Israeli leader backtracks from Palestinian state opposition

webfact

You're a laugh, Netanyahu. A spineless fascist. A flip-flopper. A liar.

I wonder how long this government will last before it's dissolved. Surely the citizens will not stand for this liar's deceits any more.

Your simply calling Netanyahu a politician. There is nothing remarkable above and your criticisms could be levied against any politician in the west.

But yes, this newest government may not stand long. Talking to many an Israeli, their concerns are not Palestinians but rather corruption, economic inequality, and the long term impact of global warming and rising seas over their limited and low lying coastal domains.

You're a laugh, Netanyahu. A spineless fascist. A flip-flopper. A liar.

I wonder how long this government will last before it's dissolved. Surely the citizens will not stand for this liar's deceits any more.

Your simply calling Netanyahu a politician. There is nothing remarkable above and your criticisms could be levied against any politician in the west.

But yes, this newest government may not stand long. Talking to many an Israeli, their concerns are not Palestinians but rather corruption, economic inequality, and the long term impact of global warming and rising seas over their limited and low lying coastal domains.

Where I come from (the"West"), any politician caught lying a fraction of the number of times this bald-faced corrupt disgrace has, he would be selling encyclopedias door to door by now. His political longevity is what is remarkable.

I believe you about the Israelis and their concerns.....so why did that not show at the ballot box? They made their bed, now they'll have to lie in it.

They have the proportional electoral system in NZ, too. The people quickly learnt about strategic voting, whereby you might not necessarily vote for your choice, rather circumstances (based on observing the polls) may suggest you vote for either your least choice's closest rival, or your first choice's closest ally. Because of the 3.5% threshold, and inching over that gets a party in with X number of seats.

• Like 1

The truth of Israel's intentions can no longer be hidden or explained away:

In my quarter century as Washington correspondent for Jewish newspapers, I frequently defended Israel against charges that it had created an apartheid system in the West Bank. But this week's election, with Benjamin Netanyahu poised to serve another term with an even more hardline coalition, means that apartheid is the path Israeli voters have chosen. The inevitable results will include even greater international isolation for the Jewish state, a boost to efforts to apply boycotts and sanctions, diminished support from American Jews and endlessly intensifying cycles of violence.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/810297-israeli-leader-backtracks-from-palestinian-state-opposition/page-3#entry9213167

Except that view is a total stranger to facts. Prior to the Election Likud had 19 seats and the two parties to the right of Likud had 25 seats. After the election Likud rose to 30 and the two parties right of Likud fell to 13 seats. Netanyahu has strengthened his hand at the expense of the far right, not the left.

For anyone not so blinkered as to be taken in by election rhetoric Netanyahu is actually in a stronger position to strike any peace deal that may emerge, though I'm not holding my breath on this one.

So, the extreme right has lost significant support, and those two parties combined with Likud have lost a seat. The shift to the left is happening.

I feel sure that with Netanyahu's limp-wristed flipflop he will have lost even more support now. The right will see him as untrustworthy.