Tax Sticker Fine in Pattaya ?

Spellforce

Somewhat related question... what papers do you need to carry with you on your motorcycle or car? Obviously a proper drivers license and up to date tax sticker, but what about the registration paper that comes with the sticker, proof of insurance, etc.?

I carry tax disc, insurance/registration paper (one in the same that you have to renew when renewing your tax disc), and a copy of all the current pages from your ownership book (green book).

Thanks for the response. I've only been stopped once in Phuket for the sticker but will make sure I have all documentation. They tend to focus on helmets here.

Somewhat related question... what papers do you need to carry with you on your motorcycle or car? Obviously a proper drivers license and up to date tax sticker, but what about the registration paper that comes with the sticker, proof of insurance, etc.?

I carry tax disc, insurance/registration paper (one in the same that you have to renew when renewing your tax disc), and a copy of all the current pages from your ownership book (green book).

Thanks for the response. I've only been stopped once in Phuket for the sticker but will make sure I have all documentation. They tend to focus on helmets here.

Unfortunately they probably focus on whatever makes a quick buck. But they want to see pages of the green book to ascertain the bike doesn't have a stolen license plate I guess. Not sure the importance of seeing the ownership papers because actually anyone could be permitted to ride another person's bike even if they don't own it. But one time I was in Pattaya a few years back and I had original purchased my bike in Pattaya, then eventually changed my license plates to Bangkok plates and re-registered the bike in Bangkok. When I did that I forgot to photocopy the new pages from my green book showing the registration change. So when I got pulled over in a money making road block they asked to see all my papers and the license plate on my bike didn't match the information in my ownership papers since the photocopies still showed the license plate info of the Pattaya plates which were no longer on the bike. That caused a bit of a fuss.

I rarely get stopped though because I usually drive very late at night in Bangkok these days when most of the police aren't out. There is an occasional road block on the weekends checking for drunk drivers, but I normally just get waved through. I haven't actually been asked for my papers or anything in quite a long time, but I always carry it all in a zip lock bag on my person so I can pull it out quickly if ever questioned.