

Either it's well documented the dead in the temple had weapons and were those who fled or your making assumptions which I don't have an issue with but its a double standard with your back to back posts ?

yes it is as you say my opinion or speculation - the rest of my post clearly states that facts are not possible without credible witnesses and hard evidence - as for witnesses who ? or where are they ?. exactly what this topic is about - a credible witness that disappeared one I imagine that was always going to tell the truth - she could testify that the army fired into the temple - well we already know that but what else did she see that certain parties would rather was not known - well I have my own thoughts on that

Another poster also made the point that a court ruled on this incident - at a time when the police reds and government were bought an paid for by Thaksin - the court has to decide on evidence presented - like I already said I am not disputing that soldiers were firing into the temple - I am not disputing that soldiers did indeed kill people in 2010 - someone also made the point as to why weapons were never found near these victims - do I really need to explain why

a common fault of many posters on these forums are posting what they claim to be facts when in fact they are opinions just like my posts - the difference is that it is obvious I am passing an opinion even if not stated in the post

why would this family come forward now ? I believe it is because they want the army to investigate - not because they believe the army were involved in the disappearance but because they already know who and want to come forward

lets see what happens next - the police and army should be all over this like a rash if they have nothing to hide

• Like 1

yes it is as you say my opinion or speculation - the rest of my post clearly states that facts are not possible without credible witnesses and hard evidence - as for witnesses who ? or where are they ?. exactly what this topic is about - a credible witness that disappeared one I imagine that was always going to tell the truth - she could testify that the army fired into the temple - well we already know that but what else did she see that certain parties would rather was not known - well I have my own thoughts on that

Another poster also made the point that a court ruled on this incident - at a time when the police reds and government were bought an paid for by Thaksin - the court has to decide on evidence presented - like I already said I am not disputing that soldiers were firing into the temple - I am not disputing that soldiers did indeed kill people in 2010 - someone also made the point as to why weapons were never found near these victims - do I really need to explain why

a common fault of many posters on these forums are posting what they claim to be facts when in fact they are opinions just like my posts - the difference is that it is obvious I am passing an opinion even if not stated in the post

why would this family come forward now ? I believe it is because they want the army to investigate - not because they believe the army were involved in the disappearance but because they already know who and want to come forward

lets see what happens next - the police and army should be all over this like a rash if they have nothing to hide

The temple had been declared a safe haven by the ruling government

This is pathetic! What kind of country is Thailand turning into? Won't be coming back and telling all I know to stay away. Don't think the world isn't seeing what is going on there! Even my Thai wife doesn't want anything to do with this country anymore.

The poor thing must be really scared now. There is not a junta in the world that does not casually resort to torturing people and disappearing them if they feel threatened.

In Thailand there is no need for a junta for that. Speaking out against 'influencial peoples' interest can already be life threatening.

Didn't we have a topic a few days ago about "late Muslim human rights lawyer Somchai Nilapaichit" who disappeared 11 years ago?

BTW as the last weeks we have seen more topics on 'fake' soldiers, I will refrain from further speculating till more info is provided.

you state that as if it is not understood which "party" in Thailand is the most likely to have abducted Somchai...

do you know which group of people that would most likely be?

Either the bad guys, the fake guys or the fake bad guys I guess.

BTW 'understood who most likely' sounds 'almost' sure. Probably based on 'real' evidence ?

The temple had been declared a safe haven by the ruling government

Absolutely, my dear robin.

Mind you, that was only for peaceful protesters, not for armed militants.

• Like 1

Ahhhhh so dead bodies but no guns there later when the bodies were picked up..

Of course none of them were armed because there were no soldiers killed.... Oh wait...

As I recall, no soldiers were killed during the crackdown. Is that incorrect?

Depends on what days you put in that 'crackdown'. On the 10th of April a colonel with some staff died due to a grenade attack. On the 19th of May a few soldiers and Canadian vanderGrift 'only' got badly wounded by a grenade dropped on them.

The poor thing must be really scared now. There is not a junta in the world that does not casually resort to torturing people and disappearing them if they feel threatened.

In Thailand there is no need for a junta for that. Speaking out against 'influencial peoples' interest can already be life threatening.

Didn't we have a topic a few days ago about "late Muslim human rights lawyer Somchai Nilapaichit" who disappeared 11 years ago?

BTW as the last weeks we have seen more topics on 'fake' soldiers, I will refrain from further speculating till more info is provided.

you state that as if it is not understood which "party" in Thailand is the most likely to have abducted Somchai...

do you know which group of people that would most likely be?

Either the bad guys, the fake guys or the fake bad guys I guess.

BTW 'understood who most likely' sounds 'almost' sure. Probably based on 'real' evidence ?

So you don't have the ability to think, unless red shirts did it then you tell everyone your thoughts.

• Like 1

I did not follow the news at that time, the only vid with footage on temple I found is this one. Do you know about others?

Well, that day we also had militants drop grenades on the army with Canadian vanderGrift running along with them also wounded.

From a link which unfortunately is no longer valid

""Nick Nostitz, a German freelance photographer who's been living in Thailand for a few years, was about 60 metres from Vandergrift when the army stormed the protest camp.

"When the military started moving in, there was an enormous amount of gunfire," Nostitz told The Canadian Press in an phone interview from Bangkok.

"Then the Black Shirts, a radical faction under the Red Shirts, started firing grenades against the military and Vandergrift was hit by one of the grenades."""

http://news.ca.msn.com/canada/cp-article.aspx?cp-documentid=24287948

post-58-0-90298100-1426507301_thumb.jpg

• Like 1