Prayut blames 'too much democracy' for political woes

webfact

All joking aside, Prayuth is the prime reason why the patronage system in Thailand needs to stop. It`s patently obvious the man is rather dim, and has clearly got to where he is through family connections.

As much as I hate the politicians in the UK (and other Western societies), virtually all of them are highly educated and intelligent. This guy has such a low IQ he`d probably be classed as having learning difficulties.

There isn`t a day goes past where we don`t have to listen to one of his ignorant rants. It`s cringeworthy and the lasting damage to Thailand is there to see, more so than any previous military regime I would add.

I don't know what his IQ actually is - but I'm positive he doesn't suffer from learning difficulties. (People who do shouldn't be the source of fun or used as derogatory terms but if that's what rocks you so be it).

The Western mainstream politicians, certainly in the UK tend to have a university education, and post graduate qualifications these. They've usually served "apprentiships" within their chosen political party before being thrust into standing for parliament. Not sure local government politicians of of similar intelligence mind.

We do get some appointed to the Lords who have their challenges though.

He's not an academic, business person or long term politician. But a very senior military officer. His world view will be shaped by his own experiences, information acquired, training, life style norms and his capability to transform information into knowledge through action.

Would a brain surgeon automatically make a good politician? No more than a politician would make a brain surgeon. Why someone thinks a career soldier, who fair enough attained the highest of ranks, can suddenly switch to being a politician and run the country perfectly with no gaffes is bewildering. Cameron, Clegg and Milliband are experienced professionals - and they can't do it either.

Following his speech, the Prime Minister invited all attendees to enjoy the lunch buffet.

100% of attendees said the buffet was Aroy, Aroy!

Moreover a government spokesman stated that the buffet had increased their understanding of the reform measures required to restore Thailands unique form of happiness. Edited by JAG

glad to see the right man in the right job!whistling.giffacepalm.gif

He is the right man in the right job.

If he could only think before he opens his mouth he would have been the perfect man in the right job

Unfortunately , being incapable of any thoughts of much depth he is constantly putting his foot in it , thus forcing the bs out of his mouth from the place it had previously been occuping.

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The head of Thailand's military government Monday blamed the country's previous political problems on "too much-democracy."

"We have too much democracy unlike other countries where governments can restrict freedoms," said Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha at a conference for the Federation of Thai Industries in Bangkok.

Prayut, an army general who took power after a coup last May, insisted that he did not "overthrow democracy" and that Thailand was still 99 per cent democratic.

He said that if he had complete power he would have imprisoned his critics or "put them before a firing squad," but insisted that he chose instead to work within the framework of the law.

Since coming into power, NGOs and critics have criticised the junta for arbitrary detention of its critics and the suspension of many civil rights.

Last week, Human Rights Watch repeated calls for the junta to lift martial law which it has used to govern the country since the coup, calling it a "rolling crackdown on civil and political rights."

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2015-03-23

I hope he means

too much democracy = to much crouption

"We have too much democracy unlike other countries where governments can restrict freedoms," said Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha at a conference for the Federation of Thai Industries in Bangkok.

Prayut, an army general who took power after a coup last May, insisted that he did not "overthrow democracy" and that Thailand was still 99 per cent democratic.

He said that if he had complete power he would have imprisoned his critics or "put them before a firing squad," but insisted that he chose instead to work within the framework of the law.

This is too scary! He's losing it. blink.pngbah.giffacepalm.gif

Commerce my friend, that ship has sailed, LONG ago.

All joking aside, Prayuth is the prime reason why the patronage system in Thailand needs to stop. It`s patently obvious the man is rather dim, and has clearly got to where he is through family connections.

As much as I hate the politicians in the UK (and other Western societies), virtually all of them are highly educated and intelligent. This guy has such a low IQ he`d probably be classed as having learning difficulties.

There isn`t a day goes past where we don`t have to listen to one of his ignorant rants. It`s cringeworthy and the lasting damage to Thailand is there to see, more so than any previous military regime I would add.

I don't know what his IQ actually is - but I'm positive he doesn't suffer from learning difficulties. (People who do shouldn't be the source of fun or used as derogatory terms but if that's what rocks you so be it).

The Western mainstream politicians, certainly in the UK tend to have a university education, and post graduate qualifications these. They've usually served "apprentiships" within their chosen political party before being thrust into standing for parliament. Not sure local government politicians of of similar intelligence mind.

We do get some appointed to the Lords who have their challenges though.

He's not an academic, business person or long term politician. But a very senior military officer. His world view will be shaped by his own experiences, information acquired, training, life style norms and his capability to transform information into knowledge through action.

Would a brain surgeon automatically make a good politician? No more than a politician would make a brain surgeon. Why someone thinks a career soldier, who fair enough attained the highest of ranks, can suddenly switch to being a politician and run the country perfectly with no gaffes is bewildering. Cameron, Clegg and Milliband are experienced professionals - and they can't do it either.

Cameron, Clegg and Milliband are experienced professionals - and they can't do it either.???? Experienced in what? none of them have done a proper days work in their lives. Yet these are the people we get to elect. Same the world over.

As for Prayut again, what experience? So many bright shiny things on his uniform but for what? Being connected and paying for his promotions??

He'd probably lose a game of Stratego.

We are all governed by the elite for the elite.

Edited by Foxman888
  • Like 1

Ruthless. But so true.

Wow. If the article's words are true, they reveal much about the man. he wants results, something one can get used to expecting in the military. Unfortunately, I am pretty sure that if he gets his way, he would tend to be a very ruthless dictator.

• Like 1

It doesn't matter how crazy, stupid or ill-advised the junta statements are, most of them are for domestic consumption. That means these are messages for Thai people, not normal folk. There is absolutely nothing wrong with any of the statements once you remember they are aimed at Thais.

Truth is irrelevant.

Poo-yai makes reality.

Conformity.

Thailand number 1.

etc.

This is not for normal folk, mere mortals like us, it's for those who know and understand Thainess.

I just wonder if Thainess can also protect people from fire, earthquake and famine, 'cos it sure does a great job of protecting them from any kinds of thought whatsoever.

Add too much democracy to Thainess and it's still aroi as long as it's over-loaded with chillipeppers....

No surprises here.

• Like 1

I disagree. I don't think he is any thicker than anyone else, just a bad tempered and arrogant autocrat who is a product of his upbringing and closeted environment, as you suggested in your opening paragraph.

To simply dismiss him as a fool is to understate the seriousness of the current political situation: Prayudh, his principal backer and her faction are playing big stakes for keeps. (I use 'her' in the name of sexual equality, of course.)

Are you suggesting he would obtain a 1st from Oxford in PPE? (like Abishit did, along with David Cameron and countless other world politicians) Judging by the fact his speeches focus on beach litter, rougue taxi drivers, street stalls, world up football and just about everything else a PM should delegate to others, I think we are all well aware his grasp of basic economics is poor. It is when he is questioned about something beyond his limited intellect he lashes out with threats of violence, detention or the worst of the lot - the hair ruffle.

Whilst it may seem otherwise, Prayuth is merely a pawn being dictated by other powerful forces. That these powerful forces dont have the gumption to install a charasmatic and highly educated PM baffles me to the core. Seeing Thailand laughed at on the world stage because of his daily rants is so damaging. He`s a figure of fun to many now on a par with Kim Jung Un.

• Like 1

Crikey, couldn't make this stuff up. Did his mother sit him in front of Monty Python movies when he was a kid?

Might have been better if she had. Perhaps we should get a box set and sit him in front of it now.

It doesn't matter how crazy, stupid or ill-advised the junta statements are, most of them are for domestic consumption. That means these are messages for Thai people, not normal folk. There is absolutely nothing wrong with any of the statements once you remember they are aimed at Thais.

Truth is irrelevant.

Poo-yai makes reality.

Conformity.

Thailand number 1.

etc.

This is not for normal folk, mere mortals like us, it's for those who know and understand Thainess.

I just wonder if Thainess can also protect people from fire, earthquake and famine, 'cos it sure does a great job of protecting them from any kinds of thought whatsoever.

Add too much democracy to Thainess and it's still aroi as long as it's over-loaded with chillipeppers....

No surprises here.

But this is a guy who wants to be a leading international statesman and wants the world to accept Thailand. He is moaning and complaining that he isn't worshipped by the likes of the US and hasn't been invited over like other senior high profile world leaders. Every time he opens his mouth the world would be rolling thier eyes and shaking thiers heads. If Prayuth is the best that the rich elite have then no wonder this gaggle of morons could never win an election.
  • Like 1

Truth is irrelevant.

Poo-yai makes reality.

Conformity.

Thailand number 1.

etc.

No surprises here.

But this is a guy who wants to be a leading international statesman and wants the world to accept Thailand. He is moaning and complaining that he isn't worshipped by the likes of the US and hasn't been invited over like other senior high profile world leaders. Every time he opens his mouth the world would be rolling thier eyes and shaking thiers heads. If Prayuth is the best that the rich elite have then no wonder this gaggle of morons could never win an election.

So no surprises here then, as I said. Seems like death throes to me, but we'll have to wait and see.

glad to see the right man in the right job!whistling.giffacepalm.gif

He is the right man in the right job.

If he could only think before he opens his mouth he would have been the perfect man in the right job.

Well, he can't. Thus, he's not the man for the job. Along with many other reasons why history is going to remember him in a negative light. Not Thai history of course, but real global history.

This sort of leadership, agree with it or not, has never worked anywhere. He's not iron fist enough to be along the lines of a Middle East heavy, and he's simply inexperienced enough to get the job done otherwise. He wants a Thailand from 20 or 30 years ago and that simply isn't going to happen. The days of old EVERYWHERE on earth are long gone. That's why it's called "history" and "the glory days." They are gone and never coming back no matter how many dissidents he locks away or bananas he throws at journalists.

I wish he could clean it all up, but Thailand is so <deleted> at the very core, there is no fixing it. You simply can't fix something that is rotten from the inside out. At least not in our lifetime. Perhaps of generations they will line themselves out, or descend into chaos, whatever they choose, but, it's not going to be fixed in a year, or five, or ten. If they started TODAY, with the youngest children, perhaps those kid's grand children will have a chance at having a functional nation. But you can't un-<deleted> those who are beyond repair. It simply doesn't work that way.

• Like 1

I think a lot of these stories are lost in translation, not defending but people should always be aware that more often than not what drops out after a Thai English translation doesn't always make much sense

Those that are familiar with facebook translation will know exactly what I mean

I believe last time he said something like this it was, If I wanted to use my full power I could have people taken out and shot.....

Lost in translation also huh?

Challenge!!!, I tell ya what find the THAI text of the speech and have a trusted friend translate

it for you and then maybe just maybe you will see who it is you are supporting,

Or maybe he will come out in 5 days and say I was just joking???

• Like 1

Maybe he should talk to the one Thai that was born into and raised in a democracy to find out what a democracy actually is. I can see the transition to civilian life not going so well. Applying what you learned in the military don't go over well in civilian life.

Ohh, come on people. Am I the only one that can see this as one of the general's little jokes?

And he is working 'within the framework of the law'. He simply forgot to put 'martial' in front of 'law'.

(Irony intended)