Which Grundfos unit to buy?

BigT73

Hi all,

I have recently completed my reno, and low and behold my water pressure isnt quite adequate for a washing machine. I can just have a shower but if another tap is turned on there goes all the water. I have all new plumbing so blockage isnt a issue.

I have read most of the forum about water pumps and most relate to houses. I would like to install mine in my water cabinet on level 15, so the head pressure isnt a issue, but I am unsure if the pump needs to have alot of suction to get more water up?

The unit I am looking at is CMB3-46PT, the info says it has a suction lift of 8mtres, but what I can gather its for a well. I have posted a pic to sum up what I am trying to accomplish.

post-234860-0-45167700-1426919111_thumb.

I went to body corp wanting 3/4 inch or larger up to my room and footing the bill myself their response was to get a pump. I am not sure if this pipe is directly from the street or a large manifold system pipe?

Is it possible to install a water tank somewhere inside your condo? if so, you can just use the existing (slow) mains to fill it, then use a pump to your taps. In this scenario a small/cheap pump would do fine.

Pumping the mains like you're suggesting is very hard to do any math on. e.g. What works now may not work at all when your neighbours start pumping too.

I have never heard of a case where pump assisting the mains was legal.

BTW, 20mm = 6 hoon = 3/4 inch. So sounds like you got what you asked for?

Edited by IMHO

Thanks for the info smile.png , I will look at a water tank, the only place is on my balcony and they may object for visual appeal.

The condo plumbing is only for the external corner units on each level, the rest of the rooms next to mine run off a large pipe the comes up to all the levels and then branchs out to the rooms.