3BB fiber to the home.. Can you stream TV ?

LivinLOS

I live on the Mukdahan, Roi-et, Kalasin, border, in the middle of nowhere, I have TOT winet, when it works I get about a 3 mbps download and less than 1 upload. It will stream some YouTube, but that's about it. Unfortunately it quite often doesn't work, especially on weekends. CAT has just come to my village and strung fiber cable to my house, they come back in three days to hook it up. I am very exited, I understand I will get 15 mbps for ฿800 per month. I might even be able to use Skype.

I live on the Mukdahan, Roi-et, Kalasin, border, in the middle of nowhere, I have TOT winet, when it works I get about a 3 mbps download and less than 1 upload. It will stream some YouTube, but that's about it. Unfortunately it quite often doesn't work, especially on weekends. CAT has just come to my village and strung fiber cable to my house, they come back in three days to hook it up. I am very exited, I understand I will get 15 mbps for ฿800 per month. I might even be able to use Skype.

Why cat bring fiber (or DSLAM Box) to your village? They usually don't give a fug about villages and does not expand their reach even in Bangkok.

Anyway, congrats, you're going to get best internet service in Thailand.

My 3bb fttx with strong vpn streams Netflix flawlessly. with true cable it was ok but things like YouTube in a decent quality always buffered. With fttx youtube, Netflix work perfect and xbmc work good. Xbmc is not perfect and i really dont know if its a fttx issue but i watch it daily with very few issues.

Was along to 3BB for a signup yesterday and they tried the 6 months deposit guff on me.. Despite me talking only in Thai (about the limit of my Thai but didnt need to fall back to english) showing where I was in the house many years, and a signed tabien baan copy from my landlady saying I am 100% authorised to manage the house accounts and connections.

Fact is it was a youngish female underling who couldnt get her boss on the phone.. Promised a call back but I refused the 6 months up front deposit out of hand. I know they can if they want to.

Hopefully its just the case that its an out of town office and scared of the big white monkey.. Will see if I ever get my call.

Was along to 3BB for a signup yesterday and they tried the 6 months deposit guff on me.. Despite me talking only in Thai (about the limit of my Thai but didnt need to fall back to english) showing where I was in the house many years, and a signed tabien baan copy from my landlady saying I am 100% authorised to manage the house accounts and connections.

Fact is it was a youngish female underling who couldnt get her boss on the phone.. Promised a call back but I refused the 6 months up front deposit out of hand. I know they can if they want to.

Hopefully its just the case that its an out of town office and scared of the big white monkey.. Will see if I ever get my call.

I posted about this issue but since the link was in thai a mod deleted it. Anyway have your gf or wife do a search as there was a news article saying this is a illegal practice in Thailand.

If its not funny cat or dog videos my wife wont find it bless her..

But I am hopeful it can all be resolved with a smile.. I get that tourists and short termers probably make a lot of problems, and I also get that she was a junior in the office and they might not get that many farangs walking in without a wife doing middleman duty.

On the call back I am less hopeful. Some things you just have to accept.

Why cat bring fiber (or DSLAM Box) to your village? They usually don't give a fug about villages and does not expand their reach even in Bangkok.

Anyway, congrats, you're going to get best internet service in Thailand.

I really have no idea, why CAT came here, we are not on the main track to anywhere, and a long way from a population centre of any sort, only maybe 300 houses in our village. I have a friend who lives in a village quite close to existing CAT fibre cable, he signed up for it and they said 6 months, after 9 he gave up and got 3BBB regular cable. I am feeling very lucky, can't wait for them to hook it up on Friday. We have no phone line in our village, but now we have fiber internet.