V-Kool window film - Anyone?

Daffy D

Any one using the V-Kool window film?

Am thinking of fitting it to the front wind screen to reduce the heat in the car.

It's almost totally clear so should not reduce visibility at night yet still reduce the heat from the sun in daytime.

Just wonder if it affects the GPS signal to the Navigator and DashCam

It's a bit on the expensive side but if it does what it says on the tin should be worth it.

Any one have hands on experience with V-Kool?

http://www.v-koolcorp.com/2015/en/

Cheers smile.png

The dealer installed mine (V Kool). Wanted to put 60 or 70% as that is what most Thais go for but I insisted on 40%. Perfect vision in the day but at night it does dim the view although my difficulty spotting pedestrians and some motor cycle drivers stems more from poorly lit roads and the inability of pedestrians and motor cycle drivers to realise if they are unlit they cannot be seen. Heat reduction difficult to tell. Certainly if you park your car in the sun its going to be unbearably hot and the air con is the only way to get your car cool.

Best benefit in my view is that they cannot tell instantly that it is a Farang behind the wheel

Oh Dear T.A. thats stirred a Hornets Nest.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif .Nice One.cheesy.gifbiggrin.png

You just wait for the tyre pressures.........facepalm.gif ....................whistling.gif .............laugh.png

Window Film and Right of Way on Round-abouts - two incendiary topics in one day !

Oh Dear T.A. thats stirred a Hornets Nest.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif .Nice One.cheesy.gifbiggrin.png

You just wait for the tyre pressures.........facepalm.gif ....................whistling.gif .............laugh.png

Window Film and Right of Way on Round-abouts - two incendiary topics in one day !

Yep, all we need is an "Idiots in Tunas" post,and all bases covered.

Ace of Pop, on 22 Mar 2015 - 15:49, said:

V Kool on the Accord,3Ms Crystal on Civic.both clear, but 3m gets my vote for no distortion.Beware the O.E tint by the way.

You think 3M Crystal is better ?

At the moment I got Hi-Kool on the front. Forget what percent, almost clear and great in the day but still too dark for night time.

I wanted to take it off altogether but the Mrs. got this idea that the film, any film reduces heat in the car especially when parked in the sun.

She came up with this V-Kool thing which is clear so would be OK at night and also reduce the heat problem.

Looking at their Web site they seem to have the best heat reflection properties, that will keep the Mrs. happy but I'm more concerned about how clear it is at night and if it blocks the GPS signal.

smile.png

• 1 month later...

Yep, all we need is an "Idiots in Tunas" post,and all bases covered.
Well that's put the kibosh on that then. I was going to post what Film/Tints I have on my Tuna.

Suppose we will just have to settle for the so called "knowledgeable" people that drive Noddy cars enlightening us as usual.

The GPS ting is nonsence.

Not so much nonsense, as it depends on the material of the window film

in question.

Window films made with metallic particles can affect radio and GPS signals

if their antennas are situated under the dash or on the screen.

Whereas the films made from ceramic composition don't affect any signals.

So it's always best to know the type of film you are buying if it's a concern.

What's this about tyre pressures ...isn't 40psi the norm

Apologies for not updating but as the subject had been "done to death" I did'nt think there would be any interest. coffee1.gif

I had Hi-Kool 40 on the widscreen but found that it blocked the GPS signal to the new DOD LS460W Dash Cam, which is odd because with the earlier LS430W model it worked just fine.

Was looking at fitting a lighter V-Kool film but in non of their blurb did they specify that the GPS signal would not be blocked. blink.png

3M Crystaline on the other hand specifficly states not to block the GPS so decided to go for that instead of the V-Kool.

I wanted the "almost clear" Crysteline C70 but this being Thailand something must have been lost in the translation because I ended up with the slightly darker C40. whistling.gif

So not much difference in the night vision between the Hi-Kool 40 and the Crytaline C40 but the GPS signal to the Dash Cam works just fine.

wink.png

It can get done to Death D.D..This film top has been a dam pest for me.Son wanted an allowance on the Freebie on his T/Blazer so he could have Hi Cool. No way, they were shy because the crap they fit wasn't worth much.So he had Hi Cool or V Cool. Mrs Pops Accord received an allowance , and had 3Ms Crytaline lightest from new. i was away and they gobbed some light tint Lumina crap on my Civic, that they scraped off later and fitted the same at my expense.The cars factory tint is enough these day so go as Clear as possible i recon.As for Heat inside T.A. nailed it. Dont make any difference left out for a few hours. Wheres Me Leo.facepalm.gif

How about the V-Cool Solitaire 70 anyone actually experience driving with this.

From V-Cool website, they say its neutral colour and visible light transmission is 73%

I only heard about this type of film (neutral /clear) last Saturday and I'm tempted to try it on one of my cars. I've avoided fitting film to a couple of my cars because of the low visibility when driving at night, or in basement car parks. I'd prefer to receive feedback from someone that has used this actual product as I can see from the V-Cool Thailand website, the cost is Baht 35,000 per car

Vision Wise the Blazers as good with 70, as the 2 with 3Ms 70.Dont forget each ride has O.E. Tint that varies somewhat.Honda has too much, bordering on stupid for example ,the Chevy is almost clear.30 to 35 K is about the same whichever You choose. Ell Crappo Lumina is about 12 K as a freebie.

Agree "Ace" the subject can be done to death and at the end of the day it's all a matter of personal choice.

It's a big outlay to have your windows filmed and I can understand someone wanting feed back from people who have actually fitted the various options.

I find the C40 is OK at night, obviously reduces visibility a little but not enough to bother me.

It's difficult to assess the heat reduction of window film but I would think the claim by an outfit like 3M that it does reduce heat must have some merit.

wink.png

Yes it does reduce heat when your on the move, i mean when you leave it parked in the sun.All it does then is reduce the U.V Rays eating the interior.Thais and a few ferangs dont want clear for cosmetic reasons until the get in mine ,then they love the clarity. but not the price.

Ask a BkK Taxi Driver why No Tints ?..... We drive at night and in bad weather they should be banned at night.....Cant argue with that Thai logic imo.thumbsup.gif

Nothing to do with bad weather or whether it's dark, taxis are not allowed by law to have tinted windows.

Ask a BkK Taxi Driver why No Tints ?..... We drive at night and in bad weather they should be banned at night.....Cant argue with that Thai logic imo.thumbsup.gif

Nothing to do with bad weather or whether it's dark, taxis are not allowed by law to have tinted windows.

Duh