Snr Mobile Billing Design Engineer / DB Architect seeks work

Irish National (mother tongue English, speaks fluent German)

Seeks work as an oracle database architect (optimistaion,tuning) , telecomms or financial.

Many years IT expereince gained throughout Europe and Asia IT contracting.

Here is my cv.

Please contact me on 0912387602 if you have any possibilities.THANKS

=====================================================================

Spoken Languages: Mother tongue English and fluent German (Certificate of German as my Foreign Language from the Goethe Institute London, UK)

Core Business / Technical Skills
Technical: Oracle 11g Databases
Oracle Developer Suite
Oracle 11g Designer
Oracle Workflow Developer (2.6)
Reports 6i, Oracle Forms 10g
PL/SQL
HP-UX Unix
Business: Procedure and Process definition
Negotiation skills
Customer-facing and presentation skills (internal/external) to User Level
Business and Systems Analysis
Identifying business needs, determining solutions to business problems
CAREER HISTORY

BASF / TELEFONICA, Munich, Germany <Technical Support Analyst> July 2011 – Dec 2014

I worked for BASF IT Services based on the Telefonica /O2 site in Munich Germany where I worked twice before. My position there entailed ensuring that computer systems were functioning properly, installing software, incident fixing, and monitoring the current processes regarding activations of new customers and identifying and solving any problems that affect day to day operations of our customer Telefonica/O2. Daily duties included production of various reports detailing new activations and associated packs. We monitored the different workflows and ensured that the different order queues were functioning correctly and had constant contact with our customers. We also monitored the Apache servers analyzing the logs. We also analyzed different parts of the system and produced enhancements using PL/SQL/Shell Scripts. I also organized and worked on the deployment of software on the different environments.

Technical Summary: ORACLE10g, PL/SQL, SQL*Reports, Internet protocols: SSH, FTP, SFTP

ING LIFE, Luxembourg <Technical Business Analyst> October 2010 – April 2011

I worked for ING LIFE in Luxembourg, a provider of financial products and services to the public. My role of Technical Business Analyst encompassed analysis, development, testing and technical documentation. I worked on a project to deliver a new insurance product to the Danish market. This involved gathering user requirements and providing the front end Policy Application letters in the English and Danish languages ,using Business Objects and SAP Crystal Reports software, and backend modules in SLQ*FORMS to support a client policy applications. The application was multi lingual and parameter driven with financial modules including modules customer care, policy consultation, policy amendments, buy sell orders and net asset value manipulation (NAV).
Technical Summary: ORACLE10g, PL/SQL, SAP Crystal Reports, SQL*Forms, SQL*Reports.

Vietnamobile, Hanoi, Vietnam <Technical Business Analyst> March 2010 – June 2010

After my time teaching English in Vietnam, I secured a contract working for Hutchison Telecom (Hong Kong) based on customer site Vietnamobile in Hanoi. My task there was to provide consultancy services for the construction and development of an Asset Tracking Database. This involved design, construction and testing of an Asset Tracking database with related user reports, GUI mechanisms, implementation and support of the system when live. This included gathering user requirements, design, development, testing and implementation using the ORACLE 10g suite of tools. I was also responsible for DBA tasks such as sizing requirements, database management and the day to day running of the implemented system. I completed the data modeling in Designer 2000 and from there developed the GUI interface and reports for the Asset Tracking system. It also involved loading of excel sheets containing data to ORACLE database tables. This project was very good experience as it was a complete design and implementation of a system from beginning to end and involved working with local Vietnamese users.
Technical Summary: ORACLE10g , TOAD, PL/SQL, Designer 2000, SQL*Forms, SQL*Reports

Cleverlearn Institute, Hanoi, Vietnam <English Teacher> May 2009 – Jan 2010

During the economic downturn, I decided to try a change of direction and went to Vietnam to both teach English and diversify my skill set. The institute itself promoted learning English through a variety of classroom activities, such as group and individual assignments and real-life interaction with an English-speaking community. I enjoyed my time there, having taught age ranges from kids to adults. This gave me great experiences interacting with different cultures.

TELEFONICA/O2, Munich, Germany <Technical Business Analyst > Oct 2008 – April 2009

I returned to O2 again to work in the Technology Development – Enterprise department on O2’s new project called Kopernikus. This involved Design, Development, Unit Testing, documentation and implementation of newly developed code for the project Kopernikus. Tasks included writing detailed functional specifications, design of interfaces to different systems, unit testing, End to End testing, configuration management, user liaison and installations of newly developed software.
Technical Summary: ORACLE 9i , TOAD, PL/SQL, Rational Rose, HP-UX unix, Rational ClearCase Explorer, Rational ClearQuest, BMC Remedy user, Reflection X

Siemens based with Qimonda, Munich, Germany < Designer / Developer>Nov 07 – Jul 2008

Worked within an international team to enhance and maintain a business critical, short term order planning and logistics application with hundreds of end users in an internationally distributed database environment. Oracle 10g R2 database with a complex data model containing more than one thousand tables and views. Flexible reaction to customer’s changing business requirements. Customer contact and requirements definition in German.
Technical Summary: Oracle 10g R2, SQL-NAVIGATOR, PL/SQL

TELEFONICA/O2, Munich, Germany <Technical Business Analyst > Nov 2005 – Oct 2007

Worked on the design of a key Dealer-Sales Commission database. Role involved ensuring data and database structural integrity maintained throughout full development life-cycle and extended through the roll-out phase. Other aspects of the work was version control, testing, and release management of complex PL/SQL modules and modifications to ensure enhanced performance and optimization of developed code within an oracle 9i environment.
Technical Summary: ORACLE 9i , TOAD, PL/SQL, Rational Rose, HP-UX unix, Rational ClearCase Explorer, Rational ClearQuest, BMC Remedy user, Reflection X

ROUND WORLD TRIP Career Break Nov 2004 – Oct 2005
Completed a round world trip visiting countries such as India, Thailand, Cambodia, Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Brazil, Bolivia, and Peru.

CAMPUSIT, Dublin, Ireland <Oracle Designer / Developer> July 2003 – Nov 2004

CampusIT builds and deploys Internet enabled Management systems for tracking the full student life
cycle in Universities and Colleges .
Creating new program modules and reports using ORACLE FORMS 10g, SQL REPORTS 6i
Extensive use of Client Server architectures and Web deployed Oracle applications (forms modules)
Designing, developing, testing and implementation of PL/SQL scripts on the ORACLE 9i database
Liaison with universities in the UK with regard to development, testing and implementation including many site visits to users.
Technical Summary: FORMS 10gi, REPORTS 6i, TOAD, SQL-NAVIGATOR, PL/SQL, SQL*PLUS, ORACLE 9i, ORACLE 9I DESIGNER

SIEMENS BUSINESS SERVICES, Munich, Germany <Data Modeller> Apr 2001 – Nov 2002

Datamodeller based on customer site INFINEON AG. analysing business and technical requirements of the Semiconductor business.
Creating new entity models in Designer 2000 (6i) and generating the required DDL scripts
Testing and implementation of DDL scripts on the ORACLE 8i database.
Creation of PL/SQL stored procedures, packages, functions and triggers to support the existing system.

Technical Summary: DATABASE DESIGN, ENTITY MODELING, DATAMODELLING, DESIGNER 2000 (6i), TOAD, SQL-NAVIGATOR, PL/SQL, SQL*PLUS, ORACLE 8I

T-MOBIL, Bonn, Germany <Database Programmer > Nov 2000 – Apr 2001

Database programmer in the FRAUD/RISK management section
Creation of PL/SQL stored procedures, packages, functions and triggers to enable a customers credit risk to be ascertained and in turning linking to external credit checking agencies such as SCHUFA and SOLVENTEC.
Technical Summary: POWERDESIGNER(dataArchitect 6.1) , PL/SQL, ORACLE 8

CSC PLOENZKE, Munich, Germany <Billing Technical Consultant> Mar 1998 – Jul 2000

The use of DESIGNER 2000 to generate SQL*FORMS 6i modules, PL/SQL packages, stored procedures, triggers, and functions for a customer billing application for the Croatian public GSM phone company (HT) based in Zagreb, Croatia.
Development using DESIGNER 2000 in the customer care, point of sales (POS) and customer applications areas.

Technical Summary: TOAD, SQL-NAVIGATOR, DESIGNER 2000 (6i), PL/SQL, DEVELOPER 2000, FORMS 4.5, FORMS 6i, REPORTS 6i

PROCTOR & GAMBLE, Warsaw, Poland <Data Warehouse Analyst> Jun 1997 – Feb 1998

Development of an ORACLE common data warehouse, a standard data warehouse model and a set of information delivery “building blocks” to enable the corporate databases and the Information Delivery Centers to deliver five common data warehouse instances for Global, Asia, Europe, Latin America and North America.
Use of extraction tool ETI to extract data from IBM/MVS system to the common data warehouse.
Technical Summary: SQL-NAVIGATOR, PL/SQL, ETI EXTRACT PACKAGE

THE LAW SOCIETY, London, UK <Analyst/Programmer > Aug 1989 – May 1997

This was a permanent role working on the development of a “Regulatory Information System” that formed a core information strategy system for the Law Society.
Extensive development using SQL*FORMS, PL/SQL, SQL*PLUS, SQL*MENU, CASE*GENERATOR, CASE*DICTIONARY and SQR*REPORTWRITER running on a UNIX server with networked PC’s on an ORACLE database.

Technical Summary: CASE*DESIGNER, FORMS 3, FORMS4.5, REPORTS, PL/SQL, C

UNITED STATES ARMY, Berlin, Germany <Programmer> Jul 1987 – Jul 1989
Programmer in the Logistics department developing programs in COBOL for the specific functions requisition, storage, issue, and financial control of the Supply and Service Division

Education & Training
DUNDALK REGIONAL TECHNICAL COLLEGE Sep 1982 – Jun 1985
Computer Science course covering Systems Analysis, Structured Programming, Business Management, Accountancy, Data Processing, and Communications.
Qualification: Bachelor Degree in Computer Science. (3 years Full Time)