Selling Timeshare In Thailand

the other nigerian.

The other Nigerian..... Really how convenient.

In 15 years I never knew of let alone met a single Nigerian in TS

Non existent crappy prize

How can a non existent prize be crappy? Either it does not exist or it is crap being both is imposable, how can something that does not exist be anything? it does not exist……

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 15 years I never knew of let alone met a single Nigerian in TS

Who the hel_l would but a timeshare from a Nigerian! :o The success of the 419 scams is based on their reputation of corruption: they propose to scam their own government/bank/company/whatever and seek the suckers help in doing it. It takes a negative and turns it into a positive, but I don't see how it would help them sell timeshares.

In the end the 419 sucker really has only himself to blame for being greedy. But timeshare salesslime take advantage of people's dreams. And this (to my mind) makes them a lot worse than any 419 scammer.

I have a wealthy brother in law who has a time share. He is a smart guy and told me that he does enjoy his membership simply because he knows where he is going to stay and the condos are top shelf in great areas. He also says that they certainly are NOT a bargain and it is not likely he would ever be able to sell his membership. The only plus is that he does get to see many places in the world that he would never normally go to.

Dont know why, just buy YOUR own condo then sell off YOUR own timeshare. MAKES SENCE

To the OP, don't even think about it, unless you like scaming people that have worked hard, yes HARD, for their money and finally get re-tired and want to enjoy their hard earned pension. It could be your parents or better yet YOU when you turn 60.

ok it's simple..... TS works if you are a family who can plan a holiday at least 6 months in advance and your home resort is not a s*#thole that has been built on the cheap.... if you own at marriot, disney, sheraton etc you have the power to trade to any resort you want, when you want, worldwide, and you can stay in very exclusive accomodation on the cheap.... 12,000 Baht a week for a 3 bed villa (sleeps 6) at the laguna phuket for a week, is that value or not???....but that is only about 10% of members world wide.... 90% never really get value for money.

if you buy any product on emotion you usually regret it later TS or otherwise..... common sense really.

To the OP, don't even think about it, unless you like scaming people that have worked hard, yes HARD, for their money and finally get re-tired and want to enjoy their hard earned pension. It could be your parents or better yet YOU when you turn 60.

I got 1 week at Disney vacation for my parents 12 years ago on the cheap and they have used it every year since and enjoyed every holiday except one.... where the resort was rundown and it pi*#ed down all week. my last post said it all......

I have a wealthy brother in law who has a time share. He is a smart guy and told me that he does enjoy his membership simply because he knows where he is going to stay and the condos are top shelf in great areas. He also says that they certainly are NOT a bargain and it is not likely he would ever be able to sell his membership. The only plus is that he does get to see many places in the world that he would never normally go to.

Dont know why, just buy YOUR own condo then sell off YOUR own timeshare. MAKES SENCE

because you have the option to trade your resort for a resort elsewhere in the world for a small fee.....

And reading the posts here just goes to prove what I said before...... a lot of people have no idea what TS is but they all have an opinion based on hearsay and rumours....... used car salesmen are all crooks also aren’t they?, they must be because that is common knowledge.

Have you never known anybody who has brought a good used car from a salesman?

GET MY POINT?

If you don’t know your facts or have never had a personal experience why offer an opinion???? It makes you look ignorant and stupid.

And reading the posts here just goes to prove what I said before...... a lot of people have no idea what TS is but they all have an opinion based on hearsay and rumours....... used car salesmen are all crooks also aren’t they?, they must be because that is common knowledge.

Answer is NO.

Answer is NO.

This can only mean 1 of 4 things...

1. They don't have cars in Denmark (I know this cannot be true)

2. You don't know many people (maybe you are an ar%*hole and people don’t like you)

3. You are a liar

4. You just want to argue because you are not capable of having a sensible debate

Which one is it I wonder??? :o:D

SamuiJens I also noticed your profile says you are 56 ish and your hobby is women???? you sound like an intelligent man with real strong morals.........

So you saying that Im to old or what`? At least Im straight.

Have a good night defending "your job" ROFLOL!

PS; Im a widower, so what wrong with women? ANYONE.........................

because you have the option to trade your resort for a resort elsewhere in the world for a small fee.....

My brother in law gets a thick, high quality color magazine quarterly with all the condo complexes and the amenities they offer listed. They are all over the world. He decides where he wants to go and then emails his choices and the weeks that he wants. They answer back with the ones that are available. As I mentioned, it's no bargain but they enjoy the membership. They have had no complaints about the quality of the ones they have stayed at. Calling it a vacation club would be far more accurate then calling it a time share. I think it ends up costing him about $100 US per day.

At long last, this thread has got to the bottom of things.

Like the encyclopaedias that I sold in 1958 and which I told about in post #47, there is a good head, but a long tail of mediocrity and worse, in the timeshare business. (Which is a bit like foreign teachers in Thailand, too, come to think of it.)

I could have sold encyclopaedias to libraries with a clear conscience (head), but I was uneasy about selling to people who would really be wasting their money, because the volumes would just sit and never be used (mediocrity), and to make a reasonable amount of commission I would have to sell to a lot of people who really didn't have money to get bullshhitted into wasting (worse).

So I quit, as my conscience became too uneasy.

One of the great early successes of consumerism was Colman's Mustard. And, as a boy, I was taught not to take too much. "Mr Colman has made a fortune out of mustard. But not from what people have used. He has made it from what they have left on their plate", I was told.

And we have now knackered the planet by excessive consumerism.

Who has moral (care of the planet) right to come to Thailand to a Hilton timeshare in order to relax?

Only those for whom the Hilton is their relaxation-provider and for whom the Hiltons in Thailand are their nearest ones.

So that good 'head' of timeshare is a very small one.

All the rest that are sold (98%?) should lie on the conscience of the salesmen and the resort developers.

And some say that they will be answerable on Judgment Day.

My brother in law gets a thick, high quality color magazine quarterly with all the condo complexes and the amenities they offer listed. They are all over the world. He decides where he wants to go and then emails his choices and the weeks that he wants. They answer back with the ones that are available. As I mentioned, it's no bargain but they enjoy the membership. They have had no complaints about the quality of the ones they have stayed at. Calling it a vacation club would be far more accurate then calling it a time share. I think it ends up costing him about $100 US per day.

This is much the same as the company I am a member of , in conjunction with the purchase of the time share at View Talay Villas.

You know that the place you can exchange to will not be a dump,you get what you pay for.

The time share wasn,t cheap,though.

Only gripe with this particular company(Interval International) is that there are not so many places to exchange with in Asia compared to the huge amount in the USA.However,new places are being introduced all the time.

Cheers

Comparing time share thieves with car salesmen

Yes thieves, a car salesperson doesn’t follow you down the street with a scratch card and get you to the office for three hours promising you the world.

A car salesperson lets you look at what you’re buying, test the seating, test drive the car.

Car sales have their expertise and methods of selling and sell their product as all salespeople do, to anyone.

Time share target the elderly and with the other scum that target the elderly, robbing their savings, without missing a seconds sleep want flogging.

I do know that there are reputable T/S companies but I have never seen one.

Quite right, 'thaiquila', we don't judge sharks, because sharks aren't born with the ability to judge between good and evil in their actions; and to judge on many combinations of the two, from white through the greys to black.

Nor are they equipped with a conscience, which is a brain trigger to alert them to the requirement to exercise that ability to judge between good and evil in their actions.

My mother dinned it into me that I should "listen to that little voice in you, that tells you whether you are doing right or wrong".

In the present state of a planet that is sorely wounded by our excess consumerism, I think we should see unnecessary air and land travel as wrong.

That is, we should see air and land travel where the dis-benefits outweigh the benefits to society as wrong.

And for each of our contemplated journeys, we should weigh up where the balance lies, and act according to what our consciences tell us when we have done that.

But timeshare is a pressure to overdo the unnecessary travel. So selling time-share is anti-social and wrong.

I think that I am a bit more optimistic than you profess to be, in that I have faith that there is still a human heart, and mind, and conscience in the 'shark' of a timeshare salesman and he should be encouraged to, and then maybe will, repent.

I worked in TS for 15 years and made some good coin while seeing the world for free..... 95% of the posts here are full of S*^T.... yes you can get a work permit if you are any good and no it is not illegal in LOS and has never been..... but as expected everyone has a third hand story about a friend of a friend and no real facts...... but you get used to that when you work in the industry.

:o:D:D

I have seen a work permit issued in Bangkok to a time share seller. Reading Thai I can assure you that document was totally fraudulent. They had paid or owned another company " a legal profession for foreigners" to list him as their employee. The poor fellow had no idea and had never even heard of the place or the job after 8 months. That seems to be the way it is often done for the "big sellers". The others dont get anything and have to do visa runs as they dont merit the expense. daaa dont take my word for it read the newspaper. "time share selling is not on the approved govt list of activities for foreigners." Hey call the visa office in bangkok".

I think that I am a bit more optimistic than you profess to be, in that I have faith that there is still a human heart, and mind, and conscience in the 'shark' of a timeshare salesman and he should be encouraged to, and then maybe will, repent.

You got that right, bub. Very white of you.

Have you ever sat through one of their "presentations"?

I get a kick out of baiting the timeshare scammers when on holiday in Pattaya & Phuket.

Pretend like you're an easy mark and get them to call you at the hotel with a wrong room number. When they eventually get the right room number , ask them to call back later. Keep repeating that for awhile and wasting their time.

Then when you're ready, find out where their offices are (for use later) and ask constant annoying questions so they keep having to repeat themselves but always appear to be just on "the edge" of an office visit or being sold on it.

When they start getting tired of you and realise their not going to make a sale, launch into a tirade of verbale abuse ( "you're the scum of the earth etc). Normally they'll abuse you right back and show their true colors. Threaten to call the tourist police and hang up (this gets rid of them quick smart).

Next, ring up their boss or visit the office. Explain that you were on the verge of making a big purchase and telling all your friends to do the same but you were insulted by the salesman.

Loads of fun.

Some people have strange ways to use up there holiday time while in LOL. Obviously nothing better to do with there time !

Sad man !! :o

ho hum

this thread is like a conversation on religion or politics. Those people thinking TS is all bad are never going to change their thinking. I know the industry reasonably well having worked at the 2 exrtremes, in one rip off and in one top of the line organisation, where the staff even bought their own product!

So, I KNOW there is good and bad. But of course news is always about the bad.

Simple question, why if they are ALL a scam why would intelligent people from all walks of life (not just the doddering oldtimers Mr Jones thinks are targetted)buy additional weeks at the same resort on different occasion having already experienced used their existing one?

Also, why do Owners of timeshare send friends and family to see for themselves if it was all so terrible?

Its really the low end marketing and low end sales people that give the product a bad name. The timeshare product itself is fantastic for many poeple who bought a reputable one.

ho hum

Simple question, why if they are ALL a scam why would intelligent people from all walks of life (not just the doddering oldtimers Mr Jones thinks are targetted)buy additional weeks at the same resort on different occasion having already experienced used their existing one?

I said

Time share target the elderly and with the other scum that target the elderly, robbing their savings, without missing a seconds sleep want flogging.

I guess the negative people wont bother but check out the below page to see some of the advantages. It is not one hotel room verus one hotel room. You get a lot more for your money.

For those really clever mathematicians who say it is for stupid people tell that to the vice chaiman of Citibank ( its a very big bank) who joined with myself after doing discounted cash flows etc!

Its not for scuzzy backpackers or pauperous retirees or english teachers, its for those people who may spend $5-700 upto 500 per room per night on hotels worldwide.

And good timeshares dont target the elderly because the financial reason to buy is missing making it a much harder sale.

I would rather have a family of 4-6 who usually stay in 2 hotel rooms (2X 200 usd per night) because in this case the financial benfits are obvious even to someone of limitled nntelligence...Ja$#@d? Though many older people choose to buy because it is a good way to holiday with their grown up children and more relevantly their grand children.

/edit - links removed.

Edited by Totster

I guess the negative people wont bother but check out the below page to see some of the advantages. It is not one hotel room verus one hotel room. You get a lot more for your money.

For those really clever mathematicians who say it is for stupid people tell that to the vice chaiman of Citibank ( its a very big bank) who joined with myself after doing discounted cash flows etc!

Its not for scuzzy backpackers or pauperous retirees or english teachers, its for those people who may spend $5-700 upto 500 per room per night on hotels worldwide.

And good timeshares dont target the elderly because the financial reason to buy is missing making it a much harder sale.

I would rather have a family of 4-6 who usually stay in 2 hotel rooms (2X 200 usd per night) because in this case the financial benfits are obvious even to someone of limitled nntelligence...Ja$#@d? Though many older people choose to buy because it is a good way to holiday with their grown up children and more relevantly their grand children.

Hey, stevespiral, or as you now call yourself loveitalot.

Your spamming alot, would be a better handel, your last pargraph gave you away, a mad crazed view point when you don't get your way.But hey, maybe we are "SCUZZY backpackers and/or pauperous retirees. AND by the way those links(SPAM) have Nothing to Do With Thailand.

Don't have a temper tandrom, like all TC sellers do when we say NO!

Firstly, i am new to the posting thing so i didnt realise putting a link up was spam if that is the case, but ill bet a hundred quid samui didnt read any coz he might have to think a little about the subject being discussed,....

'

And how does my last paragraph give me away?? Im confused, to me it shows me that the product is going to be best suited to certain groups who normally spend a lot on accommodation and therefore that would be a better prospect. If you mean my reference to backpackers and retirees you fell into my little trap as i hoped.....

the point is, people are generalising on this thread and saying all timeshare is a rip of and all people who buy or sell are sleazy, stupid (in the case of buyers) or cheats...which is no doubt insulting those people reading who have timeshare, have sold timeshare or is calling the brothers or fathers, mothers of readers, stupid for having bought one.

My oint is there is good and bad, the same as there are good and bad backpackers and retirees, i was one and at some point will be the other.

No temper tantrum from me as I know 9 out of 10 people you see in TS sales , 7-9 will say no....that life in any sales job and not everyone gets agressive if they have a good product and confidence in what they do. I made plenty of money from the 2-3 who say yes and then send along their friends and family to buy.

We would hardly expect someone IN the timeshare Biz to say that theywere ALL scammers .....

Thats my point.... JD this thread is pointless because people have fixed viewpoints...because what you are really saying is that you are not interesting in listening to anyone who has experience of the industry...very balanced and mature...why has nt anyonre responded to why people buy more weeks and send friends and family to buy (at the decent ones)....?

Could it be because the some actually work out well??? We would want to change our thinking now would we....