Fundamentalist Muslims are murdering gay people ... where is the outrage?

Jingthing

I think this is a fair question.

The western gay world justifiably has recognized Putin as a major enemy of gay people.

But bad as he is, and he is bad, and what he is doing is done in the name of Christianity, it doesn't compare to what fundamentalists Muslims are doing now, with Isis, and other preexisting Muslim conditions such as the radical Islamist regime in Iran.

So where is the noise?

Do liberal gay people think it is just not "PC" to call out these Islamic extremists?

Yet radical Muslims somehow seem to get a pass. Intensive news coverage and progressive protests apparently get detained at the border of Islam. Why is there this atrocious double standard?

There was worldwide revulsion when ISIS burned to death the caged Jordanian pilot, and decapitated Western journalists. But where is the outrage when Muslims publicly murder Muslim men for being gay, or stone to death Muslim women for adultery or for having been raped?

It’s been called “the soft bigotry of low expectations,” this notion that Muslims can’t be held to the same standards of behavior as those of other faiths. Liberal voices often compare conservative Christians or Jews with radical Muslims. But have longtime anti-gay preacher Pat Robertson or Judaism’s Lubavitcher Rebbe ever advocated actual violence against gay “sinners”?

Of course not. Political correctness, however, forces us to tiptoe around the truth that Islamists today are slaughtering people for homosexuality, blasphemy, and adultery, not to mention for sketching pictures of Muhammad.

http://www.out.com/news-opinion/2015/3/21/op-ed-where-outrage-gays-killed-isis

• Like 2

It's not just fundamentalist or radical Moslems that are doing this. It's also part of mainstream Islam. In both Saudi Arabia and Iran homosexuals have been beheaded, stoned and hanged in recent years.

This is not an ISIS perversion of Islam. Allah, through his prophet Mohammed, made it clear that he despised homosexuals. E.g. "If two men among you are guilty of lewdness, punish them both" Koran 4:16.

However, Allah forgot to tell Mohammed what the appropriate punishment for homosexuality was. For that we have to turn to the hadith - hence the confusion of whether we should be beheaded, stoned, hanged, or tossed off a high place.

I must say though, Allah was a bit schizophrenic on homosexuality, since he promised martyrs lots of pretty boys in heaven to bugger. Or maybe that counts as paedophilia rather than homosexuality in Allah's mind, so is OK.

The PC crowd has minted the term "Islamophobe" as an insult designed to halt any discussion of the problems with Islam, a term used in much the same way as "racist" to stop discussion.

Such is the fear now of being labelled Islamophobic, that media and government mouthpieces spout about how Islam is a "religion of peace" and that the terrorists are "a small minority" who have "perverted their religion", even if they know that that is utter hogwash.

• Like 1

At this point in time, the only thing that I would (and have done in the past) advise gay people to do is to leave the country and seek refugee status. Even a hint of out-right homosexuality will result in persecution and the person will not receive any support or help from the gov'ts.

Is there outrage? Yes. But you are dealing with people who cannot speak up and cannot really communicate with others about their situation. They have no voice, and when they do, it is quickly and violently muzzled.

Fundamentalist Christians have been a problem for gays and in some African countries, gays get it from all religions.

It takes a long time to change the attitudes of people, but political pressure needs to be put on countries to change the laws to provide a minimum of protection for a very vulnerable group of people.

For many, it isn't just the sexual behavior that gets them into trouble, it is simply being thought or accused of being gay that will see state-sanctioned violence condoned.

This is not an ISIS perversion of Islam. Allah, through his prophet Mohammed, made it clear that he despised homosexuals. E.g. "If two men among you are guilty of lewdness, punish them both" Koran 4:16.

sortof/kinda "copy&paste" from the Old Testament by ol' prophet Mohamed.

It's not just fundamentalist or radical Moslems that are doing this. It's also part of mainstream Islam. In both Saudi Arabia and Iran homosexuals have been beheaded, stoned and hanged in recent years.

However, Allah forgot to tell Mohammed what the appropriate punishment for homosexuality was. For that we have to turn to the hadith - hence the confusion of whether we should be beheaded, stoned, hanged, or tossed off a high place.

I must say though, Allah was a bit schizophrenic on homosexuality, since he promised martyrs lots of pretty boys in heaven to bugger. Or maybe that counts as paedophilia rather than homosexuality in Allah's mind, so is OK.

The PC crowd has minted the term "Islamophobe" as an insult designed to halt any discussion of the problems with Islam, a term used in much the same way as "racist" to stop discussion.

Such is the fear now of being labelled Islamophobic, that media and government mouthpieces spout about how Islam is a "religion of peace" and that the terrorists are "a small minority" who have "perverted their religion", even if they know that that is utter hogwash.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/dancingboys/

Bacha Bazi, is a type of child abuse and usually involves pre-pubescent boys. It is not really relevant to this discussion.

The children involved in Bacha Bazi are probably not gay and many of the adults are probably pedophiles and incapable of having a relationship with an adult, male or female.

Bacha Bazi, is a type of child abuse and usually involves pre-pubescent boys. It is not really relevant to this discussion.

The children involved in Bacha Bazi are probably not gay and many of the adults are probably pedophiles and incapable of having a relationship with an adult, male or female.

Well, its pederasty and I wasn't implying the children were homosexual, but as it happens until the boys are young men you can certainly make the argument the exploiters are gay. No shortage of hypocrisy in the Islamic world.

Pedophiles are usually fixated at an emotional state that is similar to the age of the child. Since this fixation occurs before puberty, the person is attracted to children that age and children before puberty normally have little interest in the opposite sex, thus the attraction is to males. So, no, it is not about sexual orientation.

But we are straying off-topic.

Someone mentioned Saudi Arabia as an example to show it's not just fundamentalist Muslims. But Saudi Arabia is actually run by fundamentalists on a par with Isis. Saudis don't just follow regular Islam, they follow Wahhabi Islam which is the most extreme form of Islam. No difference between Saudi and Isis except Saudi Arabia is a US ally (oil deals) and therefore the west tries not to focus as much as the extreme human rights abuses going on there.

I dont call it out cause it is a mix in the rest of the abuses. I havnt read much about the topic. But I saw ME prisoner captives on pictures the other day. They seemed to be soldiers/"enemy" mock dressed up as muslim style crossdressers and/or with badly painted make-up in the faces. I couldnt understand the language but Im sure it was an anti-ISIS piece of info. I do think most gays (sadly) are keeping their sexuality a well kept secret in that part of the world, its mot accusations and a tool to demasculinate and persecute and kill people as of now. If ISIS really knew about the amount of gays in the world they would have to start with killing parts of their own ranks

Edited by BKKBobby

Can somebody tell me in which 'non fundamentalist' Islamic state is homosexuality lawful and where gay people have equal rights?

I havnt got the statistics but I dont think homosexuality is strictly illegal in every country that is muslim. I dont its illegal to have gay sex in Turkey.

Its most likely unlawful to act out on gay sexuality in every fundamentalist muslim country with prison sentences or a death sentence handed out. A gay couple are not going to prison because of being gay in Brunei but if they get caught in the act of intercourse they can get the death penalty by stoning.

Edited by BKKBobby

Can somebody tell me in which 'non fundamentalist' Islamic state is homosexuality lawful and where gay people have equal rights?

I havnt got the statistics but I dont think homosexuality is strictly illegal in every country that is muslim. I dont its illegal to have gay sex in Turkey.

Its most likely unlawful to act out on gay sexuality in every fundamentalist muslim country with prison sentences or a death sentence handed out. A gay couple are not going to prison because of being gay in Brunei but if they get caught in the act of intercourse they can get the death penalty by stoning.

Except the point included "and where gay people have equal rights".

In the case of Turkey it is legal to:

- Discriminate against gay people in employment

- Discriminate against gay people in providing goods and services

- Make anti-gay hate speeches.

There is:

- No same sex marriage

- No legal recognition of same sex couples

- No joint adoption by same sex couples

- No ability to serve in the military

- No access to IVF for lesbian couples

- No access to surrogacy services for male couples

- No ability to donate blood for gay men.

And between 2010 and 2014 47 people were murdered because of their actual or perceived sexual identity.

Except the point included "and where gay people have equal rights".

In the case of Turkey it is legal to:

- Discriminate against gay people in employment

- Discriminate against gay people in providing goods and services

- Make anti-gay hate speeches.

There is:

- No same sex marriage

- No legal recognition of same sex couples

- No joint adoption by same sex couples

- No ability to serve in the military

- No access to IVF for lesbian couples

- No access to surrogacy services for male couples

- No ability to donate blood for gay men.

And between 2010 and 2014 47 people were murdered because of their actual or perceived sexual identity.

They dont and todays muslim countries will probably be the last countries to introduce equal rights for LGBT.

But that issue is much broader than concerning muslim countries. That fight for equal rights concerns most countries of the world I guess.

There are countries that has fully equal rights for LGBT. A child can even have "two dads and two moms" so to speak. And marriage, religious or secular can be done. Zero discrimination or discriminatory laws by the state. Discrimination by certain individuals against LGBT is an issue even in such countries though.

Edited by BKKBobby

An inflammatory troll post has been removed along with replies.

Please stay on topic. This is about the conditions under which gays live in fundamentalist Muslim countries. It has nothing to do with the Prophet.

This is the gay forum and specific rules apply to posting here.

A large number of troll posts and replies have been removed. This is the GAY FORUM. It is not the anti-Islam forum.

Continued off-topic, inflammatory and troll posts will result in suspension.

The situation for gays in many countries is difficult. That is the focus of this thread and this forum.

You have been warned.

It's a very good video but keep in mind this isn't about demonizing all people who happen to be Muslims. After all most are born into it. In many countries Muslims are free to be more secular. There are gay Muslims. Surely not all Muslims in Iran and ISIS controlled lands, etc. actually agree with killing gays. As an American I don't agree with a lot of things my government does either. But the video is correct in the sense that an alliance between gay liberation and Islamists obviously doesn't add up.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1