Can a Kawasaki dealer do regular service on an import ?

wowjudo

Hello

My friend that was searching for his "perfect" bike has found his answer. the 2014 zx-14r

now he lives in chiang rai and i told him that the kawasaki dealer there maybe would not have enough knowledge to service the bike.

regular service like oil change, filter etc

Would be awful for him to truck it everytime to redbaron in bkk

if somebody knows a good store in chiang mai we would be willing to go there everytime we needed service (since my bike is from there aswell)

There aren't many easier sportbikes to change the oil on than a ZX-14R- no fairings have to be removed, and you can access the filter and drain plug with the bike on the side-stand with a 4" ratchet extension- you'll need a couple sockets and a torque wrench. I do my own service as far as oil changes, chain adjustments, etc go, and I'm just a competent wrench and nothing special- any mechanic with the tools could do it if your friend can't manage it, and considering Kawi Thailand sells it, it shouldn't be a problem for them.

Edited by RubberSideDown

There aren't many easier sportbikes to change the oil on than a ZX-14R- no fairings have to be removed, and you can access the filter and drain plug with the bike on the side-stand with a 4" ratchet extension- you'll need a couple sockets and a torque wrench. I do my own service as far as oil changes, chain adjustments, etc go, and I'm just a competent wrench and nothing special- any mechanic with the tools could do it if your friend can't manage it, and considering Kawi Thailand sells it, it shouldn't be a problem for them.

sorry i just noticed i made a typo

meant to say 2014 zx-10r

sorry about this

Then no, Kawi likely won't service a 2014 it as they won't have parts on hand- they probably wouldn't even have a service manual- they sold the ZX-10R (restricted version) a few years ago, but not the current generation. He could try the Piston Shop in Chiang Mai- I have no personal experience, but I've read mostly good reports about them (though they're probably hit-and-miss like most other shops).

Is the bike still on warranty ? Does it need servicing as per service manual at a Kawa dealer to maintain that warranty ?

If not, there is a good mechanic next door to Brit Bike. I had him do work on my HD, and service and prices very good.

North East corner inside the moat.

ah i see and will let him know about the shop in chiang mai. thanks @ RSD

@Seedy

he will get it from RedBaronBKK. I believe they offer a warranty. http://www.redbaronbkk.com/products/item.php?id=150110-0000758 he will down 50% and pay the rest within 1 year

But since we live in Chiangrai we can get it serviced in Chiang Mai at most. Bangkok is just too far away (but if there would be a big problem we would bring it back to redbaron ofc)

I assume the mechanic that is next to brit bike is located in bangkok right ?