Dad threatens to throw his kids from parking structure

webfact

Dad threatens to throw his kids from parking structure
By Coconuts Bangkok

dad.jpg
Photo: Morning News

BANGKOK: -- A crazy father climbed up the construction site of a BTS parking structure last night and threatened to drop his children from it.

Bang Khun Tien authorities rushed to the scene to find Udomdech, 33, holding his 6-year-old son and 3-year-old daughter in two arms. The man threatened to drop his kids from the 6-meter height and then jump.

After the police spent an hour taling him down, Udomdech explained his wife left the family because he would beat her, and now he felt guilty and wanted her back.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/03/18/dad-threatens-throw-his-kids-parking-structure

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-03-18

Ah in the good old days a waiting mob on the ground would have beaten him to death - I saw that 10 years ago at the Mall Bang Khae.

People just don't seem to care anymore

Can you provide a link for what happened at Bang Khae 10 years ago?? Or are you trolling??

Ah in the good old days a waiting mob on the ground would have beaten him to death - I saw that 10 years ago at the Mall Bang Khae.

Can you provide a link for what happened at Bang Khae 10 years ago?? Or are you trolling??

No and no

you can choose to believe or not. Fact is there are numerous instances of mob violence when men put kids in danger like this

I hope there is a long term in prison awaiting him but i guess it's a 500 baht fine. Shame the police couldn't rescue the children and drop him the 6 metres.

Seems this govt needs to update fines and penalties, to cover at the least the cost for law and justice enforcement.

Another fine specie of a Thai male!!bah.gif

Yeah cos it is only Thai men that do this rolleyes.gif

Exactly Right. In Melbourne Australia a few years back, a man threw his child off the West gate Bridge. Murders at the hands of either parent is something that happens the world over, day in and day out, and sadly usually just because of domestic disputes. Sad as can be, but in no way is it "Thainess" nor isolated to Thailand. It is the most evil of manipulation the world over.

Exactly Right. In Melbourne Australia a few years back, a man threw his child off the West gate Bridge. Murders at the hands of either parent is something that happens the world over, day in and day out, and sadly usually just because of domestic disputes. Sad as can be, but in no way is it "Thainess" nor isolated to Thailand. It is the most evil of manipulation the world over.

Spot on. Mental illness or just complete evil is a global problem.

Nope others do it as well... It's why he did it that is the thainess...

" honey. Sorry I beat you, I want you back. And if you don't come back I'll throw the kids off this 6 metre high scaffold!"

There are many good Thai family men but there are also more that are failures. It's how they are brought up.. if you haven't seen that then you need to get out more!

• Like 1

" honey. Sorry I beat you, I want you back. And if you don't come back I'll throw the kids off this 6 metre high scaffold!"

There are many good Thai family men but there are also more that are failures. It's how they are brought up.. if you haven't seen that then you need to get out more!

So a man (or a woman) endangering the lives of their kids to get their partner back is exclusively a 'Thainess' thing? This doesn't happen in other countries ever?

I think it's you that needs to get out more mr biker smile.png

No and no

you can choose to believe or not. Fact is there are numerous instances of mob violence when men put kids in danger like this

I confess I have no direct experience of seeing this, but I'm told that is one of the reasons Thai drivers run away when they have caused a road accident. They are afraid of the reaction of the crowd. Seems to fit the scenario you outlined - if true of course.

I have an idea, throw this lousy wife beating, child abusing <*&%#> off the top of the structure.

6m? That isn't any where near high enough for this monster. He'd prob get a broken leg and fractured clavicle, at most.

Throw him of the Baiyoke tower... no we're talking. ;)

The mindset of this retard.

My beaten wife won't come back to me, so what can I do to get her back. Erm......oh! I've just had a brilliant idea!

This would be ridiculously funny, if it wasn't so ridiculously sad and pathetic.

I couldn't give a s h I t about his future, live, die, prison, whatever. But for crying out loud, somebody else needs to raise those kids.

So a man (or a woman) endangering the lives of their kids to get their partner back is exclusively a 'Thainess' thing? This doesn't happen in other countries ever?

Of course it does..stupidity exists every where!

I notice you always bash the "Thai bashers" but don't actually acknowledge that these things happen in part due to the social economic culture of Thailand!

You just state "This doesn't happen in other countries ever?"

My point was that it's in part due to the way that male Thais are brought up that allows this to happen. You decided to ignore that part of my statement entirely!

I notice you always bash the "Thai bashers" but don't actually acknowledge that these things happen in part due to the social economic culture of Thailand!

My point was that it's in part due to the way that male Thais are brought up that allows this to happen. You decided to ignore that part of my statement entirely!

Well I find it an absurd generalization on your part. "He did this because Thai society made him". Nah I'm not buying that, it's a case of mental illness and if you're saying it's the culture then I'd like you to back that up with some facts

Well I find it an absurd generalization on your part. "He did this because Thai society made him". Nah I'm not buying that, it's a case of mental illness and if you're saying it's the culture then I'd like you to back that up with some facts

I didn't say "He did this because Thai society made him"

I implied that the way that many Thai boys are brought up causes acts like this one!

They are not taught that hitting a woman is morally incorrect. They are not admonished when they do wrong. So they are like boys in men's bodies. Not all obviously but certainly a large proportion!

You only have to look at Thai TV to see the stereotypes portrayed. And there is unfortunately some truth in those portrayals!

The facts are for your eyes to see and your brain to process.

You disagree. That's fine!

Google is your friend tongue.png