So you are a bleeding heart in your homeland, you've moved to Thailand & now you want to change it

neverdie

Maybe it is the memory of the sixties - it took us only 10 years to completely change western society.

ha ha ha dude what were you smoking? you did not change a thing, you like to think you did, but the sad truth is you slowed down change, anarchy lite is the pits & no matter how your memory tries to spin it the power of the flower was kinda like occupy wall street peeps here today gone tomorrow.the only change in the whole decade was all about the deaths of 3 great men. and you my fellow expat made no difference at all in the big scheme of things. yep.... bar stool memories are a tad tainted :-)

Far out!

We did stop a war though......

Your irony detector is right.

My excuse is that I am not a native English speaker.

Please be so kind as to delete "telling", and to replace it by "advising".

No wait.

Rechange "advising" by " mentioning the possibility of".

Just delete it all together. ?

Not into free speech, are we?

You're the one that wants to change it. This and that.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

That is the 3th time that I do not understand a reply of yours.

I am not going to ask you a 3th time to clarify.

It's '3rd'.

Some mothers do have them !

Jahwohl herr neverdie.

Think we have to work on the German spelling...Jawohl Herr Neverdie would be the right one...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

diese verdammte quoten wieder

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ich habe es nicht gewusst - but I think I got away with it.

No reaction from the grammar police so far.

No offence intended...English is not everybody's first language (thanks god for that)... But in your mother tongue you shouldn't do those mistakes due of pure laziness...caps or not are a important part of the German language...innit?

Maybe it is the memory of the sixties - it took us only 10 years to completely change western society.

ha ha ha dude what were you smoking? you did not change a thing, you like to think you did, but the sad truth is you slowed down change, anarchy lite is the pits & no matter how your memory tries to spin it the power of the flower was kinda like occupy wall street peeps here today gone tomorrow.the only change in the whole decade was all about the deaths of 3 great men. and you my fellow expat made no difference at all in the big scheme of things. yep.... bar stool memories are a tad tainted :-)
What about flared trousers,surely they could not have happened without Nids input,and platform shoes,and the Eurovision song contest.

I resent the mentioning of the Eurovision song contest.

It is totally off topic.

Well, except of course France Gall winning in 1965

• Like 1

Far out!

May my history knowledge is a little bit inferior but which war do you mean? The last big one I remember we started...

What about flared trousers,surely they could not have happened without Nids input,and platform shoes,and the Eurovision song contest.

Dear sir, I strongly resent your mentioning of the Eurovision song contest.

It is totally off topic.

Except of course this: France Gall, 1965

Caps are absolutely important in German.

Example:

"Sie werden sie töten" is a tale about someone,

"Sie werden Sie töten" rather a threat to kill.

Depends on the relationship otherwise "Dich" btw this example works just in written German...

Anyway enough about the bloody Germans and their/our crazy grammar...

What is with our hobby chef/ cook ...nothing more to contribute???

Edited by Crazy chef 1

QUOTE:

>>>>>>>Too answer the OP the secret of happiness in Thailand is to lower your expectation until you have none. Then you won't be disappointed.<<<<<<<

Do you realize that this could be considered Thai bashing?

Do you realize that if you look hard enough that everything can be considered Thai bashing, or racism or .............

Time for a small explanation.

I am not German.

The war that we stopped (we = hippies, of course including German hippies with or without caps) was Vietnam.

The reason why I said Herr in German, was that Die Grammar Polizei commented on my English.(die, dem, die, das, whatever)

I am still very surprised that I got away with lose / loose.

QUOTE:

>>>>>>>Too answer the OP the secret of happiness in Thailand is to lower your expectation until you have none. Then you won't be disappointed.<<<<<<<

Do you realize that this could be considered Thai bashing?

Do you realize that if you look hard enough that everything can be considered Thai bashing, or racism or .............

Yes indeed.

But don't tell me, tell Samran.

Far out!

You know that war carried on after you guys left, don't you?

• Like 1

Caps are absolutely important in German.

Example:

"Sie werden sie töten" is a tale about someone,

"Sie werden Sie töten" rather a threat to kill.

Depends on the relationship otherwise "Dich" btw this example works just in written German...

Anyway enough about the bloody Germans and their/our crazy grammar...

What is with our hobby chef/ cook ...nothing more to contribute???

As I said before no offence intended...but no hippie has ever stopped a war and will ever do...the big players do as they want and nothing can stop them except monetary reasons...

Of course I understand your point.

And sometimes I even think that you are right.

But what is the conclusion then?

To brown nose up to the big players, and hope that they will throw us some leftovers from their feasts?

As I said before no offence intended...but no hippie has ever stopped a war and will ever do...the big players do as they want and nothing can stop them except monetary reasons...

To brown nose up to the big players, and hope that they will throw us some leftovers from their feasts?

What is the conclusion?

I think CharlyH has summed it up...

But if you remember a former German chancelor said: if you are 18 and don't be a revolutionalist you don't have a heart...if you still be one with 30 you have no brain...

• Like 1

What is the conclusion?

I think CharlyH has summed it up...

But if you remember a former German chancelor said: if you are 18 and don't be a revolutionalist you don't have a heart...if you still be one with 30 you have no brain...

I'll be a quadruple revolutionalist then.

• Like 1

If everyone accepted things the way they were - we wouldn't have macaroni and cheese.

What a setback for mankind that would have been... NOT!

Hardly a good metaphor. What has macaroni and cheese done?

Agree with the OP... too many "do-gooders" nowadays and the most of them seem to be in their 20's and 30's, no life experience and handed everything.

I wish the lot of them would mind their own business! Get jobs and or hobbies and keep themselves occupied with something productive and fulfilling.

• Like 1

If everyone accepted things the way they were - we wouldn't have macaroni and cheese.

True.

Why do you even care about the answers Neverdie??? I read in another one of your inane quotes that you do not even live in Thailand and that you just simply enjoy bothering people on forums.

TRUE?

May I congratulate neverdie for his sober, neutral, well worded, broad minded, non argumentative, non baiting non aggressive opening post?

Pretty good for an offshore contributor who does not reside here.. Got 9 pages so far of total crap replies.

It actually rained most of the night here in Bangkok. Exciting stuff huh?

It settles the dust and freshens the air, the gutters fill briefly with water and redistribute the grime..... It's good for the garden and the Mosquitos love it biggrin.png

Now how would you know that??? Google street view I guess considering you admitted to not living here in a previous post

change, discuss... we are into politics again. not governmental style.

Some of us want to change some things because we feel there are better ways. That does not mean we have to ram our ways down others throats.

Nowhere is Utopia and never will be, but some ways are better than others IMHO.

The Thai people have some great ways of doing things too.

Maybe there should be some consideration taken into account to both sides.