what i miss about past life

opalred

Going back to England in April for 2 weeks for the first time in 13 years, miss family and friends a bit, but for lifestyle nothing really except......

skyping mother- Mother (83 but still on her feet), 'You'll be alright, you can buy Thai food from the supermarkets or the restaurants'

'No! Mother, I love Thai food but I haven't eaten a Yorkshire pudding for 13 years, some beef with gravy, horse radish, shepherds pie, fish and chips' ...to taste once more would, or hopefully will, be so nice..please some home cooking....

And a long sunset....( family home in Penzance, right on the sea)

• Like 1

after 12yrs

i dont miss ex wife

i dont miss going to pub with mates and getting drunk

i dont miss the sweet easy girls

i dont miss roast lamb dinner

i dont miss vegemite

i miss a tin of corned beef with sweet mustard pickles

am i going strange

are you posting from the afterlife?

There is no reason not to make your own mustard pickle- takes time vegetable soaking in brine etc

I would suggest buying English mustard powder ( Colmans ) the local one does not quite taste the same.

Lots of recipes on the net.

Corned beef you can buy here

Then you can sit down, a nice loaf, your homemade pickle , corned beef and maybe some cheese- and treat yourself to some Bitter.

Bliss!

• Like 1

Going back to England in April for 2 weeks for the first time in 13 years, miss family and friends a bit, but for lifestyle nothing really except......

skyping mother- Mother (83 but still on her feet), 'You'll be alright, you can buy Thai food from the supermarkets or the restaurants'

'No! Mother, I love Thai food but I haven't eaten a Yorkshire pudding for 13 years, some beef with gravy, horse radish, shepherds pie, fish and chips' ...to taste once more would, or hopefully will, be so nice..please some home cooking....

And a long sunset....( family home in Penzance, right on the sea)

13 years? ??

Maybe the one thing I miss about England, is being able to buy cod and chips in the paper, any evening I felt like it.

BUT..............big surprise.............an Aussie called Harry has just opened up a Western style fish and chip shop in Udon. Cod or Haddock and chips, mushy peas, curry sauce, and all the other bits that a good fish and chip shop should sell.

BLISS

• Like 2

Man up the real deal is Marmite! Vegemite weak crap from Australia! And I don't miss it because friends bring me Red Cross parcels with it in along with other delights.

I don't miss the cold.

The rain

The grey cloths

Rates

I do miss having my ticket out of there. That a feeling I missed!

• Like 1