Sky News on GMMZ tv

graemeaylward

Does anyone know what has happened to both Sky News and Fox News on GMMZ? Tried to find them today, but they have disappeared! I paid an annual subscription in November for a GMMZ/CTH package which had Eurosport which disappeared at the end of December and Sky and Fox News which now appear to have gone as well! What's going on?

They have run a statement on the screen for the last month in both Thai and English that it would end the 17th - no loss only have GMMz for the sports and movies for about175B a month with year package and forget about it just use it. Far cheaper then the internet options. edit: due to only having 3g otherwise net might have options.

Edited by RKASA

Thanks for that. I never read the banners at the bottom of the screen as I find them really annoying. Not sure how I will find out what is going on in the world and in particular UK now so that was 5000THB wasted! They didn't tell me these licences were about to expire when they sold me the package, so might ask for a refund! As far as sport goes, they don't have any rugby at all, but devout 6 or 7 channels to football! Ridiculous :-) Thanks for listening to my rant.

• Like 1

Thanks for that. I never read the banners at the bottom of the screen as I find them really annoying. Not sure how I will find out what is going on in the world and in particular UK now so that was 5000THB wasted! They didn't tell me these licences were about to expire when they sold me the package, so might ask for a refund! As far as sport goes, they don't have any rugby at all, but devout 6 or 7 channels to football! Ridiculous :-) Thanks for listening to my rant.

Just renewed in January myself. The way I look at it is that it goes with the territory and it's pretty cheap compared to my home country - got a small mountain of set top boxes building up now. The warning message never appeared on the channels I watch. Doubt they'll do a refund but you never know - maybe they might switch you over to ziptv which still has sky (and in hd).

Just renewed in January myself. The way I look at it is that it goes with the territory and it's pretty cheap compared to my home country - got a small mountain of set top boxes building up now. The warning message never appeared on the channels I watch. Doubt they'll do a refund but you never know - maybe they might switch you over to ziptv which still has sky (and in hd).

I watched Sky news every day in the morning and about 5pm for an hour, never saw any message from them re closing. They would have got their last baht out of me if it wasn't for the formula 1. I also have a mountain of boxes, Australian TV news gone, English TV news gone, and from previous boxes Al Jazeera gone, Russian TV gone, anyone have any suggestions for news channels in Chiang Mai on television? GMMZ seem to be trying really hard to lose their customers, you would think they would be trying to get more to pay for the Formula 1 licence agreement they have. I also will be gone at the end of the F! season.

I also have a mountain of boxes, Australian TV news gone, English TV news gone, and from previous boxes Al Jazeera gone, Russian TV gone, anyone have any suggestions for news channels in Chiang Mai on television? GMMZ seem to be trying really hard to lose their customers, you would think they would be trying to get more to pay for the Formula 1 licence agreement they have. I also will be gone at the end of the F! season.

Ah that is not quite right at all ..

English News

- BBC World in SD & HD free on satellite

- AJE Al Jazerra English News in SD free on satellite

- NHK HD World News - HD free on satellite

- CNAI SD free on satellite

- plus many many more free on satellite

I also have a mountain of boxes, Australian TV news gone, English TV news gone, and from previous boxes Al Jazeera gone, Russian TV gone, anyone have any suggestions for news channels in Chiang Mai on television? GMMZ seem to be trying really hard to lose their customers, you would think they would be trying to get more to pay for the Formula 1 licence agreement they have. I also will be gone at the end of the F! season.

Ah that is not quite right at all ..

English News

- BBC World in SD & HD free on satellite

- AJE Al Jazerra English News in SD free on satellite

- NHK HD World News - HD free on satellite

- CNAI SD free on satellite

- plus many many more free on satellite

More info needed, don't keep it all to yourself, when I have these up and running, with your help, then I will send you half the GMMZ fee every month.

Edited by paulchiangmai

who is keeping what to them selves? Take a minute to look at say this web site to learn more .. http://www.lyngsat.com/asia.html

I've looked at the web site but haven't learned more. Another clue please smile.png

Go to Lyngsat----Asiasat 7@ 105.5----tune a Cband dish to this satellite---input the Asiasat transponders for the channels --Aljazeera,Russia today, CNA, DW,NHK,VOA,--- all news channels in English,all FTA on any FTA set top box-- plus there is a excellent movie channel Lotus from Macau also in English most movies

who is keeping what to them selves? Take a minute to look at say this web site to learn more .. http://www.lyngsat.com/asia.html

I've looked at the web site but haven't learned more. Another clue please smile.png

Go to Lyngsat----Asiasat 7@ 105.5----tune a Cband dish to this satellite---input the Asiasat transponders for the channels --Aljazeera,Russia today, CNA, DW,NHK,VOA,--- all news channels in English,all FTA on any FTA set top box-- plus there is a excellent movie channel Lotus from Macau also in English most movies

Thanks - I presume this won't work with a ku band dish?

Have to say it has helped me jonci, I have been watching Sky on computer for better than an hour, most of the time perfect, just a few minutes buffering, now I need to transfer it to the telly. Thanks for you help.

Have to say it has helped me jonci, I have been watching Sky on computer for better than an hour, most of the time perfect, just a few minutes buffering, now I need to transfer it to the telly. Thanks for you help.

Am I missing something or are you watching it on youtube?

Same here, first Eurosport then Skynews went. Fox News I care less about, for a news channel at least, but it was good entertainment on rainy days.

Seems GMM-Z doesn't care too much about their non-Thai clients. Perhaps we should write them. I will.

Anyone know of other good options with a PSI dish?

Am I missing something or are you watching it on youtube?

No, not on youtube.

No, not on youtube.

Then I'm intrigued how a website about satellites helps you watch sky news on a computer, and how buffering could come into it. I'm hoping I'm missing a good way of getting sky news here!

I did reply a few hours ago but it does not appear to have gone through, I am a computer dummy however I followed jonci's instructions and have a near perfect picture, I am now watching Sky news about an hour in the morning and an hour at night, hard to fault it. The reason I say it is not on YouTube is because at the bottom of the picture it is giving me the option of viewing it on YouTube, I am not selecting that option. I presume buffering is when on only a couple of occasions the picture stops for a few sends and then resumes. In about four hours or so of viewing this catching up would add up to maybe twenty seconds.

Same here, first Eurosport then Skynews went. Fox News I care less about, for a news channel at least, but it was good entertainment on rainy days.

Seems GMM-Z doesn't care too much about their non-Thai clients. Perhaps we should write them. I will.

Anyone know of other good options with a PSI dish?

I phoned and complained at the loss of Eurosport and again when I learned Sky News was about to be chopped. I was told they are looking at replacement options for what is worth. When the rumoured upgrade of the village telephone cables happens I will be going over to IPTV for sure.