Kan Air, new U-Tapao - Udon Thani route.

NanLaew

AsianTravel, I concur, that's the same email address I quoted in my post.

However, on the first page on their website, they say to use [email protected]. This I did and they replied from address [email protected].

I have since used both email addresses to send messages to them and I have received a reply within 2 hours - so pretty good in my opinion.

Edited by dsfbrit

AsianTravel, I concur, that's the same email address I quoted in my post.

However, on the first page on their website, they say to use [email protected]. This I did and they replied from address [email protected].

I have since used both email addresses to send messages to them and I have received a reply within 2 hours - so pretty good in my opinion.

I'm not being pedantic but I think it's pretty important for potential customers to understand about this because I almost gave up with them due to their poor communication.

When you say " I concur, that's the same email address I quoted in my post "- you quoted only [email protected] in your post not the Gmail address

Like Sid James I also sent two emails to [email protected]

(because there is no reference at all to the use of the Gmail address anywhere on their website)

but didn't receive any reply to eitherOnly after I telephoned their office to clarify the email address did I discover they are primarily using the Gmail address but they still haven't updated their website even today and no I don't think their communications are good at all.blink.png

Edited by Asiantravel

The Kanair website is really the pits - if they have been going for 4 years there really is no excuse. No start dates for new routes, or routes that no longer exist - it is a complete shambles.

Edited by pontious

Well AsianTravel yes you are right, but you are being a bit pedantic and if you were not fully satisfied with my previous response, you will be even less pleased to learn that the last email from them came from:-

[email protected].

Again, I was replied to within about an hour of my question.

So in my experience, it appeasrs they have at least 3 different email addresses that we can contact them on and all seem to reply within about 2 hours, pretty good if you ask me.

[email protected]; [email protected] ; [email protected]

However, that is just my personal experience over the last 10 days, as I cannot possibly comment on the experiences of others.

As for the web site, I found the new web site easy to use for the booking I made for my friend, but then it was a simple booking we were making to a route that was already operating. The only disappointment was that an electronic ticket was not sent to the email adrress I provided.

I think maybe people expect too much from a small budget operator. Their website is not great, but it is functional. I have had much worse experiences from some larger operators where I have spent quite some time entering my details and then the whole lot just hangs and I have too do it again, or there are some daft charges at the end. KanAir WebSite did not fall over nor add in a load of extra charges. So pretty good in my opinion.

Edited by dsfbrit

Due to the German language article:

Kan Air promises a bus shuttle from Pattaya included in the price.

Don't know about U-Tapao to Pattaya.

They also plan other routes from U-Tapao like Khon Kaen tongue.png (plus Ubon and Chiang Mai).

Would love to see it.

An article in English is in the other newspaper which must not be linked here.

I just came back from my trip Utapao - ubon - Utapao with Kan air .

I can tell you there service is excellent there airplain looks almost new

I ordered my tickets at Utapao (live about 4 Km from there) does not go to Donmuang nice for me and same money and time

On their site they say they have only 2(?) planes - a Cessna and a Hawker - which do they use for Udon ?

Outdated info again wink.png

In Nov 2014 and Mar 2015 they have leased or bought (?) two ATR 72 turboprops.

Both about 7 years old, about 60 seats. No more business jet feeling.

Here you see them on their FB page:

Registration HS-KAF:

https://www.facebook.com/kanairlines/posts/969517086426299

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/10530770_965802773464397_8712982634566552328_n.jpg?oh=5918afd6bafd80eb31b5e273e92ff75b&oe=55C57FCB&__gda__=1440830927_df9f9524cf89ca5cea1eb6e3cd58f36c

Registration HS-KAD:

https://www.facebook.com/kanairlines/posts/965218500189491

https://scontent-kul.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/p180x540/10959566_921396084571733_2879443398375155243_n.jpg?oh=93ebb9bae19d3495d1e2e9957f21b57e&oe=55C3A9B1

Edited by KhunBENQ

Well AsianTravel yes you are right, but you are being a bit pedantic and if you were not fully satisfied with my previous response, you will be even less pleased to learn that the last email from them came from:-

[email protected].

Again, I was replied to within about an hour of my question.

So in my experience, it appeasrs they have at least 3 different email addresses that we can contact them on and all seem to reply within about 2 hours, pretty good if you ask me.

[email protected]; [email protected] ; [email protected]

However, that is just my personal experience over the last 10 days, as I cannot possibly comment on the experiences of others.

As for the web site, I found the new web site easy to use for the booking I made for my friend, but then it was a simple booking we were making to a route that was already operating. The only disappointment was that an electronic ticket was not sent to the email adrress I provided.

I think maybe people expect too much from a small budget operator. Their website is not great, but it is functional. I have had much worse experiences from some larger operators where I have spent quite some time entering my details and then the whole lot just hangs and I have too do it again, or there are some daft charges at the end. KanAir WebSite did not fall over nor add in a load of extra charges. So pretty good in my opinion.

So far it is TV member Syd James and myself both sent emails and were completely ignored versus yourself. There is also the other poster who started a completely different thread complaining that the airline never contacted him to advise him that the flight had been cancelled.

So that's three customers versus one (you) saying their communications with passengers and potential customers is dreadful.

And after me complaining to them that I didn’t receive any response after writing to [email protected] how much work will it take for them to add [email protected] to their website particularly if that is the email address they say they prefer to use?blink.png

As Pontius quite rightly says in Post 33 there is no excuse for them not to regularly update their website. And a small budget operator needs a great website not a functional one more than anything with an ability for customers to communicate with them easily and efficiently which is definitely not the case of the moment.

Edited by Asiantravel

On their site they say they have only 2(?) planes - a Cessna and a Hawker - which do they use for Udon ?

Outdated info again wink.png

In Nov 2014 and Mar 2015 they have leased or bought (?) two ATR 72 turboprops.

Both about 7 years old, about 60 seats. No more business jet feeling.

Here you see them on their FB page:

Registration HS-KAF:

https://www.facebook.com/kanairlines/posts/969517086426299

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/10530770_965802773464397_8712982634566552328_n.jpg?oh=5918afd6bafd80eb31b5e273e92ff75b&oe=55C57FCB&__gda__=1440830927_df9f9524cf89ca5cea1eb6e3cd58f36c

Registration HS-KAD:

https://www.facebook.com/kanairlines/posts/965218500189491

https://scontent-kul.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/p180x540/10959566_921396084571733_2879443398375155243_n.jpg?oh=93ebb9bae19d3495d1e2e9957f21b57e&oe=55C3A9B1

Thank you

• 1 month later...

My wife just called Kan Air and they said that they have terminated service from Utapao now.

As at today, there still/only flying to Hat Yai, Chiang Mai & Khon Kaen...

post-188279-14352155202677_thumb.jpg

Edited by JB300

What app is that and what is the source of data?

KanAir website and Facebook page: not a trace anymore of U-Tapao.

Not in the list of departure cities.

Absolute zero.

Edited by KhunBENQ

My wife just called Kan Air and they said that they have terminated service from Utapao now.

As at today, there still/only flying to Hat Yai, Chiang Mai & Khon Kaen...

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1435215517.337989.jpg

I can assure you they are not, and have not been for about 1 month now. As can be seen from your picture - no gate allocations for the KN flights.

Here is the current offerings from Kan Airlines - nothing from U-Tapao.

Kan air.pdf

App is called FlightBoard & is usually very accurate, but if they've got it wrong,they've also got the corresponding arrivals wrong at CNX

post-188279-14352195904092_thumb.jpg

Though no arrival at KKC...

post-188279-14352198278383_thumb.jpg

Though they're still showing a departure from KKC...

post-188279-14352197182345_thumb.jpg

I'm in agreement with you, App is wrong & Kan Air are not flying to/from UTP anymore...

Edited by JB300

To answer my own question:

on the usual flight status sites you also see outdated flight info with status "unknown" (http://www.flightstats.com).

They didn't even manage to get their cancelled flights out of the databases bah.gif

Yep, per my edited post above, I agree with you that the app is wrong & they're not flying out of UTP anymore.

on the usual flight status sites you also see outdated flight info with status "unknown" (http://www.flightstats.com).

They didn't even manage to get their cancelled flights out of the databases bah.gif

Yep, per my edited post above, I agree with you that the app is wrong & they're not flying out of UTP anymore.

many such apps, including flightstats, are outdated and still show "phanthom-flights" that have been discontinued long ago

many such apps, including flightstats, are outdated and still show "phanthom-flights" that have been discontinued long ago

Shame really as the Apps are very useful (I also use FlightRadar24) but it seems for the more obscure Airlines/Airports, you need to double/triple check.

Would still recommend both apps (especially FlightRadar24 if current flight status is important/of interest to you).

Would have loved to have used them from U.T.P. but, as they made such a "Cock up" of the admin. and if they then applied the same sort of standards to the technical side, it would not have inspired me to actually sit in one of their planes, such a shame, I think it would be a fantastic business opportunity for a competent airline, using the Kan Air routes. Using smaller planes, would have made more sense also.

I also think there could also be a "political issue" here.

• 1 month later...

i went from Pattaya to Utapao last year, flying to Phuket. I took a taxi from pattaya 650 baht? Utapao was not busy, no wait, no line. Small snack bar. Walked out on tarmac and got on the plane. I landed back in Utapao later. The taxis were priced nutty but were quickly "negotiated" down, but just when I was about to pay I decided to check another booth and along the way found there was a mini van type of shuttle! That cost llike 150 Baht or something like that. I don't know how to book that i n advance or in real time or how often it is there or if it is there all day long, every hour or what, or if I just got lucky that day. But minivan for the ride from Pattaya to Utapao works fine for me and I would try to find such a thing the next time I use that airport

Thanks for that. I read in another forum that taxi's to/from U-Tapao tend to be mercenary bastards opportunists. If we can't find the hub of mini buses in Pattaya, it may be better to get one of our regular, tested Suvarnabhumi airport drivers to do the trip. If it's going to be that price, may as well be comfy in a decent car with someone you know.

Just thinking, since Bangkok Air are a regular U-Tapao user, maybe they have details on where to find a mini bus.

Just did a quick look on a o/w fare (just in case it is crap) for mum and son and it's 1980 baht. Thai Smile are over 5000 baht and already filling up.

Yay...a short flight to pattaya for the weekend! I have some plumbing issues that need to be addressed there.

• 3 months later...

So has anyone been using Utapao Airport lately ?

At the moment, still nobody can say for sure if there is mini van or other shuttle services that offer transfer from the airport to Pattaya.

AirAsia has thrown in the towel and has stopped the transfer service from Utapao to Central Festival Pattaya.