Toyota Avanza 1.3

bolt

hi i have been trying to find any owners of the Toyota Avanza 1.3

the guy in the shop said 1.5 model comes out next Oct /nov

having looked at the 1.3 is the engine big enough?

the cost is excellent, but whats the catch?

Bought one last week a 2005 S vvti auto performance is very good having just travelled from Bangkok to Pattaya cruised easily at 120 kmh where possible !! I don't know yet how it will perform if we fill all 7 seats with 10 people but it has a lot of space inside and is about 9inches shorter than the Nissan NV it replaced.

Our family got a Avanza 1.3 Automatic and it's OK for short distance.

Even the engine is only 1.3 it has enough power , seats 4 people comfortably with a lot of room , back passenger have separate aircon.

Brakes are not so good , IMO , and tyres are a bit small and car is bumpy during driving , but overall can recommend .

Check the level of Battery water often , had already refill twice.

I've had mine for over a year. I've been all over Thailand and I've really abused this little car. I've had about eight people in it around Koh Chang up very steep roads, it coped OK. Actually it corners better with a bit of weight in the back. It's very spacious, useful moving house, carrying stuff around. It has good ground clearance, useful on dirt tracks, water-logged sois. In Bangkok it is a great car - tighter turing circle than any pickup, quick off the lights, responsive steering, easy to park, being high up means good visibility. Most Thais don't like this car, but it sells really well in Malaysia/Indonesia. A cheap easy to drive MPV that does not drink a lot of petrol.