has anyone tried the new agency at Bkk Immigration for EDUCATION VISA guarantee ?

i go to an ENglish school where we used to get 3 mths extensions at Bkk immigration.. (but in the last few months, almost everyone in my school has started to get just 1 month).

and now (suddenly) .. as if by magic.. an AGENCY has set-up (which you pay an EXTRA 2000 baht to) via the language school which will Guarantee 2 and a half months extension,, (rather than one month extension which is now becomming the norm).

my question is:

Has anyone tried this agency yet?

and,, has anyone got 3 months WITHOUT the agency IN THE LAST WEEK OR TWO ?

maybe some schools are more blacklisted than others at immigration... (but at my school in Asoke) Everyone is getting 1 mth only (unless we choose to go via the agency).

Can anyone else add to this infomation with any direct experience ? Thank you.

What you say is not new. it is known already that paying about Bt 5,000 gives you a 90 days extension. There are many threads about that.

You can decide if you want to submit yourself to extortion every three months or go get a double entry tourist visa in Laos that allow you to stay and study at your own pace, for a lesser cost and no hassle.

What you say is not new. it is known already that paying about Bt 5,000 gives you a 90 days extension. There are many threads about that.

You can decide if you want to submit yourself to extortion every three months or go get a double entry tourist visa in Laos that allow you to stay and study at your own pace, for a lesser cost and no hassle.

I have heard about the 5000 baht extension,, (but I thought this was in Pattaya).. and NOT in bangkok.

i was under the impression that (for Bangkok immigration) this is a NEW thing. (or am I wrong?)

BUT: most importantly,, (unless something has changed) I CAN NOT GET DOUBLE ENTRIES any more in Laos, coz Tourists are no longer allowed to do Back-to-back Tourist visas. (and I risk getting rejected when I return to Thailand).

or, has something changed?

I have heard about the 5000 baht extension,, (but I thought this was in Pattaya).. and NOT in bangkok.

i was under the impression that (for Bangkok immigration) this is a NEW thing. (or am I wrong?)BUT: most importantly,, (unless something has changed) I CAN NOT GET DOUBLE ENTRIES any more in Laos, coz Tourists are no longer allowed to do Back-to-back Tourist visas. (and I risk getting rejected when I return to Thailand).

As mentioned before, not a new thing.

Also, double entry tourist visa have been always available in Laos, as well back-to-back entry on tourist visa.

i was under the impression that (for Bangkok immigration) this is a NEW thing. (or am I wrong?)BUT: most importantly,, (unless something has changed) I CAN NOT GET DOUBLE ENTRIES any more in Laos, coz Tourists are no longer allowed to do Back-to-back Tourist visas. (and I risk getting rejected when I return to Thailand).

Also, double entry tourist visa have been always available in Laos, as well back-to-back entry on tourist visa.

@ Paz: i was doing tourist visas (back-to-back) for the past 8 years... and the switched to the Education Visa because the Thai Immigration was clamping down on the back-to-back tourist visas.

I am aware that Vientiane will issue a double-entry Tourist visa... BUT immigration wont let me in after a couple of double entries...

- together with the hassle needing a new "clean/fresh" passport every year or two, i decided to switch to Education Visa.

I dont really understand why you are saying that "back-to-back entries are still fine".

from my (and all my friends experience), the immigration has definitely clamped-down on it. or are you saying that they have no reverted back and stopped the clamping down?

are you saying that back-to-back tourist visas are now back to how they used to be (a few years back) ?

if anyone else here in this forum could add to this.. (because I am confused from what "Paz" is telling me)

@ Paz: i was doing tourist visas (back-to-back) for the past 8 years... and the switched to the Education Visa because the Thai Immigration was clamping down on the back-to-back tourist visas.

I am aware that Vientiane will issue a double-entry Tourist visa... BUT immigration wont let me in after a couple of double entries...

- together with the hassle needing a new "clean/fresh" passport every year or two, i decided to switch to Education Visa.

I dont really understand why you are saying that "back-to-back entries are still fine".

from my (and all my friends experience), the immigration has definitely clamped-down on it. or are you saying that they have no reverted back and stopped the clamping down?

are you saying that back-to-back tourist visas are now back to how they used to be (a few years back) ?

if anyone else here in this forum could add to this.. (because I am confused from what "Paz" is telling me)

I don't know about your experience, but there has been no "clampdown" ever on back-to-back tourist visa. Nothing had happened and nothing has changed. You can read this forum and you will see that there are no reports, nobody has been denied entry with a tourist visa. One can be asked to show Bt 20,000 in cash as the regulations allows, but that's all.

However a policy was made in May last year to prevent back-to-back visa exempt entries. You can read about it:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/725053-final-crackdown-for-border-runners-new-strict-immigration-regulation-in-force-from-today/

Since then the policy may have been slightly relaxed however it not possible to stay continuously in Thailand on visa exempt. Tourist or other type of visa are OK.

Edited by paz

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I understand that Vientiane will issue up to three back-to-back double entry tourist visas, then deny the next application.

However, this is apparently local policy, and if the fourth application is done at another embassy/consulate, it will break the pattern, allowing you to again use Vientiane for the fifth application.

That's how I understand it, but the experts will be able to verify that later.

People are denied entry if too many visa exempt stamps.

If you hold a valid Tourist Visa you will always be allowed entry.

Theoretically Vientiane/Laos can issue unlimited Tourist Visa as long as you show funds coming from abroad and have proof of residence. But after 4 times they usually stop you.

In that case you can go once to Savannkhet/Laos for another Double Entry

or go to Phnom Penh, use agent, to get a Single Entry or fly to Bali to get a triple or back to a Western Home country.

After a while your passport will be full anyway, so get a new passport and you can go back to Vientiane/Laos to start allover.

i was under the impression that (for Bangkok immigration) this is a NEW thing. (or am I wrong?)

BUT: most importantly,, (unless something has changed) I CAN NOT GET DOUBLE ENTRIES any more in Laos, coz Tourists are no longer allowed to do Back-to-back Tourist visas. (and I risk getting rejected when I return to Thailand).

Yes you are correct ; For a while extortion was only happening in Pattaya

Now some BKK schools are too being targeted.

It's not an agency though, it's immigration's corruption at its worst and trying to squeeze more money out of students.

You have been doing back to back tourist visas for 8 years, so I won't insult you in telling you, you are confusing tourist visa and visa exempts.

Having said this, it is new to me also that people are getting turned down by immigration after a couple a tourist visas back to back, although I am not surprised and anybody with any sense should see it coming.

Thank you for telling us, now we know.

Yes you are correct ; For a while extortion was only happening in Pattaya

Now some BKK schools are too being targeted.

It's not an agency though, it's immigration's corruption at its worst and trying to squeeze more money out of students.

You have been doing back to back tourist visas for 8 years, so I won't insult you in telling you, you are confusing tourist visa and visa exempts.

Having said this, it is new to me also that people are getting turned down by immigration after a couple a tourist visas back to back, although I am not surprised and anybody with any sense should see it coming.

Thank you for telling us, now we know.

i am so very confused at what people are saying in this topic:

it seems that everyone is saying that Tourist Visas are unaffected and 'same as they always have been'. and that it is the Visa-Exempts which are affected.

Me and my close friends have been doing double-entry TOURIST visas (for 8 years). and the whole reason we switched to ED visas was because of the new ruling last august which INCLUDED Tourist Visas AND Visa-Exemptions (BOTH).

here is a copy & paste from an old forum:

"From August 13, people will not be able to re-enter the country, regardless of their choice of transport... The Immigration Bureau has already instructed officials to deny entry to foreigners doing visa runs as a measure to stop the exploitation of tourist visas and visa exemptions to live or work here".

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/742834-no-more-thai-visa-runs-immigration-will-not-let-visa-runners-return-after-aug-12/

and this:

Even those on valid tourist visas may be denied entry if immigration officials suspect feel they are spending too long in the country or working illegally.

.... “Every immigration post on land borders and at airports now has the same rules,” said Pol Col Sanchai Chokkayaikij, Superintendent of the Phuket Immigration Office, according toThe Phuket News. “If they are genuine tourists that’s fine. But if we believe they are not tourists, they will not be readmitted into Thailand. We can see [from their passport stamps] if a foreigner has stayed in Thailand too long [on tourist visas]. We will not let them in.”

http://asiancorrespondent.com/124798/visa-enforcement-tightens-for-tourists-and-expats-in-thailand/

i PERSONALLY had one friend REJECTED on the 2nd section of his double-entry tourist visa (last August). so why is everyone in this forum insisting on saying that Tourist Visas were unaffected ??? (my friend that was rejected did the Vientiane thing and was out of thailand for about 3 days).

Cant any of you guys remember reading stories in Thai Visa last year about lots of people getting DENIED at Suvarnabhumi Airport Immigration? (even though they had valid Tourist Visas in their passports).

or, cant you remember stories about people complaining that Embassies were issuing Tourist Visas to people and they run the risk of getting rejected when they arrive to Suvarnabhumi ?

so,, why is everyone in this forum insisting that Tourist Visas are (or were) not affected ?????

i PERSONALLY had one friend REJECTED on the 2nd section of his double-entry tourist visa (last August). so why is everyone in this forum insisting on saying that Tourist Visas were unaffected ??? (my friend that was rejected did the Vientiane thing and was out of thailand for about 3 days).

Which nationality he/she is? Some were targeted harder. Most likely he was suspected to be working illegally in Thailand, or could not show Bt 20,000 cash.

Cant any of you guys remember reading stories in Thai Visa last year about lots of people getting DENIED at Suvarnabhumi Airport Immigration? (even though they had valid Tourist Visas in their passports).

or, cant you remember stories about people complaining that Embassies were issuing Tourist Visas to people and they run the risk of getting rejected when they arrive to Suvarnabhumi ?

Which stories? Where?

so,, why is everyone in this forum insisting that Tourist Visas are (or were) not affected ?????

Simply because they were not affected. People is very quick in reporting immigration issues here - but there were no reports. This forum gains nothing from hiding the truth - actually the opposite.

Edited by paz

Not everyone is reporting their visa troubles on Thai Visa. It is quite possible that some people, may be a few (just a beginning of a new trend) with TOURIST VISA has been denied entry and did not report it here.

Yes it it's not what the laws says, but there has been so many examples of immigrations making up their own rules regardless of what the actual law says that it would not be surprising that this actually happened.

What sense would there be in treating ED Visa holders like criminals, if they could be given a virginity by just dropping the ED Visa and switching back to tourist Visa ? Why would they scream at us to leave THEIR COUNTY (happened to me) at Chaeng Wattana and grant you a new life by letting you enter Thailand just because you're back on tourist visa?

Do you think immigration does not know most ex ED visa holders are back on tourists visas, since the ED visa crackdown? Do you think they will let these people stay just because they changed visa? They clearly don't want people staying here long time, without paying fees other visas are paying (30k fee for working visa + work for 4 thai nationals) or people that don't bring enough money like a constant renewal of Chinese tourists on 2 weeks package holidays do.

I think it is now safe to say that anyone staying more than 3 months here, either on ED Visa or tourist visa will be soon treated like dirt pond.

I believe her.

Edited by Kitsune
  • Like 1

I have seen more questioning at borders & been questioned myself since start of clamp down on visa exempt. Nothing may of been officially said on tourist clamp down but the officers at borders seem be picking out people on 2 or 3 & asking a few questions or evidence of how you support yourself whether that 20K baht or other depends on how it plays out.

Happened to me late november & first time in 10 years ever been questioned or expected to have 20K in my pocket & was not using visa exempt.

Things can be a bit stricter but not every border or every day, best being prepared though. expect the unexpected & trust your own instincts & not everything you here in a bar or read in a forum .

Edited by BuckBee
  • Like 2

Nothing may of been officially said on tourist clamp down ....

just a quick note: you mentioned that Nothing has been said about Tourist Visas (by immigration).

but i was under the impression that Everything has been said (by immigration) about Tourist Visas (in conjunction with Exempt Visas).

this is from immigration: (mentioned above already).

"From August 13, people will not be able to re-enter the country, regardless of their choice of transport... The Immigration Bureau has already instructed officials to deny entry to foreigners doing visa runs as a measure to stop the exploitation of tourist visas and visa exemptions to live or work here".

http://www.thaivisa....n-after-aug-12/

and this:

Even those on valid tourist visas may be denied entry if immigration officials suspect feel they are spending too long in the country or working illegally.

.... “Every immigration post on land borders and at airports now has the same rules,” said Pol Col Sanchai Chokkayaikij, Superintendent of the Phuket Immigration Office, according toThe Phuket News. “If they are genuine tourists that’s fine. But if we believe they are not tourists, they will not be readmitted into Thailand. We can see [from their passport stamps] if a foreigner has stayed in Thailand too long [on tourist visas]. We will not let them in.”

http://asiancorrespo...ts-in-thailand/

just a quick note: you mentioned that Nothing has been said about Tourist Visas (by immigration).

but i was under the impression that Everything has been said (by immigration) about Tourist Visas (in conjunction with Exempt Visas).

and this:

That is known.. The point is that as of today there is many people doing back-to-back tourist visa, with no problems reported.

Can't predict the future, but nothing is happening now.

and this:

Had not seen that in immigration reports but backs up & explains why there is a bit more hassle at times at some entry points & also backs what I seen, experienced & a few reports on here. I was questioned on working here although work in Singapore & was using existing valid visa for entry to thailand for nothing more than social reasons.

and this:

That is all outdated misinformation, If you read it the people making those statements were all low ranking immigration officers that had no basis for their statements.

Everything has settled out now and clarified. The entire crackdown was on visa exempt entries not tourist visas.;

and this:

That is all outdated misinformation, If you read it the people making those statements were all low ranking immigration officers that had no basis for their statements.

Everything has settled out now and clarified. The entire crackdown was on visa exempt entries not tourist visas.;

ok. I understand you now.

(i was in confusion).

so,, basically, (as someone said earlier), they are making it harder and harder for people to STUDY thai language, but all these people that didnt mind studying Thai, will now have an EASIER RIDE if they Dont study thai and just be a normal Tourist.

seems a bit silly.

so,, basically, (as someone said earlier), they are making it harder and harder for people to STUDY thai language, but all these people that didnt mind studying Thai, will now have an EASIER RIDE if they Dont study thai and just be a normal Tourist.

seems a bit silly.

well when you put it like that, lol, yeah its very silly. go get a tourist visa and if you still want to learn thai buy the book "Thai for Beginners" it costs 199 baht and save yourself 60K baht or so :D

ok. I understand you now.

(i was in confusion).

seems a bit silly.

The number of tourists is falling every year, so we shall not scare them away.

They are just trying to get rid of the ed/tourist visa long stayers while keeping an open smile to future high spenders holiday packagers.

Only "quality tourists" are welcomed now.

Edited by Kitsune

C'mon folks. I agree with the people that are surprised that we can supposedly now get back-to-back tourist visas again, and only people who are paying a shitload of baht and taking the trouble to learn the language are targeted and extorted. The only possible advantage to doing the Ed visa as of now if that you only have to leave the country every 6 months instead of 3, but even that is not guaranteed. The original post on this forum, titled, " Final crackdown for border runners" was presented with utmost seriousness by a "global moderator" and there are over 40 pages of responses, including over 1,000 comments.

That was NOT a little thing.

There was also a crackdown on people on volunteer visas, and I personally know three people, and head about others, who were kicked out of the country because immigration refused to honor their visas. Naturally, I got the impression that the crackdown was across the board (a weakness I have for seeing logic where there is none in Thailand).

I got on the stinking Ed visa BECAUSE of all the notifications here about the crackdown on tourist visas (though, I also wanted to learn the language, and did). And then, immediately after I got the condemnable Ed-visa, they changed all the rules. And then they changed them again. And again.

Now we hear that it was just low-ranking immigration officers making those claims, and it was really all a ball of fluff?

One thing that ISN'T a ball of fluff is the shit-storm people on Ed visas have to go through, including double the hours of lessons, and double the cost of tuition. On top of that you have to leave the country twice as often (uh, since they made you have to leave after a year early on, instead of just extending in country), and there are a lot of reports here of people being treated poorly by immigration, like criminals because they are trying to learn the language.

As someone said, it just doesn't make sense to go after Ed-visa holders like they are vermin, while letting multiple tourist visa holders slide, especially after all the hard-ass language and announcements about cracking down on tourist visas. I can't imagine why anyone would get an Ed-visa NOW (I got mine BEFORE they changed all the rules), when, if they want to learn the language, they would be better off just studying at the same school on a tourist visa. For example, you only need to do eight hours of rote learning in order to be on the Ed visa, whereas you could study at a reasonable pace if you are on a tourist visa.

Edited by just plain different