Problems With Ms Office

tutsiwarrior

did I post this before?...don't remember...

the problem is that with MS Word and Exel I'll be typing along and look up at the screen and find that the cursor/text is wildly elsewhere than where it's suposed to be, start on one line then find the text being entered into existing text or completely elsewhere. Very annoying. Anyone ever see this before?...virus?...machine failure? I've seen the cursor jump when typing in Word and Exel...has no relationship to the keyboard activity

the laptop is a newly purchased (March) HP Pavillion with high specs running on Windows XP. When I came to Vietnam the sec. installed a pirate MS Office that I replaced with a licensed version when I saw the problem...the problem remained...

any advice please?

It may be that you area accidentally touching the touch pad (mouse) as you type

and this is causing the movement on the screen.

Very easy if you happen to have sweaty hands whilst typing.

If you go to the control panel you can adjust the settings for the Mouse

I had a pirated version of MS Office and it started to do all sorts of strange things. Since I am not big on using pirated software I un-installed Office. I have since downloaded Open Office. It is free, legal and works great except it loads too slow to suit me. Since then I have found another legal word processor program called Abiword. It is fast and a good program. It recognises most text formats and saves everything in the .doc format.