Massage memory full in win 7 close all your programm if you not want loose data

Sandman77

Have a win 7 PC latest updates installed and 4 gigabyte ram!

Since 2days it happen now 2, times open programms chrased with the massage

Not enough memory please close all programm and start again!

But harddrive also have enough free space

Is this a virus , and a system reinstall nesarsary ?

Find the culprit.

Start Task Manager: <CTRL>+<SHIFT>+<ESC>.

Goto the "Processes" tab, select "Show Processes from All Users" (lower left).

Sort by "Memory".

Post here what you see (processes using hundreds of megabytes).

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

Perhaps a massage might help.........whistling.gif

Trans, do you still remember the chat about the "tiny little ghosts" inside the CPU and invisible, our wives have discussed at your place?

OP are you the same Sandman who's German? Just curious, as I could send you all you need to know in German. I really believe you wouldn't understand some of the instructions in English.

Step by step, of course. thumbsup.gif

Hi Sandman

Please try following. Go to my computer- System Properties- then check how much memory the machine can see.

Does your machine see both memory cards? Easy to take them out and clean the contacts with an eraser.

If the's okay ( for Windows 7, 32 bit version at least 2 GB, for the 64 bit version at least 3 GB) then please try this one:

http://www.kaspersky.com/antivirus-removal-tool?form=1

Once the machine is cleaned up, please download a free Trail of Kaspersky AV here:

http://www.kaspersky.com/antivirus-free-trial

It's full functioning and if it still doesn't work well, please post what you see. Cheers. Auf Wienerschnitzel.-wai.gif

Find the culprit.

Start Task Manager: <CTRL>+<SHIFT>+<ESC>.

Goto the "Processes" tab, select "Show Processes from All Users" (lower left).

Sort by "Memory".

Post here what you see (processes using hundreds of megabytes).

I second that.

I'd guess OP is running some old software with memory management issues.

Ok everybody failed to date although good advice, open /start/type msconfig/ in startup uncheck programs that you feel are not needed at startup click apply reboot,as well as advice already given.

I'm certainly happy that you didn't "advice him" to download BAIDU AV.....

Massage computers are pretty much difficult to fix.

Loose data could cause an empty digestive system of the CPU . .smile.png

Edited by lostinisaan

Try checking the size of your paging file (swap file) and try increasing it. This is where, on your hard drive, Windows puts lesser used info if your system runs low on RAM. Since you're getting a memory error this "might" do it.

Easier to give you a link than type instructions.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-virtual-memory-size#1TC=windows-7

Edit. In reading that it says:

Under Drive [Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file you want to change.

That is undoubtedly your C: drive if you have more than one drive (volume, drive letter.)

Edited by NeverSure

Definitely the result of a running process or service...perhaps even malware or virus. Avast antivirus is free... you need a full system scan. Go ahead and let it quarantine anything questionable. If you quarantine something that was a false positive, you can bring it back out of Quarantine. If you do this, and the problem reappears...then you know what it is. You might find, afterwards, that more than one of your software downloads will not work (because it was packaged with malware). Looks like something is running in the background, and phoning home. Another free download is McAfee Stinger...and Hijack This. Between all of these, you should get things straightened out. Be careful with McAfee Stinger...It is quick, and lists many vital processes, along with bad ones. You only check and delete the ones that you know, for sure ...are bad. You can research them individually.

Edited by slipperylobster
  • Like 1

Sandman, KhunBENQ explained opening Task Manager. I'd check again under the Startup tab and make sure everything is enabled. If one of those on the list hangs on startup, it's likely to leak memory like crazy.

It's not likely, but worth a quick look. It occurred to me after reading what SlipperyLobster wrote above.

Does he sound like someone likely to have tinkered with his pagefile ?

By default it will be 4.3Gb.

That's un poisson rouge.

First find out what is using the memory.

As others have said, check your startup programs, disable ones you don't need there for a start.

Does this happen when you are using a particular application? If so, could it be defective? (Is it a pirate copy for example?).

Have you looked in Task Manager to see what the hog is when you get this message?

Have you got gazillions of tabs opening in Google Chrome?

What did you do two days ago that might have caused this? Installed something?

Check all of these things before you start pissing about with the pagefile.

If you open too many programs or a program is playing up, you can fill the desktop heap and get this message long before you run out of memory, physical or otherwise.

Edited by Chicog

Mostly good advice here but in my recent experience, this is always a good thing to check.

Does this happen when you are using a particular application? If so, could it be defective? (Is it a pirate copy for example?).

Open the programs one by one, checking the resources used in Task Manager after each launch as described earlier. As soon as you find the memory hog, close it and Uninstall it. Do a reboot and reinstall and see if it still is an issue. If yes, either get a newer (legal) version or find something else (legal) that will do the same thing.

Make sure you haven't disabled or made your pagefile too small. Like one website puts it:

The big problem with disabling your pagefile is that once you've exhausted the available RAM, your apps are going to start crashing, since there's no virtual memory for Windows to allocate—and worst case, your actual system will crash or become very unstable.

Make sure you haven't disabled or made your pagefile too small. Like one website puts it:

The big problem with disabling your pagefile is that once you've exhausted the available RAM, your apps are going to start crashing, since there's no virtual memory for Windows to allocate—and worst case, your actual system will crash or become very unstable.

I agree, and it's always good to start with the easiest and quickest and then drill down if needed.

Because there are so many pirated copies of Windows in LOS and some of them installed using an .msi file or an image, I don't trust that something wasn't tweaked in a prior installation. It's worth considering that perhaps the installation not only is pirated, but was actually first installed on another computer and then Sysprepped and pirated.

It's possible some people who bought computers don't know the OS was pirated.

Edited by NeverSure

I agree, and it's always good to start with the easiest and quickest and then drill down if needed.

Because there are so many pirated copies of Windows in LOS and some of them installed using an .msi file or an image, I don't trust that something wasn't tweaked in a prior installation. It's worth considering that perhaps the installation not only is pirated, but was actually first installed on another computer and then Sysprepped and pirated.

It's possible some people who bought computers don't know the OS was pirated.

I tried running without a pagefile once on a Win 7 machine with 4GB RAM...I didn't get through the first day without some error messages when using certain programs and the machined crashed/locked up once. Set the pagefile back to being Windows-managed and problem went away. I then played with manually setting the pagefile to a memory setting about half of what the Windows-managed recommendation was and the machine continued to work fine. But hey, I got plenty of free drive space so why skim on the pagefile size. I set it back to Windows-managed...figure since I paid good money for Windows I ought to make it do as much of the work as possible versus dragging me in to help out.

• Like 1

So is the OP still getting crashes in his massage?

blink.png

maybe it's yet another of these "hit and run support request threads" where the OP doesn't make a second post with an update of the situation.

• Like 1

So is the OP still getting crashes in his massage?

blink.png

maybe it's yet another of these "hit and run support request threads" where the OP doesn't make a second post with an update of the situation.

Or he might be too busy with the folks in his village.....I'm really wondering why he couldn't "update" his current behavior of his machine. .smile.png

Edited by lostinisaan